John's OMAD journey

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »
    By the way, a solid non scale victory this week. I've stopped taking Prilosec. My last dose was Saturday night, I think. I've been on that for twenty years . . .

What is that for? I've noticed my allergies have improved immensely since fasting.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    What is that for? I've noticed my allergies have improved immensely since fasting.

Acid reflux
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That's great, I no longer have acid reflux either :)
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hooray!! Suffering from acid reflux sure doesn't sound like fun. You are healing your body with OMAD!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    MandyxSchmitz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    By the way, a solid non scale victory this week. I've stopped taking Prilosec. My last dose was Saturday night, I think. I've been on that for twenty years . . .

That's awesome!! I love the NSV!!

• blambo61
    Options
    I used to have some acid reflux also that is completely gone.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    u73ly6q14zkq.png

3.75lb loss this week, 29.25 lb total loss in the 11 weeks since 12/30/16. Thirty pound milestone this week? Hope so!

I think I've sorted things out and I'm back on track. The last two weeks of fluctuations I think were due more to behavioral than metabolic problems. I was letting too many sugary and simple carbs work their way back into my diet, and this was making my evenings rough. Aroused the old "Head Hunger" monster. Back to fundamentals, eat a fist size serving of carbs and be done with it, balance out the rest (I'm happiest on a four food groups kind of plan, my apologies for being so old-fashioned ;)) It's not really LCHF, more like carb conscious, indulgent in higher healthy fats.

Still off of prilosec for acid reflux, nearly a week now. Some days it starts to come back, mainly because I'm such a coffee drinker, but if that's all it is, I refuse to participate (again) in the insanity of taking a drug just so that I can slam coffee back all day long.

Speaking of, I'm sipping on a variation of bulletproof coffee that @KetoKaHee suggested, 1 tbs each of heavy cream, butter, and coconut oil blended in a mug of coffee. It's quite good! Yes, I know that technically this breaks OMAD from the standpoint of calories, but the lack of carbs or protein doesn't spike insulin, which I think may be the key (according to Fung in the Obesity Code). We will see. For now, this is delicious and doesn't upset my stomach, so I'll give it a go. I guess I'm going to join the grass-fed butter crowd now . . . .
  • blambo61
    Options
    apple cider vinegar is supposed to help with acid reflux
  • leveejohn
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    apple cider vinegar is supposed to help with acid reflux

Yes, and I'm taking 2 tbs every day of the week. I'm thinking my chances of getting off this drug permanently will never get any better than now!
  • blambo61
    Options
    A guy I know at work was able to completely get off of drugs for his acid reflux using ACV. I don't know what his protocol was.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Almost 4 LBs in one week is awesome!!! KUTGW :)
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great results. Well done.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Ugh, back up to 211.5 after several days of car travel, plane travel, and restaurants -- that's a three pound gain.

Looking forward to being back in the saddle with OMAD!!

It's amazing how big I feel at a weight I would have been thrilled to weigh just a couple months ago.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You're setting yourself higher standards. It's not a bad thing. It just means that you will keep getting better and better with time :)
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @leveejohn I know how you feel. I have been working really hard, however, my body just doesn't want to let go of the fat! You will get those 3 pounds off in no time. It is hard when you travel. Get back into your routine Mr.!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    No worries, you'll get them back off :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Couple of days on OMAD and you will be back to or close to where you left off.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Ugh, back up to 211.5 after several days of car travel, plane travel, and restaurants -- that's a three pound gain.

Looking forward to being back in the saddle with OMAD!!

It's amazing how big I feel at a weight I would have been thrilled to weigh just a couple months ago.

Got all 3 pounds off, back to 208.5 this morning (my previous low weight), now to resume the weight loss again.

Man, this OMAD is powerful stuff. Nothing I have ever tried has worked this effectively, and this comfortably.
  • LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic news! It's great how you just got on and got back to it and already enjoying the rewards of your hard work :smile:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Got all 3 pounds off, back to 208.5 this morning (my previous low weight), now to resume the weight loss again.

Nicely done.