Scale Victories

Replies

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    I forgot to weigh this morning, but on Friday I was at 249.6!

I had a high sodium day yesterday so I bet if I had weighed this morning water weight would have me back over, but I don't care at all. I did it!
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    I am officially 20 pounds less than where I started =) 228.2 to 208. Getting so close to the 100's that I can *feel* it.

On a weirder side note: One of the things I hated the most were my thighs. I used to poke and pinch my inner thighs allll the time. My thighs are still huge, but there is a NOTICABLE difference in how much fat is just chillin' in my inner thighs. And I don't stare at my back much, so imagine my surprise when I saw it in the mirror and noticed how much more smooth it was from what I remember! Also I've noticed a big difference in the size of my butt, and how far it goes up my back. (My extra fat make makes my butt look "taller" lol.) It's a shame I didn't take any progress photos at my max weight. I just took my first ones at 209 in my undergarments and that was a strange experience. Can't "weight" to be able to see how I look in the next 20 pounds! (Bad pun sorry)
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I forgot to weigh this morning, but on Friday I was at 249.6!

I had a high sodium day yesterday so I bet if I had weighed this morning water weight would have me back over, but I don't care at all. I did it!

I do the same thing, if I hit a good weight earlier in the week I still log it, like I'm claiming territory. Today is my normal weigh day but I posted yesterday because the numbers were so good. I'm up a couple pounds today from those salty sunflower seeds.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Today I completed a 4 wk Kickstarter Dietbet challenge. I made goal but don't think I'll make it a habit, the loss goal is aggressive.
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    rfrieman wrote: »
    Today was our final weigh in for our Biggest Loser competition at my job. This was a 12 week challenge and even though my team did not win, we lost 71 lbs as a team and 35 of those pounds were lost by me. So proud of my team. The team that won has been a roller coaster on their weight loss all 12 weeks. But they had a strategy to not eat and go to the sauna the last week and they passed us on the percentage lost chart. We did it the right way to lose and get healthy. I don't like being a sore loser so I will congratulate them with a smile knowing that my weight will stay off because it was lost the right way!! lol. No hard feelings here :)

Now that the challenge at work is over I am more determined to stay on course and continue this journey. I know I can do this!! Good luck everyone on your own personal journeys.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Great job!! We did the same here at work, only as individuals, for 9 weeks. Everyone choose different ways to loose - one went no carb, one fasting and me on MFP logging and changing my habits. It's been three weeks since the challenge ended (BTW - I won!!) and I am still the only one down in weight. The Carb guy put about 1/2 his weight back on and the faster is up almost 8 lbs. I am even more convinced that going the healthy route is the way to do it.
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Doing low carb or fasting doesn't mean it's NOT the "healthy route".........
  • kimbermak
    anna4anna wrote: »

I didn't mean that fasting and Low Carb in general weren't healthy, but for them it was just a way to try to win a competition, not a habit changing effort to become healthier and keep the weight off. BIG DIFFERENCE!
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    kimbermak wrote: »
    anna4anna wrote: »

I didn't mean that fasting and Low Carb in general weren't healthy, but for them it was just a way to try to win a competition, not a habit changing effort to become healthier and keep the weight off. BIG DIFFERENCE!

That speaks more of them than it does for the nutrition plan they chose.

• kevin_montgomery
    kevin_montgomery Posts: 20 Member
    I just started this 18 days ago. Been doing CICO and set a 10k step goal for myself. I have lost 12lbs. I know some of that is water, but just seeing my work pay off has boosted my motivation. Only 88lbs to go!
  • kimbermak
    I am down 3.4 Lbs this week after 3 weeks with 0 loss/gain.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited April 2017
    I was thrilled this morning to see 325 lbs show up on my scale - I've been really struggling lately with a low mood and it was translating into a struggle to keep going on the diet, so seeing that number was an uplifter I was desperately needing! I'm just 0.2 lbs shy of having 50 lbs off - that's 1/4 of the way toward my dream weight, and 2/3's of the way to my first major goal of 300 lbs.

for some reason, though I've been losing steadily since January, it wasn't really registering to me until this morning - something about that number clicked, so I'm very happy!

And congratulations, ayane! You should be very proud of yourself - that's a great job! I know that when (and I firmly tell myself that it's "when" not "if") I dip down into the 200's again, I'm going to be estatic :smile:

And congrats to Kimber, too - I've been struggling with that scale myself, so I know what a relief it is when it finally comes down.

And congrats to MissSass, too - yep; steady progress is still progress - it's not really a race; everyone who crosses the finish line is a winner; it doesn't matter if you get there sooner or later, as long as you get there!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    congratulations, anna! onederland is quite a way aways for me; I'm still looking for twoferland lol But I remember how excited I was when I got below 300 a couple of years ago, and know I'll be just as excited this time - and hopefully, this time, I'll keep it off! But I can relate, so I know you must be absolutely ecstatic!