What did you eat today???

Options

Replies

• purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    jfp420 wrote: »
    No breakfast today- no desire to eat with my sinus headache.
    Lunch- 6" Subway Veggie Delight
    Dinner - Not sure. Still not feeling very hungry. I'll see what my family is in the mood for and work around that.

I'm looking forward to shopping tomorrow and start working through all of the recipes that I saved to Pinterest.

:( I sure hope you are feeling better now.

What kinds of recipes did you find? I'm trying to create a shopping list for tomorrow, and I've been looking through recipes, but I'll tell you I am feeling stumped.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have so many recipes saved! You can follow me if you like. It's under Jodie Parente. This week I think that I am going to try Vegan Picadillo, Cauliflower Alfredo sauce, a soup and a curry. I would like to also try some mason jar salads.
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    I have so many recipes saved! You can follow me if you like. It's under Jodie Parente. This week I think that I am going to try Vegan Picadillo, Cauliflower Alfredo sauce, a soup and a curry. I would like to also try some mason jar salads.

I'll look for you! Thanks!!!!

• purebredpolly
    Options
    Breakfast- two 8 grain waffles and strawberry jam

Lunch- a cheese, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and pickled onion sandwich on 21 grain bread, and an organic lemonade my husband brought me back from the local health food store.

Snack- half an Amy's apple pie.

Supper- An Italian "chicken" cutlet I made from white beans, gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce, and an entire can of string beans.

zj3njgk3hwxy.jpg
  • jfp420
    Options
    Breakfast- two 8 grain waffles and strawberry jam

Lunch- a cheese, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and pickled onion sandwich on 21 grain bread, and an organic lemonade my husband brought me back from the local health food store.

Snack- half an Amy's apple pie.

Supper- An Italian "chicken" cutlet I made from white beans, gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce, and an entire can of string beans.

zj3njgk3hwxy.jpg

Looks yummy!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Lemonade! I have a couple of bottles of completely natural Fentiman's Rose Lemonade in my fridge but I'm saving them. I had originally bought them for Easter and didn't get around to drinking them and they're too nice for regular everyday drinking.

I tried brie the other day and it was nice! I didn't really eat enough of it to know whether my IBS would stage a protest (results inconclusive because of my period) but I'm hopeful. If not, I'll just eat small amounts of it on a crispbread.

Curried potatoes are pretty much my favourite vegetarian dish, I could eat them all day everyday.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So far today I've had a brownie and two squares of raw chocolate ;)
  • glassofroses
    Options
    I had a square of my favourite dark chocolate with orange pieces and almonds while I was making dinner. It's quite funny because I was hungry and since that realisation I have shoved a small crustless quiche, two portions of veg, chocolate, a ricecake and a 1.5 scoop of protein powder shake and a cup of rose lemonade tea (Taylor's brand, so darn good) into my body. Definitely not hungry now! Just gotta get working on my water now. Been slacking as I woke up late today.

Breakfast was the usual; porridge, latte, water. Lunch was a sandwich, with not sausage sausage and a caramel with dark chocolate sprinkles yoghurt, tasty but very sweet, and then I had a protein shake and a dark chocolate with orange rice cake before my piggy sesh just now. Oh and sugar free lemon and lime water (1.5l). I walked to the shop and treated myself while I was buying more steam bag veg.

Planning on having my first meat dinner in a week tomorrow but I'll probably bury it in veg. I'm out for lunch so I'll see what I can grab. Read: sushi. :smiley:
  • amybuckle1
    amybuckle1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - healthy living apple and strawberry bar
    Lunch - Leek and potato healthy cuppa soup, melon and raspberries,
    Dinner- Jacket potato, fat free cottage cheese, vegetable savoury rice and side salad
    Toffee Muller light yoghurt!

Need some more low carb veggie recipes!!! :smile:
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal with cranberries and almonds
    Lunch: the crusts of my daughter's PB sandwich and we shared a tropical smoothie
    Dinner: I made tacos with lentil "meat" so delicious. Topped with guacamole, cheese, greens, and plain Greek yogurt.
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Breakfast- 2 8 grain Van's high fiber waffles with strawberry jam & organic PB

Lunch- A grilled cheese with tomato, and a small fry

Supper- an entire bag crunch pack bag of peeled apple slices

Snack- a cup of sugar free hot cocoa
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Not really hungry today as I'm in a lot of tummy pain but I've already got my day planned whether I like it or not.

