What did you eat today???

Options
alybran
alybran Posts: 199 Member
Here's a place to share what you ate today. Share recipes and the like! Per request from @purebredpolly

Also, as a note, everyone is free to add me. My diary is open for friends. :)

Replies

• shelbypx92
    shelbypx92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to eat vegan during the day, vegetarian at night (mostly to curb my cheese addiction so that I can go full vegan eventually). My new FAV lunch since doing this (and what I ate today) is the following *raw* veggie sandwich:

Two slices of Simple Truth Ancient Grains bread (or any kind of whole grain or sprouted bread would do) with 1 heaping tbsp of roasted red pepper hummus, 2-ish tsp of vegan basil pesto, a handful of baby spinach, handful of sliced red and green bell peppers, couple slices of tomato, sprinkle of black olives, sprinkle of pickled red onion, and a sprinkle of banana pepper. Voila! Yummy and super filling lunch, sitting at right around 330 calories.

I've also done this in a spinach wrap and it's delicious either way! I'll usually top this off with a mid-afternoon snack of an organic fruit cup, banana, or even Larabar if I know I'm going to be eating dinner late that day.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    shelbypx92 wrote: »
    I've been trying to eat vegan during the day, vegetarian at night (mostly to curb my cheese addiction so that I can go full vegan eventually). My new FAV lunch since doing this (and what I ate today) is the following *raw* veggie sandwich:

Two slices of Simple Truth Ancient Grains bread (or any kind of whole grain or sprouted bread would do) with 1 heaping tbsp of roasted red pepper hummus, 2-ish tsp of vegan basil pesto, a handful of baby spinach, handful of sliced red and green bell peppers, couple slices of tomato, sprinkle of black olives, sprinkle of pickled red onion, and a sprinkle of banana pepper. Voila! Yummy and super filling lunch, sitting at right around 330 calories.

I've also done this in a spinach wrap and it's delicious either way! I'll usually top this off with a mid-afternoon snack of an organic fruit cup, banana, or even Larabar if I know I'm going to be eating dinner late that day.

YUMMY!!!!

• purebredpolly
    Options
    Meal 1
    Sugar Free Syrup - Smucker's
    Van's 8 Whole Grain Lite Waffles - Waffles, 2 Waffles

Meal 2
    Quorn - Turk'y Roast
    Homemade - Red Potato - Boiled
    Trader Joes - Green Beans,
    Latortilla Factory - 50 Calorie Low (Net) Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla, 1 Tortilla
    Road's End Organics - Savory Herb Quick Gravy (Vegan/Gluten Free. EWWWWWW!!! So awful!

Meal 3
    Broccoli, raw, 1 cup chopped
    Trader Joes - Green Beans
    Crispy chicken mandarin orange - Gardein
    Basmati - Basmati Rice (White) Cooked

Meal 4
    Latortilla Factory - 50 Calorie Low (Net) Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla, 2 Tortilla
    Quorn - Turk'y Roast
    Homemade coleslaw
    Pickle spears

Meal 5
    Raw - Apple, 1 cup
  • alybran
    Options
    Breakfast: Honeycrisp apple with peanut butter (My usual)
    Lunch: Spaghetti squash with homemade sauce, side salad
    Afternoon snack: Fiber One Cinnamon Coffee Cake snack bar
    Dinner: I'm going out to eat today, Mexican... Wish me luck! :# Planning on getting either avocado tostada or veggie fajitas. But that's not the problem... it's the chiiiiiiiiiips!
  • purebredpolly
    edited April 2017
    Options
    alybran wrote: »
    Dinner: I'm going out to eat today, Mexican... Wish me luck! :# Planning on getting either avocado tostada or veggie fajitas. But that's not the problem... it's the chiiiiiiiiiips!

What do you think of the fiber one cinnamon coffee cake? Coffee cake is one of my most favorite things in all the world!

And Good Luck staying away from those chips! :smile:
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Just warning you: flexitarian here and today was a heavy training day, two hours of martial arts in the evening, so I have to eat meat for some part of the day or I can't get my protein where it needs to be for recovery. I'm not and will never be a volume eater, or a believer in protein shakes, AND too many beans and pulses upsets my IBS, which is why I choose animal based protein because it does the job without weighing/hurting my stomach. I also got my period today so it was particularly tender. That being said, I eat veggie as much as I can where I can and all my dinners so far this week have been veggie (lasagne, meal prepped burrito, mac and cheese).

