Non-Scale Victories!

whatlunasaid
whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
Hello :) I thought we could share some positivity by talking about our NSVs. They can be recent or in the distant past, as long as they are happy!

A recent one for me was putting on an old pair of shorts that were too tight even when I bought them. They were a little loose! I almost always feel too self conscious to wear shorts, but was confident enough to go out in them. My boyfriend approved, haha.

Replies

• whatlunasaid
    Milliepet wrote: »
    I absolutely am excited when I am able to get into smaller clothes!! More so when my hubby makes a compliment & flirts with me like saying "you know, you're one hot woman' lol

Yesss! I think they can tell when we've had a confidence boost and they want to keep it rolling. :D
  • whatlunasaid
    I went and trained at a different boxing gym and didn't mortify myself. I was terrified they'd take one look at me and think oh god she's...terrible. What has she been doing for the last 21 months? But I made it.
    That's so cool! I'm terrified of embarrassing myself doing exercise that isn't my usual cardio + very basic strength training, so I admire people who face that fear and do it anyway. :)
    I hadn't been clothes shopping since before I started losing weight (8 months ago). I bought one size smaller than I used to thinking they might still be too small but turns out I could have gone even one size smaller! Down two pants sizes!
    It's a great feeling, isn't it?? Congratulations!
  • whatlunasaid
    I completed one of the Fitnessblender's 1000 calorie workouts last week... I didn't burn 1000 calories due to my small size, but it was very satisfying to endure a 78 minute intense workout.
    Wow! I bet the endorphin high was awesome.
    I can wear kiddie workout clothes - size large - not even exta large !!!
    Hahaha, sounds like a good way to save money! :D
  • veronikamellon
    veronikamellon Posts: 42 Member
    @whatlunasaid yes it felt awesome. I HAD to eat something after it though
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    I went and trained at a different boxing gym and didn't mortify myself. I was terrified they'd take one look at me and think oh god she's...terrible. What has she been doing for the last 21 months? But I made it.
    That's so cool! I'm terrified of embarrassing myself doing exercise that isn't my usual cardio + very basic strength training, so I admire people who face that fear and do it anyway. :)

Thanks, hon! I'm more of a throw myself in the deep end and hope I don't drown kind of girl. Otherwise I won't get off the diving board. Honestly, if I had thought of what I was doing when I signed up to my first kickboxing class (almost 2 years ago now!!!) I probably never would have gone, but now I love it so much and it teaches me something new every time. The thing is, 99.9% of people are really great and willing to help if you want to learn. The 0.1% that are dicks will always be dicks regardless of what you do. I'm actually slowly moving into strength training myself because I'm basically a wet noodle. I went to a few Bootcamp classes last week to get a feel for it and I was scared, definitely wasn't expecting the treadmill that I had never been on in my life, I seriously thought I was going to fall over and break all my teeth. But I got there, I worked the weights that worked for me, 2.5kg dumbbell the first class, 5kg every class after, was cheeky and got away with an 8kg kettlebell for swings when I know I can do at least 12kg. But I was like 'screw anyone else who tries to push me before I'm ready'. Fitness is about you and if something looks fun then try it, for you. Maybe that could be your next NSV. 'Tried X class'. :smiley:
  • whatlunasaid
    @glassofroses haha nice. I definitely relate to not letting anyone rush you. It just makes things unnecessarily stressful.
    I lost most of my weight through nutrition as I was injured through the initial phase of my weight loss. To date I've lost 22 kgs (and counting) through whole foods plant based eating.

Now that I've started exercising again I've noticed my recovery time is so much better! I used to exercise and go to the gym and be sore for almost a week after. Now the next day I might have a bit of that "good soreness" after working hard, but I am able to recover after a high intensity work out and do something of similar intensity the following day. Plus my knees don't hurt half as much during a workout. It feels great!
    Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss and especially on your fitness! Minus the injury we could be twins. For me it was constant migraines that kept me from working out. After I'd been eating WFPB for a while and I lost a bit of weight, the pain became more manageable and I had less fatigue. I'm not eating WFPB very strictly anymore, but I definitely took a lot of knowledge with me about how my body handles food. It's helped so much with pain management and energy. It's amazing how quickly we recover with the right fuel.

Anyone here should feel free to friend me, btw. I love to read about people's progress.
  • 2busy4health
    2busy4health Posts: 20 Member
    Barelmy wrote: »
    I'm keeping to a daily schedule which helps me handle my ADD, get my daily revision and daily steps done, and stick to my meal plan. :) I'm also giving myself weekly mani/pedis so I can do something beauty but not weight based. :)

I think it's so important to switch our rewards from being food based. A mani/pedi is a great idea. I love massages and do that sometimes too if i go a certain amount of days sticking to the diary. :)
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Congratulations @whatlunasaid it feels great when you manage to break those bad habits :)

Mine is that we got new company shirts for work a little over a month ago and mine is already a little big. I'm about to order some more and will order another size down.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I completed one of the Fitnessblender's 1000 calorie workouts last week... I didn't burn 1000 calories due to my small size, but it was very satisfying to endure a 78 minute intense workout.

Oh I have done one of these, it was hard but good ! I felt so happy with myself afterwards for sticking it out.

Well done to you !
  • whatlunasaid
    @glassofroses if i may ask, do you give blood to the red cross or through another org? I haven't donated in a while (piercings), and i moved so i cant give to the same bank i used to! Wondering your opinion. :)