Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• sully7904
    sully7904 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Am I putting this in the right spot? New the the mfp community. I used it in the past just to track calories. I'm not a born runner, but I do it for my health and the memory of my dad. In the month of March I run 5 irish themed 5k's. It started out as a way to honor his memory, but I'm actually getting better and I keep trying to beat my own time with each race. So far so good. 2 down, 3 to go.
  • sari_endipity08
    sari_endipity08 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sarah and I am starting out again after being off for a bit with an injury. Plannned to run a 5k at the end of March but we'll see what my body has in store for me. Feel free to add me!
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello - my name is Duane. I've been running for years but my training has suffered the last few. Currently nursing some type of undiagnosed injury. I have numerous 5K's under my belt, a few 10's a couple halfs and several Ultras. I've never raced a marathon - but have the first one in just over a month. Normally a solitary runner due to numerous factors. Now, I have to get back to work. :)
  • GianniRondinini
    GianniRondinini Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm gianni from italy.
    just got into running and found it to be far funnier than i thought :smile:
    haven't done sports for 20 years...
  • tarynbearyn
    tarynbearyn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! Taryn from Boston now (previously CA) I do quite a few 5ks in the area, have done 2 half marathons in the past, looking to get my running up a bit, and trade the 5k for a 10k. I also do crossfit about 3-4 times per week, but feel like everyone in Boston runs, so trying to get my speed up a bit!
  • lfcjohn
    lfcjohn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Join MFP at Jan 2017, start my 3rd time weight loss plan already (1st start already 16 years ago). Active running around 3 months and it's great to have this group too have self challenge. I'm running almost 4-5 days per week now with at least 20-30 mins. Hopefully I can join a full marathon in the coming year (joined once before but can't finished)
  • Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I'm new to the MFP community. Here's a little about me: I became a distance runner over two years ago and started losing a lot of weight in the process. Unfortunately, my weight reached an unsustainable low recently, and it really took a toll on my health.

Now, I'm a distance runner dedicated to staying fit and eating well. I'm planning on running a Spartan race this summer, and either a half or full marathon in the fall.
  • LovingMichelle
    LovingMichelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone- I am a retired marathon runner but I am back on track--literally and figuratively. This time around, I aim to run a 5 K at least 3 times a week. On opposite days, I will hit the sunny golf course for some cross training:) Have a great spring/summer!
  • Bourgeoisie_
    Bourgeoisie_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm nicknamed Babi. I run at least 3 miles everyday. I love to run. I'd also be running the Houston half marathon in January...trying to get back on track and build endurance slowly.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm Simon. Do most of my running on a treadmill - which is cool as I enjoy it. I live at the top of a hill and every way home is uphill. Have completed a half, 10ks and 5ks in the past. Not sure if I'll sign up for anymore races - currently just trying to stay healthy after six months of rotating injuries - not all running related.
  • jbelluso
    jbelluso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started running 3/8/17. I haven't lost a damn pound. I've ran about 4 times a week on average for this one month journey. I try to not take consecutive days off. I'm pretty motivated and feeling good so far, glad the weather is finally breaking ( western PA ) I hope to start losing some weight or I am afraid I will lose motivation. I know I need to do better with my diet , but I am not eating crazy. Just the normal stuff. I AM 235 LBS , 6'1" AND I TRY NOT TO EXCEED 2000 calories per day. I am signed up to run my first 5k on May 6th.

Thanks for the forum .
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @jbelluso welcome!
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I am Nikos. I start running to support my decision to stop smoking at the end of 2015. I am not new to running or exercise in general but I had a long time to involve into some kind of physical activity except swimming which I love. Now I am stuck with running too!! My dream is to run an Olympic triathlon someday and currently, running is my weaker sport out of these three.