Breakfast: apple and cherry porridge -- ride or die breakfast, I love it. A caramel latte from my Tassimo.
    Breakfast adjacent: I was eating leftover mini cocktail sausages and toad in the holes while waiting for the microwave.
    Lunch: Turkey, lettuce and tomato wholemeal tortilla and a Liberté Greek yoghurt and honey...yoghurt. Vanilla latte.
    Post lunch: paprika pork chorizo with a cup of English breakfast tea and hazelnut milk.
    Dinner: My burrito recipe with a simple change: I had no bell pepper so I added three table spoons give or take of passata and it turned out even better than before. I also added a serving of mixed vegetables, steamed, and Mediterranean flavoured couscous. I had two cans of diet pepsi without caffeine. I had drank my three litres of water and felt like a soda. The beauty of caffeine free is you can't get addicted to it.
    Post dinner: A Deliciously Ella hazelnut and raisin energy ball just because I was hungry.
    Pre training: Nutrigrain strawberry flavoured breakfast bar -- the sugar ups my blood sugar and concentration.
    Post training: Tried a new protein bar I liked before to see if I still liked it as well as to up my protein. It was good.
    Just now: Some Doisy and Dam white chocolate with lemon, poppy seeds and baobab. A can of Irn Bru, a Scottish soda that can't be described, only experienced.

Even with all this food I was still under by about 1000cals. I won't force food onto myself so I just do what I can. I also haven't been logging until two days ago. I'm back to it because I know I'm under but seeing it laid out has made me want to try harder. Especially if I want to transition into maintenance and eventually bulking for body recomp.
  • purebredpolly
    Options

Breakfast: apple and cherry porridge -- ride or die breakfast, I love it.

WOW! That sounds great!

• glassofroses
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It really is. It's actually a Quaker Oats instant sachet one*, and yeah, they're higher in sugar than if I had made it myself but I make it fit with my macros. I make it with hazelnut milk so it's extra rich and creamy. Plus convenience. :smile:

*I've tried a few of them now and the apple and blueberry is very nice, but my second ride or die would probably be the honey and almond flavour.
  • alybran
    Options
    alybran wrote: »

What do you think of the fiber one cinnamon coffee cake? Coffee cake is one of my most favorite things in all the world!

And Good Luck staying away from those chips! :smile:

I failed staying away from the chips. But I love the Cinnamon coffee cake bar! Never seems to last very long though lol. It's a good snack for light training days to keep you till dinner. :)
  • alybran
    Options
    Lunch: Leftover fajita from last night
    Afternoon snack: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup apple almond honey vanilla (also my pre-run)
    Post-run: Bio Trust protein shake (low-carb)
    Dinner: Baked brie in pastry from Aldi with salad
    Dessert: Creme brulee (The first time I've made it, I bought ramekins and everything)

With my run, as long as I follow exactly what I have planned, I should still have a deficit today.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Flexitarian here as well, but really trying to cut back how much meat I eat on a daily basis.

Breakfast: Vanilla greek yogurt with peach jam and diced peaches
    Lunch: Not sure yet, most likely something with eggs. Maybe hash with roasted leftover brussel sprouts mixed in.
    Afternoon snack: (if needed) Almonds
    Dinner: Chicken and orzo soup (I am increasing the vegetables in this and decreasing the amount of chicken used)
    After dinner snack: Chocolate milk and (if needed) cheez-its.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    I started eating late today so a lot of my 'snacks' got smooshed into my meals.

Breakfast: a&c porridge made with hazelnut milk, liberté honey yoghurt and vanilla latte.
    Lunch: wholemeal tortilla wrap with round lettuce and a tuna filler, 'New York Deli' flavour whatever that means. It tasted kind of lemon-y, kind of mustard-y and there was sweetcorn. The last of my Doisy and Dam chocolate and a small bag of pistachios. And a vanilla latte.
    Dinner: Same as yesterday; burrito, couscous and veg. Maybe a can of Irn Bru.
    Pre-training: Nutrigrain soft bake in raisin flavour.
    Post-training: Fulfil nutrition peanut and caramel bar and a serving of chocolate low carb/low sugar casein (slow acting) protein with water.

