Lchf side dish recipes needed!

Options
2»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower, so much tastier than mashed potatoes, made with butter and cream of course.

Bacon wrapped jalapeños.

Broccoli with butter
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Having an assortment of hot sauces and vinegars is pretty important for me. I can eat the same veg 5 nights in a row without getting palate fatigue by just using a different acid.
  • domingoestradajr
    domingoestradajr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    Having an assortment of hot sauces and vinegars is pretty important for me. I can eat the same veg 5 nights in a row without getting palate fatigue by just using a different acid.

Oooooh i like this!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »

I recently went on a cruise with 2 stops in Mexico. I brought home 5 or 6 new hot sauces. I haven't had a chance to try them all yet. My preference is adding fresh peppers (jalapeños, ceranos and habeñeros mostly) to food, but hot sauces are my second choice and sometimes used in combination like last night with my taco salad.
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Dilly soucream cucumber salad, bacon wrapped asparagus spears, roasted cauliflower, mashed cauliflower with cheese, roasted cheese stuffed zucchini!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Cabbage sautéed with bacon, brussel sprouts blanched and finished in a frying pan with butter and garlic, spinach steamed with garlic and hot peppers, creamed spinach, salad, spiralized zucchini with garlic, cauliflower rice, cauliflower mash, steamed broccoli, asparagus steamed, sautéed zucchini slices.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Homemade Greek Salad, adjust proportions of the 4 veg depending on your macros. Add lots of crumbled feta and olives. Traditionally all you need for the dressing is the spices and good olive oil. The acidic juices from the tomatoes mix with the oil for the best flavour. If you aren't using much tomato you may need a bit of red wine vinegar.
    Also if you get tired of cheese on your veg, lol, get an Asian flavour using toasted pure sesame oil and a bit of Bragg's or Tamari or soy sauce. Indonesian sauce home made with your own nut butters are good and easy too.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like to make a fake-*kitten* tabouleh as well, omitting the bulgar wheat and adding a granny smith apple for a bit of sweetness and a little more tart.
  • rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    loaded cauliflower!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I did some lovely fresh green beans last night. Blanched for awhile so they wouldn't be too chewy and then pan fried with olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, some garlic powder, and red chili flakes.....Mmm...
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I make a cauliflower broccoli salad. I quickly blanch the veggies in boiling water. I mix with mayo, sour cream and a shot of apple cider vinegar. Then I add bacon bits, sunflower seeds and shredded cheese and a bit of onion. So yum!!
    I melted butter in a baking dish the other night and then added brussel sprouts and thick cut bacon bits and baked it for about half hour.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Walmart now sells (and fully stocks) riced and mashed cauliflower in the freezer section, as well as bags of just frozen cauliflower. I'm finding these helpful when I'm in a hurry.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Walmart now sells (and fully stocks) riced and mashed cauliflower in the freezer section, as well as bags of just frozen cauliflower. I'm finding these helpful when I'm in a hurry.

They also have cauliflower tots by Green Giant, but DON'T BE FOOLED!!!! They added a bunch of crap like corn starch so they are almost as carby as the ones made of potato.