March chit chat board

Options

Replies

• bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My new goal to reach is 50 pounds lost by august when i go on vacation to visit my cousins who i have not seen in many years. I am so excited i can't even begin to tell you.

So I've been really focusing on my food intake and trying to exercise whenever i can. I am 15 pounds down right now from when I started Jan 28th and I have 5 months to go still. That is totally doable.

I am so ready for this change. I notice little changes in my body with just a 15 pound loss. It's awesome...and very motivating. I am back on track and running full speed ahead.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    You can do it bevkidd :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I had the most amazing weekend! I had a friend come out of town that I only see once a year but is one of my closest girlfriends. Our annual weekend was a blast as always!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a great weekend :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I think i thought i felt better then i did, after work today my energy just tanked. I did not do the gym today because i dont want to over tax myself. I am still on antibiotics till saturday so hopefully i keep going uphill. And then one more week until holidays yay!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have not been to the gym all week because we are suddenly buried in snow.
    We were green Sunday, and have been most of the winter.
    Monday is started snowing, by the time I got off work it was pretty heavy so I stayed home.
    Yesterday we got belted with 25 inches and the city nearly shut down.
    We are expecting another 10-12 inches tonight. I cannot even walk outside.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Wow, better to be home and safe!!!! Its amazing how many people dont stay home...

I am currently working towards hour 5 of sitting in the emergency room with my daughter after only a precious 45 minutes of sleep.... Need to be at work in 3 hours.... Napping at my desk today i think.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    oh, emergency room visits are horrible! I've been there all night in the past, so I feel you, HL. Hope everything is ok now! And if its possible, maybe you can just call off today, or take a few hours and come in late?

@ Italian - we didn't get the snow they forcasted for us in WV where I'm at, and I'm a little disappointed, but I'm one of those weird people who actually like snow - even 25 inches of it! Well, I like it between November and March. We've been one of those parts of the country that hasn't seen much winter at all, and the temps have been incredibly mild for here. I hope it doesn't mean we're set up for a hot summer, cause I can't take the heat!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Sorry about the ER visit! That sucks! Hope your daughter is alright too! I am also sleep deprived today, which does not take much for me....I was kept up past my bedtime two nights in a row!

As far as snow goes, if I never saw it again in my entire life that would be good. I do not even like it at Christmas..I do not celebrate outside so I do not need it!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'll gladly take it off your hands, if we can figure out how to box it up and ship it my way! lol

Though I have to admit I'm getting bit by the spring bug - the tulips are up, daffodils are blooming, forsythias and dogwoods are budded, and the robins are back, and I'm ready to work in the yard!

I'm always sleep deprived during the week. After 10 years, I still cannot adjust to getting up before 7 or 8 AM. No matter how much sleep I get the night before, my body just is never ready to get up when 5:30 rolls around. While I like being home before 5 pm most days, I still wish I could adjust my schedule so I could come in at 8 or 8:30 am instead of 7.
  • crochetkeepsmehappy
    crochetkeepsmehappy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @HLaR79 I hope your daughter is alright!!
    @Italian_Buju we didn't get as much snow as you, but we got about 18 inches. Our city shut down as well. However working at a hospital does not benefit when the weather is bad. They are always open lol. Thankfully I was able to go home early and stay indoors and got home safely even in the white out conditions.
    @bmeadows380 I too hate getting up before 7. I'll also never get used to it. I work 8-430. And I would love to work 730-4. Only cuz traffic is much better at those hours. However I do enjoy the extra half hour of sleep in the am it gives me lol.

Sorry I have been mia. Stressful couple weeks. I'm not losing any weight. But at least I am maintaining and not gaining. Trying to be good. However hubby is a bad influence. He is one of those people whom seems to be able to eat anything they want and don't gain any weight. Lol
    Still getting to the gym tho thankfully. My drs visit went well yesterday. It was a physical. He is happy to hear I joined the gym and the inches that I lost and told me not to be discouraged with the scale not moving much. I'm hoping by the time I see him again in September I will be 30-50 lbs lighter. That would be amazing. Goals :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks everyone my daughter is okay, she had 8 stitches in her leg from a cut, but she is already running around like it didnt happen i am just hoping she doesnt rip them or anything, and i was so glad my husband was home from work so i didnt have to wake up my 11 year old.

@crochetkeepsmehappy. The fact that you are so stressed out and maintaining really shows that the changes you are making are sticking with you, great job.
    @bmeadows380 those early mornings are harsh! I wish life started at 10 am.

• HLaR79
    Options
    Thought i would check in on everyones weekend...

I spent my weekend mostly at home waiting for my husband to get home... He was late... By like 2days.... Crazy manitoba weather. We did get our room cleaned though amd i did lots of walking friday and saturday...

I ate way too much yesterday, but today im having a normal eating day. So all is good. Kids stitches come out thursday and then i have a 6 day weekend, friday to wednesday. Going to be a good few weeks.

Hope everyone elses weekend was well.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Mine was the same old story as every weekend, lol
    I worked ten hours Saturday, went grocery shopping and then grabbed a pizza and came home. Sunday, as usual, I spend 90% of the day in the kitchen, finishing cleaning up from the week, and prep cooking....I made lemon blueberry bread, apple cinnamon bread and cabbage rolls and perogies this week.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Ohhh i love cabbage rolls i totally need to dig some out of the freezer for supper tonight yum now i know what to have...
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    We're on a huge cabbage kick right now . . . I have halusky, jalapeno-peach slaw, and colcannon in the fridge right now. And half a head of shredded cabbage that will be another batch of halusky later in the week. Maybe cabbage rolls next week . . .
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Venting: I've been on radio silence lately, and it shows on the scale. Up again. I have been working 12+ hrs plus commute every day, so needless to say no gym. By the time I get home, put the kids to bed, I am starving for dinner and it is about 9. Then I eat and too tired to do anything.

Today I made a stand. Temptations at work have been horrible. Film free food it too much to resist. Slowly going to craft service more and more. Today I said "No craft service food" I have my snacks (veggies and an Asian pear and a small apple sauce brownie). Huge temptation came, free Dairy Queen Ice Cream, anything I wanted to order......I texted my wife for reinforcements and looked up the calories on the items I was thinking about. My wife, and I and the power of God, talked myself down from a large blizzard, to a peanut parfait, to a buster bar, to a dilly bar, to nothing. Even though my co workers were "Are you sure", "you're missing out", "I don't accept no as an answer" was even a response. It was like a boxing ring of NO.

Even after they came they asked If I wanted one as they had bought a box of something. Come on people this isn't fair.

Alas, thank you for the vent, I'm still a little angry I chose today to put my foot down, and grumpy I missed out, but really what have I missed, 12 hours walking to take it off? Or worse at least .5 lb up in calories, which usually translates to more on the actual scale.

Cheers everyone. Almost April, I hope everyone did better than I did in March.

Walk On.

• HLaR79
    Options
    Great job violet :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    20170329_214648_zpsjvcgpsb6.jpg

After months it is finished
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member