Considering a serving of apple pie popcorn but it might throw out my macro percentages too much. Plus I don't get home until 10pm and eating more than my protein shake will just wake me up.
  • shelbypx92
    shelbypx92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For dinner last night I made the Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Orzo Salad from the following link: http://cookieandkate.com/2015/roasted-eggplant-tomato-orzo-pasta-recipe/

I added quinoa for protein and traded out the parsley for spinach! It turned out super good and I had extra quinoa to throw in my veggie wrap at lunch today.

I got the munchies about an hour after lunch today, so I also toasted two slices of Ezekiel Sprouted Flax bread and then slathered them with approx. 2 tbsp of Pb2 (if you love peanut butter like I do, you need this in your life!!), one sliced banana, and 2 tsp of chia seeds. This is my fav low-fat, no added sugar snack!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Banana

Lunch- Art Vandalay Jr. Burrito from Moe's. With a flour tortilla, rice, black beans , veggies and guacamole it totaled 404 calories. Not too bad.

Dinner- Its my wedding anniversary! Will be going out for either Indian or Japanese (our local restaurant makes really creative vegetarian rolls). If we go for Japanese I should be able to keep at a deficit If it"s Indian I'm sure I will go over.
  • alybran
    Options
    jfp420 wrote: »
    Breakfast - Banana

Lunch- Art Vandalay Jr. Burrito from Moe's. With a flour tortilla, rice, black beans , veggies and guacamole it totaled 404 calories. Not too bad.

Dinner- Its my wedding anniversary! Will be going out for either Indian or Japanese (our local restaurant makes really creative vegetarian rolls). If we go for Japanese I should be able to keep at a deficit If it"s Indian I'm sure I will go over.

Happy Anniversary! :)
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    I did not get a chance to write what I ate yesterday, so I am writing it today.

Breakfast was an apple with a 1/4 cup oatmeal.

Lunch was 8 cups of tossed salad with a can of soup.

Supper was out at Han Dynasty, and we had a big birthday bash. I had Dan Dan noodles, cold sesame noodles, spring roll, rice, and mixed vegetable in garlic sauce.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! How was it? Tell us what you ate, was it good?

I was so happy to have a light training day today - the guys at the dojo are fighting on Sunday and I'm not about getting the seven bells knocked out of me while they prepare - and I had my veggie day all planned out until I realised I didn't have any of my cheese. D: Corned beef was the best I had and no time to run to the shop. Fail. (My mum likes it so I keep some for her). Tomorrow. A light 5k. Maybe some veggie curry or risotto.

Breakfast: a&c porridge with hazelnut milk and a vanilla latte.
    Lunch: Wholemeal granary loaf, two sliced, slice of corned beef, Muller vanilla yoghurt with dark chocolate sprinkles and a vanilla latte.
    Post-workout: Bulk Powders chocolate casein protein 45g (1.5 scoops), water and ice.
    Dinner: Amy's Kitchen mac and cheese and two servings of pre-bagged veggies (sweetcorn, carrots and broccoli).
    After dinner: Another protein powder shake. 1.5 scoops/water/ice. Depending on how I feel after my workout I might have some dark chocolate with orange and almond pieces. Maybe some apple pie popcorn too. See how dem macros turn out.
  • alybran
    Options
    Breakfast: Honeycrisp apple with peanut butter
    Lunch: Baked brie in pastry + 2 hardboiled eggs w/ pink himalayan salt
    Afternoon snack: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup apple almond honey vanilla
    Dinner: Black bean, avocado & cheese quesadilla w/ lite sour cream & salsa
    Dessert: 1/2 Creme brulee

Not gonna lie, the creme brulee is good. But it's SO sugary. Next time I make it I'll have to cut down the sugar, maybe replace some of it with Truvia.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Vanilla greek yogurt with blueberry jam and blueberries
    Lunch: Chicken and orzo soup, biscuit, and baby carrots/sliced bell pepper with ranch
    Afternoon snack: Honey roasted almonds
    Dinner: More soup and a biscuit
    Dessert: Chocolate milk
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    No breakfast today- no desire to eat with my sinus headache.
    Lunch- 6" Subway Veggie Delight
    Dinner - Not sure. Still not feeling very hungry. I'll see what my family is in the mood for and work around that.

I'm looking forward to shopping tomorrow and start working through all of the recipes that I saved to Pinterest.