Non Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I neglected to mention that by "one piece of each kind of pizza" I meant TWO SLICES OF PIZZA. I only ate two pieces??!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I noticed my jeans were a bit looser today!
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So awesome to read about everyone's NSVs and inspiring! You're all moving more, showing discipline, reclaiming clothes and in need of smaller ones! That is simply fantastic, so proud of you guys and I always look forward to reading these.

For me, my NSV this weekend was when we went to the movies and I noticed how roomy the seats were for me. One of things I felt so uncomfortable with was that I would be "outside" the armrests, in theaters or on airplane seats, etc. But now, I fit comfortably inside the armrests with room to spare. I was even able to sit with my legs crossed the entire movie. I didn't even notice I had been doing that until my husband pointed it out in the car afterwards. He said, "I noticed your legs were crossed the whole movie when you used to not sit like that ever." :) He also said something about how my legs looked but that shall remain between husband and wife! hehehe.
  • thewindandthework
    Options
    anna4anna wrote: »
    . . . we went to the movies and I noticed how roomy the seats were for me.

OMG that's fantastic! Wow, you should be so proud of yourself.

I go to enough movies, plays, and concerts that too-small seats are a constant problem for me. I can't wait to have that NSV, too!
  • MissSass2
    MissSass2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a half hearted attempt to log calories yesterday. Big Easter dinner with family. Probably went over calorie wise, but don't think by very much. I ate really small portions of my favorites and ate slowly. Noticed that I was very full and still had plenty of food left on my plate. The big NSV for me was recognizing that I was full and stopped. Old me would have plowed thru all that food and asked for more.
  • thewindandthework
    Options
    Me too! If I had spent a year carefully logging all the items brought by all the different people, I would have learned that I went a little over. I chose not to stress about it. But I definitely ate better and less than I would have!

I'm proud of you and proud of myself!
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's a strange feeling at first to be like "I am not hungry why am I eating." I was always taught to finish my plate or face punishment. Pretty awesome when you can stop in between being satisfied and full!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The kids have been doing some extra school work. Some to catch up and some to get ahead and finish school early this year. I made them root beer floats, i gave them 2 - 3 scoops of ice cream and and the soda and there was ice cream left over. They asked what I was going to do with it, and I smiled and walked over to the garbage and tossed it. My NSV is not only that I tossed it, but also that the kids are used to me throwing away extra portions of sugar and are not even surprised anymore.
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Warm weather is finally approaching here in NW PA so it was time to do some yard work. Searched my closet for my "gardening clothes", put them on, walked out into the bedroom and my husband laughed when the pants slid down my legs and around my ankles - guess it's time to invest in some new gardening clothes.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    that had to be a great feeling, kimbermak!

My NSV is also related to clothes: I have to wear FR clothing at work when I go out to substations (I work for the power company). Now I have to buy mens clothes because they have a very narrow selection of womens and nothing in my size, and to get the men's clothes to fit, I have to buy about 3 sizes bigger than what I'd normally wear just to get enough room in the seat (men apparently don't have butts!) I will also wear a belt.

Well, the pants that I was wearing have gotten so big that they are baggy like clown pants on me, so I had to go to my boss this week to get permission to order 2 new pair of pants the next size down - and I think I can almost get into 2 sizes down. And I've noticed that I'm pulling the belt so tight that I'm getting it through its own loop and 2 other loops on the pants. That was a very good problem to have!
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    that had to be a great feeling, kimbermak!

Well, the pants that I was wearing have gotten so big that they are baggy like clown pants on me, so I had to go to my boss this week to get permission to order 2 new pair of pants the next size down - and I think I can almost get into 2 sizes down. And I've noticed that I'm pulling the belt so tight that I'm getting it through its own loop and 2 other loops on the pants. That was a very good problem to have!

That is a great problem to have. I have been ordering men's size jackets when my boss buys them for the staff and I think not only do men not have butts, but their arms are twice as long as ours!!!

• bmeadows380
    Options
    kimbermak wrote: »

That is a great problem to have. I have been ordering men's size jackets when my boss buys them for the staff and I think not only do men not have butts, but their arms are twice as long as ours!!!

I agree! I must be somewhere in the middle, though - when I buy a woman's long sleeve shirt, the sleeves are still too short and I have to unbutton the cuff and safetypin it to give me a little more room, and the sleeve rides up my arm more like a 3/4 length shirt.

When I buy men's long sleeve shirts, though, such as for work, I usually have to roll the cuff at least once because they are so long! And I'm buying men's TALL shirts, too, because I want my shirts to be at least mid-thigh and that way, if they shrink over time, they don't end up too short. I don't know why women's t-shirts have to be so short. I'll buy a woman's t-shirt and if I raise my arms for any reason, it rides up past my belly button!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    Someone at the office today told me she could tell I'd lost weight. I had no idea it was noticeable. All that walking must be paying off.

It is nice when someone notices and comments, isn't it? I've got a couple of friends who will comment when they see me; the only problem is, though, that they are nice ladies who know I've been trying, and they've told me I looked like I'd lost weight back when I had actually gained, so I'm not so sure I can trust their evaluation lol

But it's still a nice feeling!

It takes a while, though, before it starts to show on me. My brother and I both carry our weight very well; we don't look nearly as heavy as we actually are. The problem with that is that weight loss doesn't show up as well on us, either. That's why I need these NSV's to keep me motivated; I see the numbers dropping on the scale, but I don't see any difference when I look in the mirror.