Breakfast is the same as always, a&c porridge, but today I used vanilla almond milk over hazelnut milk -- I have a stash of nut milks and I go by sell by dates as to what I open next. It was pretty sweet after the hazelnut milk which is sweeter than regular almond milk so I felt kind of high on sugar. Today was my last latte for awhile. I did an experiment and it's what's bloating me and making my tummy hurt. I'll go caffeine free for a couple of weeks and reintroduce it as a sporadic thing.

Lunch was an orange vanilla yoghurt with dark chocolate sprinkles and a granary loaf - seriously the best most interesting wholegrain/meal bread there is - with my sausage not sausage filling. Protein shake afterwards with a dark chocolate orange covered rice cake.

Dinner I'm making my own pizza with a tortilla wrap. Might make it vegan, might not. Will probably have sweetcorn and peppers on it. Will have another protein shake and rice cake after and a square of dark chocolate with orange and almond pieces while I cook. Can you tell I like chocolate and orange? Funny because I don't like oranges or orange juice.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Tummy is not happy today and I'm exhausted (had to work a late event last night and still slept horribly). Today I am starting to work on my meal plan for the 2 weeks starting 4/30 and NOTHING is sounding good. Even looking at recipes is like UGH. So taking it easy today.

Breakfast: Cup of hot chocolate
    Lunch: Some leftovers from the event last night, chinese food of some sort
    Dinner: Vegetable Lo Mein (Broccoli, bell pepper, and green onion for sure... I think I have some cabbage too)
    Dessert: Chocolate milk
  • alybran
    alybran Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was mostly snacking. Had oatmeal to fuel my 5K and then had a pile of their food (half banana, half muffin, bagel with harvest veggie spread). Dinner was wild rice soup, one of my faves. In between and after I just snacked a lot lol oops.

Today I had an omelette. Made it with a bit of cheese, tomato, and used up some of my Morning Star bacon and sausage links. Shared it with Cristian (my bf). God only knows what else I'll eat today. Cristian is heading back to Ecuador on Tuesday so I don't have much planned for food. I'll just have to do my best with logging.
  • jfp420
    Options
    Breakfast- Toast made with Ezekiel bread and Earth Balance spread
    Lunch- Amy's Frozen Dinner
    Dinner - Not sure yet.....
  • jfp420
    Options
    I've been craving comfort foods this week (for me that is warm, fatty foods) instead of fruit and greens. Hopefully that turns around soon !
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    I've been craving comfort foods this week (for me that is warm, fatty foods) instead of fruit and greens. Hopefully that turns around soon !

And I have been the opposite! LMAO. Not wanting to eat anything too heavy, but already have everything planned for this week so it is what it is. The next 2 weeks I am going light and easy on the tummy as much as possible.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »

And I have been the opposite! LMAO. Not wanting to eat anything too heavy, but already have everything planned for this week so it is what it is. The next 2 weeks I am going light and easy on the tummy as much as possible.

And I round out the trifecta because I just want to eat! GIMME ALL THE FOOD. :lol:
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I skipped breakfast before church today because we were running late. Big mistake, because I ended up getting a flat tire on the way. Thankfully there was a pho place across the street from the tire shop- everything else was fast food, no veg options in sight- I got a tofu spring roll and a vegetarian pho bowl (they even had a veggie broth!) it was really yummy and filling.
  • shelbypx92
    shelbypx92 Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yesterday ---
    - Breakfast: PB2 peanut butter, sliced banana, and chia seeds on 2 slices of toasted Ezekiel Sprouted Flax bread.
    - Lunch: 6" Veggie Delite sub on white w/ no cheese. I also had about half a bag of Lay's potato chips (guilty).
    - Snack: My husband and I experimented with Minimalist Baker's "Vegan Cheddar & Chive Biscuits" which were super good but also pretty indulgent for just two.
    - Dinner: Baked falafel with cucumber salad and vegan tzatziki.

Today I'm eating the same breakfast, leftover falafel for lunch, and attempting to make Beet & Quinoa burgers for dinner :)