Non-Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    @glassofroses if i may ask, do you give blood to the red cross or through another org? I haven't donated in a while (piercings), and i moved so i cant give to the same bank i used to! Wondering your opinion. :)

I give through blood.co.uk/NHS so it doesn't matter where you've moved to, you just look up a place to donate, book, and give blood. Piercings are usually dependent on where they are. Ears, you can donate after 4 months but a body piercing is generally one year but you should be able to call your organisation and ask them their policy (the same about donating somewhere else). Anything else? :smile:
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Love that you have this as a thread. It's so important to not be blinded by that number on the scales, and quite refreshing to see that other people see that too. On the main boards weight seems to be the main goal for most, despite all the exercise.
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @rianneonamission I'm glad so many people have shared here. NSVs are so important.

@DDBooBoo57 That's amazing!
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @glassofroses thanks so much for the info! :)
  • bowsontoes
    bowsontoes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am nearly done with 3 months of [solidcore] (like lagree/megaformer but with higher resistance), and I feel like my muscle definition is as good as when I was a 16 year old doing ballet for 30hrs/week (granted my diet then was different too). Other benefits include falling asleep almost instantly now and feeling much less anxious about things.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My victory .. my coworker asked what I am eating and wants to know everything so she can do the same.
    I am now down 2 shirt sizes and from size 10 pants to 6-7
  • glassofroses
    Options
    It was small but I FOUND THE LINE OF MY TRICEP DEFINITION WHEN I TURNED MY ARM.

My arms are the hardest place for me to build muscle/define what I have, #talllongpersonproblems, so to find that made my night.

Keep 'em coming, guys.

@MeredithDeVoe1, that's a lot of stuff to be proud of! Congratulations! :heart:
  • MeredithDeVoe1
    MeredithDeVoe1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, like bowsontoes said: better sleep! I've about forgotten insomnia!!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My skin is clearer.

I wore my smaller jeans today. A nice small number too! It's a brand that runs large but I don't care, it feels great.

I think I'm just happier since figuring out how I have to eat to lose weight. I am just flowing with the process now.

• glassofroses
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I put on some Ivy Park workout clothes I bought in the Topshop Black Friday sale last year and I don't feel like a stuffed sausage skin. I mean they fit when I bought them but I got this black compression vest with built in bra that was like whoa boy. Now I have breathing room.

I also bought 3(!) sports bras from Victoria Secret in the last two weeks (one which was a bargain £8 in the sale jsyk). Also a couple of Adidas TechFit sports bras in the cutest colours. For the longest time I was a weird size with sports bras where a medium fit my bust but was too loose on the underbust where the support was supposed to be. So I could only buy banded Shock Absorber bras because not a lot of places do a 30'' band with a larger cup size. But I've been working really hard on recomp and now we're in business for those cute smalls! It's a lot cheaper too. :smiley:
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I put on some Ivy Park workout clothes I bought in the Topshop Black Friday sale last year and I don't feel like a stuffed sausage skin. I mean they fit when I bought them but I got this black compression vest with built in bra that was like whoa boy. Now I have breathing room.

I also bought 3(!) sports bras from Victoria Secret in the last two weeks (one which was a bargain £8 in the sale jsyk). Also a couple of Adidas TechFit sports bras in the cutest colours. For the longest time I was a weird size with sports bras where a medium fit my bust but was too loose on the underbust where the support was supposed to be. So I could only buy banded Shock Absorber bras because not a lot of places do a 30'' band with a larger cup size. But I've been working really hard on recomp and now we're in business for those cute smalls! It's a lot cheaper too. :smiley:

I love the Adidas-Techfit bras. Like you, I was certain that only bras with an adjustable back would work for me and was spending a lot of money on sports bras. But I bought one of the Adidas bras on sale and found that it was so comfy and supportive. I now have them in a variety of colours.
  • glassofroses
    edited June 2017
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »

I love the Adidas-Techfit bras. Like you, I was certain that only bras with an adjustable back would work for me and was spending a lot of money on sports bras. But I bought one of the Adidas bras on sale and found that it was so comfy and supportive. I now have them in a variety of colours.

Adidas has such good sales. I got both of mine for 50% off which is partly why I wanted to try them. I had only tried their Supernova sports bras before, one of which was a small that fit me around my underbust but the bust itself was much too small. Now it's just right, so I figured why not branch out. It just makes life so much easier to have 7-8 sports bras to choose from for training rather than two and one of which is always in the wash.

I still prefer Nike from the waist down though. :wink: