Dajoloehrs journey

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Thanks ladies, I used to ride from April until October, or at least I did in 2015 lol. It was great, @brendagaudette the uphill isn't so bad, it takes me a little over 20 minutes to get to my husbands work, which is where our car is, so I can pick my son up after school. I sit at a computer all day, so I'm only really mentally tired after work and the fresh air helps a lot. :)
    Today was cheat day :flushed: too much food lol not out of control, but more than I'm used to, I'm trying to make sure my cheat day still happens within my eating window so I can't over do it.
  • Nutbutt24
    Nutbutt24 Posts: 34 Member
    That's awesome that you can bike to work!!
  • dajoloehr
    Well, I was going to try a 48hr fast yesterday, I made it 2 hours past my eating window lol. I'm afraid that Ill snap and wake up at 11 and eat everything lol. Probably wont happen, but I think instead of a full fast once a week, I'm just going to do a super low cal day. I ate just over 1000 calories and 400 of that was not from hunger, I was satisfied with the other 680 calories and didn't binge. I found it a little hard at first, when I got home from work, but then I looked around my house and saw all the things that I could clean lol So now i had my first successful superlowcal day and a clean house :) Im going to try to pair this up after my splurge day.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2017
    An all day fast takes some getting use to and for me as long as I can make it till bed time I'm ok because I've never gotten up from bed to eat...Thats a good idea to eat less calories the day after a splurge :)
  • Nutbutt24
    Nutbutt24 Posts: 34 Member
    I tried an all day fast yesterday too. Then my friend convinced me to spin with her and wanted to go out to eat afterwards.
  • dajoloehr
    Made honey roasted chickpeas tonight :) I usually make chili flavor, but I'm taking full advantage of having real honey in the house. :yum: I think this is the first time they worked out, in terms of crunchiness.
    The weather was so nice today, finally, took advantage by cleaning up outside and finishing the first piece of my planter boxes.
    Happy Friday everyone :grin:
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    Wish it was nice outside in NH but NO we got a snow storm :( Happy April's Fool on us :p
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    Made honey roasted chickpeas tonight :) I usually make chili flavor, but I'm taking full advantage of having real honey in the house. :yum: I think this is the first time they worked out, in terms of crunchiness.
    The weather was so nice today, finally, took advantage by cleaning up outside and finishing the first piece of my planter boxes.
    Happy Friday everyone :grin:

I saw a recipe the other day where they used the chick pea water... and then found this.... https://www.vegansociety.com/whats-new/blog/20-amazing-things-you-can-do-aquafaba

I always throw away that brine!
  • dajoloehr
    First day for biking to work :) it was -1 out and I slept in, but I did it anyway #noexcuses
    I walked my son and nephew home from school yesterday and had a bit of a body image downer. We walked past an all glass building and I saw my reflection and didn't like what I saw. When i was larger I felt like I look now, so seeing that made me feel like I haven't made any progress. I know that's not true, there's a big change, but sometimes, especially when I have a stall, I feel down on myself. I NEED to get below 245 and stay below for my physical and mental state. April is going to be the month for that.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    you can do it! Just keep plugging away!
  • andyvedz
    andyvedz Posts: 22 Member
    Great job! Looks like you're doing a lot of great things for your health :smiley:
  • Brendalea69
    Thats great you rode your bike and hoping you kick April's butt!!! o:)
  • dajoloehr
    edited April 2017
    Super snacky today :( I hate when I get that way, cause all that snacking adds up. I didn't have a proper meal, but I stayed below my calories thanks to my bike ride to/from work. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue tomorrow. What's your favorite low cal snack?
  • Brendalea69
    At least you stayed below your calories...I don't snack anymore but sometimes I do add a sweet treat to my meal...My favorite snack is popcorn and dark chocolate with almonds...You should try these, I would cut bananas into 1 inch pieces and dip in dark chocolate and then freeze, they are super yummy :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Keep up the good work . . . you're back in the saddle now, good things are coming your way.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    First day for biking to work :) it was -1 out and I slept in, but I did it anyway #noexcuses
    I walked my son and nephew home from school yesterday and had a bit of a body image downer. We walked past an all glass building and I saw my reflection and didn't like what I saw. When i was larger I felt like I look now, so seeing that made me feel like I haven't made any progress. I know that's not true, there's a big change, but sometimes, especially when I have a stall, I feel down on myself. I NEED to get below 245 and stay below for my physical and mental state. April is going to be the month for that.

Don't think about what you are, think about how you will be. It's like anything we start in life. When you start something, you are nowhere near your goal but you keep at it because you know you will get there.

• dajoloehr
    First week of April almost over already! I rode my bike to work 4 days :) despite the weather not wanting me to. Ive learned that the fender on my bike does not work as well as it should lol, if anyone's ever ridden in the rain, you know what I'm talking about lol Hopefully next weeks a little better, but I really don't mind the rain, just the wet pants hahaha
    I hope everyone's having a fun and successful weekend :)
  • Brendalea69
    Good job!!! Gotta love the rain though :p
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Sounds great riding the bike! Keep that up!
  • dajoloehr
    WARNING LONG, KIND OF RANTY AND A LITTLE BRUTAL HONESTY.
    Ok so this week, yes I rode my bike to work 4 days like I wanted, read a lot, like I wanted, but I ate crappy :( I really hate the fact that I KNOW what to do and I KNOW it works and it's really not that hard if I just think before I act. I've always been one to put my family before me, but lately I've noticed that I spend a lot of time not doing anything because my family wants to do something separately and I just sit there, checking social media, playing stupid games or watching tv until they want to do something. I think part of me feels guilty if I do what I want to do without them. This has got to stop, I can't keep my sanity if I keep living this way.
    With the first week of April over, I'm not very optimistic about weigh in tomorrow, and nor should I think that eating good 4 out of 7 days, but eating really really terrible in those other 3, would result in any type of lose. The most I can hope for is breaking even. With 3 weeks left, I'm going to make a new rule for myself to get off my butt. I have a dog that will always be up for a walk, a bike that can take me anywhere I want to go, and a family that really is ok with me doing things without them ( as long as I make them dinner lol)
    I don't have a lot to complain about in life and a lot to be thankful for so, starting today ( because good things don't always need to start on Mondays) I'm not going to let myself give excuses, I'm not going to feel sorry for myself, I'm going to put myself first, because I deserve to be happy and healthy.
    09oogpztl8oh.jpeg
    l1287zftyiwx.jpeg
    dcrlpelgbuzg.jpeg