Glad to be here and nice meeting you all!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Approaching my 50th birthday. I am considering running my first marathon. At this point a half-marathon in June is going to happen. I will transition after that to training for the Hartford Marathon in October.(unless my sanity returns and I decide that marathon runners are just crazy.) Did my first 10 mile run since high school last Saturday and I feel good enough to go 11 miles next Saturday.
  • alternativemommy
    alternativemommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are still posting on here! :smiley: I'm Kelli, I've been running since high school (track and cross country) but I was never very good at it and pretty lazy (probably why I wasn't very good). I've run on and off since but after I had my twins I started and haven't stopped (or haven't wanted to stop). Seems like I've found something I really enjoy (and the time to myself is nice too with 3 kids). I ran my 1st half marathon this last August, I'm running a 10 miler at the end of the month, and I'm running my 2nd half marathon in Las Vegas in November. I love running by myself but I am a part of a few Pub Runs that meet monthly and it's nice to have a group run here and there (and some beer).
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    wow. this seems to be rediscovered :) ... 2 weeks to go till my first HM ... stay injury-free and keep running :)
  • vichim1033
    vichim1033 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Victoria. I'm not much of a runner anymore, but I was doing a short distance of 3-4 miles(35-40mins), 6 days a week. I recently stopped, due to school/work/and taking care of my daughter. You know, life getting in the way every once awhile. I'm trying to get back at it starting today, and I'm hoping this group will help me keep in track of it all!
    A goal of mine is to lose 10lbs by the end of May/early April.

I cant wait to see how this all goes!
  • daf_fields
    daf_fields Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Daniel. I have never really been very physically active, but I decided in November that it was time to get in shape and lose weight. I am 37, and I said I would never pass 200 pounds but found myself at 215 lbs. I started using MyFitnessPal and Daily Burn and lost 20 pounds in 4 months. Then, thank you Murphy's Law, I got a hernia which meant no lifting more than 10 pounds for 2 months and only cardio. I decided to start walking the perimeter of my backyard (16 rounds = 1 mile). Then I thought I'd try jogging some of it. I am up to 3 miles a day (walk 2 rounds, jog 3-4 rounds), and I love it! Linking MyFitnessPal to MapMyWalk has helped, as well. I can't believe it, but I starting thinking about continuing to build my endurance and possible work up to doing 5k at some point!

I am now down 30 pounds, but my surgery is in 2 days. Hopefully, I can regain my momentum as soon as I have recovered and get right back into it.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hello, everybody? I should say it? Hello, everybody! (one of my favorite lines from Christmas Vacation) :smile:

I am Rus and must admit to not going through all 16 pages of introductions yet, but I did read Stan's ( @Stoshew71 ) at the beginning and my story is similar. I grew up in northern MN and was active in my youth, playing hockey in the winters, sp softball, and tennis. My senior yr of HS, I did join the cross-country team, not because of my love of running (was actually not a fan), but more to get in shape and increase my endurance for hockey. Until a year ago, that was really my only attempt at long-distance running.

In the fall of 2014, I reached my heaviest weight at 269 and knew I needed to do something. With the help of MFP logging food, hitting the gym 3 days a week, and a lot of walking, a year later I was down about 40-50 lbs. The gym scene was starting to get stale and I wanted to do something else to get me to my goal, which was Onederland. So, last April, I decided to do the Couch-to-5K and stuck with it. Since then, I have run in 3 5K's, 1 8K double-run, 1 10K, and last Saturday, I completed my 1st Half Marathon!! I say 1st, because I am certain there will be more. Right now I am not contemplating a full marathon, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

This coming Sunday I will hit the half century mark and I am excited to start my 50's fit and strong.

• vandergrift88
    vandergrift88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Tina :smile: I used to loathe the treadmill. Since I've been on this health journey for just over a year (down 45lbs), I've discovered a love for the treadmill which lead to running 2 K's so far. I am participating in the Disney Run next year 10K race. For me, there is a freedom that comes with running. I feel empowered and have developed a secret love affair with athletic shoes. So more or less I am a newbie and run when I feel the urge or participate in races. More consistent running will be a goal. These challenges will help me get there. Looking forward to what's next!