Keto ladies only!

Options
Ugh y'all.

I started my menstruatal cycle today and I'm miserable. I want a whole package of Oreos. Do y'all have any tips to make my suffering a little easier so I don't give in to temptation?

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have a Lily's chocolate bar handy. They are expensive but worth it when I need it.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I know its a personal choice, but I stick a tbsp. of peanut butter on a spoon and slowly lick it like a popsicle lol I find it takes away all my cravings for sweets. Thankfully its only a couple days a month we have to deal with it haha
  • LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fat bombs! <3 There are some excellent recipes on Pinterest, and probably here if you hunt for them, for yummy fat bombs that are 100% Keto and will help satisfy your cravings for something carby/sweet. They are my go-to for a chocolate fix. :)
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I get some 85% dark chocolate, nibble it and let it slowly melt in my mouth.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Eat as much real food, low carb only as you want so that you can avoid grabbing things that will derail you.
    Stay hydrated and get sodium.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sunny_Bunny_'s suggestion. The only time I tried fatbombs, I ate them all in one go. No, it didn't help the cravings or the weight. But that's just my n=1. Try as much real non-carby food as you want, and just know that it will be better in a couple days.
    Here's a bit of strength for ya':
    7051388.jpg?392

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    becwana wrote: »
    I get some 85% dark chocolate, nibble it and let it slowly melt in my mouth.

This. And a glass of red wine. I feel your pain!
  • gracerichter3213
    gracerichter3213 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That Ryan Gosling picture is enough eye candy to satisfy my sweet tooth!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    There's no harm in you being in this thread. You may learn something which will be to a mutual advantage, between you and any young lady who crosses your path. If you're so inclined.
    I never presume anything about anyone...
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    (I'm waiting for the *kitten*-wiggle, by the way....)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    I know I'm not supposed to be in this thread, but when I saw the title I started singing, "All the keto ladies, all the keto ladies," like I'm Beyonce. If I'm gonna sing like Beyonce, I deserve to post it in this thread.

AAAHHHGH! EARWORM ATTACK!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    Even when I was 100 pounds overweight I still had a tiny, pathetic white-dude booty. I think I'm gonna start doing that exercise that I see girls at the gym doing where they put a cable around their ankle and then kick out their leg behind them. That's the exercise I've got to do to get a delicious bubble-butt, right?

Gosh, maybe this really is the thread for me.

I believe it's called a donkey kick. LOL There are several exercises that help build a better butt, and yes, that is definitely one of them.
  • SIMAKRA
    SIMAKRA Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I know its a personal choice, but I stick a tbsp. of peanut butter on a spoon and slowly lick it like a popsicle lol I find it takes away all my cravings for sweets. Thankfully its only a couple days a month we have to deal with it haha

I can never do that. I would eat the whole jar.
  • gracerichter3213
    gracerichter3213 Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Y'all are too much :D
    I fixed my sugar craving with some Halo Top Smores ice cream and a teaspoon of melted peanut butter on top. Phenomenal!!!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Fat bombs get me through the high sugar cravings. Peanut butter+coconut oil, stevia or sweet n low, cocoa powder. Melt PB and oil in microwave, mix in cocoa and sweetener, pour into a bowl or molds if you're feeling fancy, freeze for about an hour.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I keep some dark chocolate on hand and I don't usually crave it until I really need it. :) I eat it with a little peanut butter.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I actually rarely crave sugar. But, on the off times that I do, a little salt kills it immediately. Not intuitive but super effective for me.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    All this talk of Halo Top.... Never heard of it (but then again we are deprived of many things up here in the Great White North :'( ). I think I will stick to 1 tbsp of Haagen Dazs for now. *and no other carbs for the rest of the day...*