u6Amcqq.jpg

This self professed morbidly obese guy is an expert

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Wow, I'm so happy he set us straight. :D
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Me too! Oh my god... I have to go run and get a lasagna now before my body gives out :D
  • hmikkola92
    The difference being we are all repairing our engines, he is just revving his over and over. Our engines will last much longer.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Oh I agree. And the way he's going, he's going to hit a tree, before he even stalls....
  • hmikkola92
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    yeah, right... so much bro-science in those quotes...

Our distant ancestors died young from diseases, infections, and other natural causes (like being killed by the animals they were trying to hunt). The single greatest boost to longevity in the human species has not been diet - it has been the massive advances that have been made in the medical sciences fields.

Carbs as a fuel source - yes they are, fact is they are not the only fuel source and ketones replace them quite efficiently (and actually occur even in non-LCHF individuals) during periods of fasting - like when we sleep. As to the full capacity argument, the body will convert ketones to glucose as needed to fuel those processes that actually depend on glucose.

His final quote is also completely wrong - the scientific definition of a carb is something that breaks down into sugars and all fuel from carbs come from the body breaking them down into glucose and then transporting the glucose to the cells to be used as - you guessed it - fuel!

We have real science on our side and all he has are his 'bros'. Not to be excessively mean but we can all laugh when we outlast him!

Thank you for the explanation.. I'm not exactly well versed in this WOE and how our bodies work, but I was basically thinking, you're telling me that eating meat and veggies is unhealthy? Seriously? And earlier on he said sodium is the culprit for health issues. I can't even keep conversing with this dude.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    He's at least 10 years behind schedule....
  • hmikkola92
    Guys... Lchf is the same as eating tree bark. I'm going to save so much money!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    It isn't worth arguing with some people. I have been doing this long enough and have improved my health to the point that I have a hard time finding anyone my age who is in better shape than me - except my stupid BG insists on staying just in the pre-diabetes range. However, I can't see anyone with a straight face telling me the answer to that is more carbs unless they are mentally, uh, challenged?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Tree bark rice, fried tree bark, tree bark BPC, Fathead tree bark pizza, 90-second tree bark bread.... The possibilities are endless!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Tree bark rice, fried tree bark, tree bark BPC, Fathead tree bark pizza, 90-second tree bark bread.... The possibilities are endless!

Before you knock the tree bark, take a look at some of the "low carb" options out there and you will see the generic term "cellulose" which, for all we know, could be tree bark. Cellulose could be from any plant source including saw dust or tree bark for all we know.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    umm by his profile picture he seems to know about carbs!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    cstehansen wrote: »

Before you knock the tree bark, take a look at some of the "low carb" options out there and you will see the generic term "cellulose" which, for all we know, could be tree bark. Cellulose could be from any plant source including saw dust or tree bark for all we know.

Oh I'm not knocking tree bark at all! In fact, Aspirin is made from the bark of the willow tree! It has much going for it - more, evidently, than our 'learned friend' above, believes!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    I hang out in this group and some other keto/lchf communities because I just don't want to listen to anymore 'bro science.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    edited April 2017
    our ancestors did only live 30-40 years, didnt have access to medical care we do now, a paper cut could lead to death from infection (ok I know they didnt have paper back then - just making a point). Also they used to use leaches to heal some disease. Wow I am shocked and amused by those statements.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    johnnylew wrote: »
    our ancestors did only live 30-40 years, didnt have access to medical care we do now, a paper cut could lead to death from infection (ok I know they didnt have paper back then - just making a point). Also they used to use leaches to heal some disease. Wow I am shocked and amused by those statements.

...Have you ever had a grass cut - ? Man, they smart! Trying to tear up a stubborn stem of grass that simply wouldn't succumb to the lawn mower and zap! Nasty cut on the forefinger! what a shock that was!

(Leeches are still used today, and are actually available via our National Health Service....!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    johnnylew wrote: »

...Have you ever had a grass cut - ? Man, they smart! Trying to tear up a stubborn stem of grass that simply wouldn't succumb to the lawn mower and zap! Nasty cut on the forefinger! what a shock that was!

(Leeches are still used today, and are actually available via our National Health Service....!

Leeches are still used! OMG ... that is amazing, bet they are high in protein. Would fit a LCHF diet.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Once they've had a meal, they could double as a Blue steak.... ;)