I'm a basketcase

Options

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Allison you are stronger than me ...at least you are trying ...when I lost 4 people in a 3 month span (as you know) I was in a funk for awhile..I quit logging working out etc. just a suggestion maybe just eat at maintance and don't worry about logging your meals(might be adding more stress at this difficult time) you are welcome to stop by while your kids are in school if you want company...HUGSSSS
  • riella25
    riella25 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My mother died in Sept and I still have bouts of crying. I think we need to grieve. Be kind to yourself and gentle too. I really got in to a lot of emotional eating and am still dealing with it. You are doing well. Do not beat yourself up for small mistakes. You will do this.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    How are you doing today?? Just checking on you.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss!
  • msfutureskinnyminnie
    msfutureskinnyminnie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Today marks 1 week since I lost my lovely mother-still a basket case-can't seem to get out of this funk ugh-today I finally completed my food log which I haven't done all week
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    @msfutureskinnyminnie Sorry that you're hurting, this is not surprising. It's a good sign that you are taking time to check in here and that you logged your food. Take care of yourself!
  • msfutureskinnyminnie
    Options
    Thank you so much @bametels
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you for the loss of your mom. I can only imagine the difficult time your having. Stay the course, but go easy on yourself if you stumble.
  • msfutureskinnyminnie
    Options
    Thanks @PaulaJSchiller greatly appreciated
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I hope you are doing OK. It's a holiday a something came up that reminded of my dear deceased Mom. It will be 10 years. I smile more often now with the memories than I did a few years ago.

Hope you're doing ok today. I've been thinking of you.
  • msfutureskinnyminnie
    Options
    Thanks KpK....Spend time with my dad and brothers ....lots of crying today ...funeral next weekend :'(:'(
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say something that could help ease your pain and I'm sure I'd be a wreck too, if it was my mother, so I will only say I'm terribly sorry for your heartbreak. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to lean on close friends and others at this time, if they offer it. It won't make you any less strong. I promise. Hugs.
  • msfutureskinnyminnie
    Options
    Thank you so much bjwoodzy
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    <3
  • msfutureskinnyminnie
    Options
    I have an appt this week to see a professional because I am depressed and not much of an appetite
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself the best you can during your time of grief.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I have an appt this week to see a professional because I am depressed and not much of an appetite

Best possible thing you could be doing, well done.

Sometimes it's a professional we need, to give us a handle on how to cope, and it's the ideal solution.
    Be well, take care.
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    I agree. Professional help would be a great way to let things out and see you through the grieving process.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I too wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I hope your appointment this week is helpful to you.

Best wishes.