John's OMAD journey

Options

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Just re-reading some of your comments about exercise. That's so interesting what you wrote about exercise not being the best way to lose weight especially if it raised cortisol, the stress hormone. Sometimes it's better just to have an extra hour of sleep. => less stress =>less cortisol => less appetite => less fat accumulation => less weight.

what I do know is that if I concentrate on exercise, I can eat my way to nix all the benefits of the most intense exercise. The kitchen is for weight loss, the gym is for fitness.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    If we gain muscle from exercise, we might not lose weight, but our % body fat is improving so that is progress. I imagine someone exercising could either not eat all the cals back, break even, or eat way more than the exercise based on the individual.

I think we can lose weight due to deficits and also due to other factors. Nothing can stop weight loss due to a deficit or we are creating energy out of no-where. I do believe exercise can effect what a deficit is (could increase metabolism and help or could cause us to eat more than the deficit back or both). Exercise acting on cortisol would be effecting weight loss due to other factors than a deficit (average deficit for the day and not instantaneous deficits).
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Down 2.75 lbs this week, total weight loss is 27 lbs over the past 9 weeks. SW was 237.75, CW is 210.75 lbs.

Still feel like I'm learning, but feeling more in control. Still not counting calories, just eating in a 2-4 hour window, trying to eat 'healthy', carb conscious but not low carb, exercising regularly but not intensely, and reaching pleasantly full but not stuffing myself.

You can see that I'm still weighing daily because I find it interesting. Even in this past week you'll see my weight swing up and down, not entirely sure what causes that, but it's there.

I continue to be amazed by OMAD. Nothing I have ever tried over the past 25 years has been this effective or, for that matter, relatively easy to insert into my lifestyle. And thank you all for your posts and discussions, I continue to learn from you all and it helps my motivation.

6jei8cz7fesv.png
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A 2.75 LB loss is Awesome, keep up the great work :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Great job!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Those numbers and the graph you posted are so motivating I would imagine
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You must be so proud!
  • leveejohn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For this week, 1.5 lb gain, for a total weight loss of 25.5 since Dec 30.

Kind of in a weird couple of weeks, weight is fluctuating up and down, although looking at the trend it, okay, I guess? But strictly by the numbers I show a 1.5 lb gain this week (last Saturday was the low point). Oh well, keep up the discipline. I show a 1.9 lb/wk loss trendline after the initial week's loss, and I should be quite happy with that.

I was extra tired this week, not sure exactly why, but the pollen has started kicking up (oak pollen first), and that always is a challenging time for me. My wife and my son have been under the weather this week, maybe that's all it is. It's always tougher for me to be disciplined in the evenings with healthy eating when I'm tired.

xqprw8no5un0.png
  • blambo61
    Options
    Not feeling well is my hardest times also. I've also had a lot of allergies this last week and started taking claritin which has helped a lot. Do you do splurge days that correlate with the weight fluctuations? If not, I would bet your holding some water due to allergies.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Do you do splurge days that correlate with the weight fluctuations? If not, I would bet your holding some water due to allergies.

I suspect it might be some of both. Time will tell, right?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hope your all feeling better soon, I'm sure it's just water weight o:)
  • blambo61
    Options
    yep!
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    25lbs since December is absolutely inspiring!!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yay! So happy for you. You are one step closer to your goal and kicking butt!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!!
  • leveejohn
    Options
    You know, I've been doing a lot of commentary in this group, for someone who has been on OMAD less than three months. I guess it's just my nature to try to mentor.

But I will tell you this...

It is also creating TREMENDOUS motivation to stay the course! You folks by your presence and thoughtful comments and advice have invoked a SERIOUS put-up-or-shut-up condition in me!

And thank you for that.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You have learned a lot in the past 3 months and for someone who is only on her 10th day you have been extremely helpful! Thank you. And this group is AWESOME!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am glad you're here. When I need encouragement I get on the site and see how everyone is doing and comment as well.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Ditto!