Motivated May 2017: Week 1 (5/1-5/7)

Options

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've been really resettling into low(er) carb way of living. its coming pretty naturally to me and eating out and preplanning are becoming easier. I'm becoming fitter and stronger through regular exercise, but not dropping any weight, so this week I'm going to have zero sugar/ fake sugar products, and no alcohol and see if I can convince my body to drop some weight (or lose some inches! either or)
    I am also aiming to drink enough water and make it to bed on time each day this week
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Goals:
    1. Walk at least 20 minutes a day (work walking doesn't count).
    2. Lift weights 3x a week. Physical therapist put the kabosh on deadlifts or rows for now due to recent hand surgery, but I can start my squats and bench press and overhead press since the bar rests more in my palm instead of pulling on my fingers. Hopefully in a couple weeks I can start deadlifts and rows.
    3. Maintain excellent eating habits. I've only had a couple bobbles, so I want to keep up with meeting macro goals and staying on track.
    4. (non health related) Do at least 20 minutes a day of Rosetta Stone to learn Italian.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I would like to be able to do 6 regular push-ups and 1 chin-up. I'll attempt to reach that goal by working on those a few minutes each day.
    I also want to incorporate some yoga into my exercise routine, so my goal with that is a half hour session at least 3 times a week.

ETA: Managed to do 6 knee push-ups. Tried a regular one and couldn't even lower myself to the floor without collapsing. For the chin-up I got my feet maybe 2 inches off the floor. Oh well, it's a start. :)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Mastering Mellitus

log91v33irho.jpg

Breakfast Lunch Dinner Bed
    5/1-101 -111 - 99 - 111

>:) or o:)
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I ended up scarfing a bowl of strawberries last night...so my carbs were a bit higher at 27 net. By my breath this morning, I don't think the extra seven carbs did anything. Good morning!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I did ten push ups today..on my kitchen sink. I do believe I'll do two more after this!

It was a nice day. :)

Lori, my new trainer at the gym said that doing incline push ups is a great way to get started and be sure your form is right. Keep using that sink!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    5/1 Check In

Get to the gym 2x/week
    Hike 1x/week
    30 carbs net/day - 53
    <1500 cals/day - :)
    No alcohol - :)

Daily I need to:
    Log - :)
    Drink water
    Brush my teeth immediately after dinner so I don't snack :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    For this challenge I am going to focus on moving! Coming out of hibernating all winter I find myself looking like a couch potato. Hard habit to get out of!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    For some reason I woke up 20 minutes before the alarm went off and felt the need to exercise so I started a Leslie Sansone one mile walk. I'm thinking there is something to this magnesium jazz. You Tube glitched on me 2/3 of the way in and stopped the workout so I kept walking in place until I switched to my playlist. Her routines are pretty easy to do on your own.

So as of right now I've got one mile in, a little under 300 steps to reach mile 2, and 5 push ups.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @baconslave I got one of those pull-up assist band contraptions and I'm still too weak to get a 100% pull up. I can get a couple chin ups with it so I guess I'll work from there. Sadly I'm short and still can't do it. I'm pear shaped so I carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs/butt. My upper body is so very weak. lol

5/1/17

1. Home overhaul...I did a few small chores and packed some clothes up for Goodwill. Lots more to do there over the next month.

2. Hammer & Chisel Power Chisel.

3. Continued weight maintenance...yep.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @anglyn1 where did you get one of those pull up assist band contraptions? Does it work on home equipment? I would really love to be able to do pull-ups on my pull-up bar but negatives are difficult for me to do.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6D29B8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@fanncy0626 I ordered the above from Amazon. I use it with my over the door pull up bar thingy. I think it will help me for sure!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @anglyn1 thanks for the link! I had no idea that they sold something like that that I could use here at home! I am so glad that I saw your post this morning. I am definitely going to get one of those!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @baconslave I got one of those pull-up assist band contraptions and I'm still too weak to get a 100% pull up. I can get a couple chin ups with it so I guess I'll work from there. Sadly I'm short and still can't do it. I'm pear shaped so I carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs/butt. My upper body is so very weak. lol

5/1/17

1. Home overhaul...I did a few small chores and packed some clothes up for Goodwill. Lots more to do there over the next month.

2. Hammer & Chisel Power Chisel.

3. Continued weight maintenance...yep.

I have a band. I just haven't had the guts to use it yet.

5/1: HASfti Foundation May 1 workout for the kids' gym class. Added 8min Express from Jessica Smith as a burnout for myself
    5/2: HIIT It Hard and 150-cal Cardio FAt Blast. 41 min o' HIIT. Both Jessica Smith
    And 5 push-ups, chest to the floor.
  • Zugirl28
    Zugirl28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting the month off with the 21 Day Sugar Detox challenge to get me back into low carb eating.

Going to the fitness center 3 times a week for 20 min on the recumbent stepper and 30 min swimming. On my off days, I will work up to 30 min per day on my airdyne (even tho the seat is so uncomfortable).

I want to continue my weightloss and be down 22 more poinds by July 1st!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    5/1/17 - walked, stayed on WOE plan, did Rosetta Stone
    5/2/17 - walked, stayed on WOE plan, getting ready to do Rosetta Stone

NEED to lift tomorrow if I'm going to fit in 3 this week. Not like it'll be hard or time consuming - recovering from hand surgery so my physical therapist limited me to squats, bench, and overhead press. And since I'm starting from ground zero, will be just the oly bar, and probably only 5 reps of each to get back into the groove.
  • ggoss10
    ggoss10 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Started Keto yesterday, so hoping to keep that up (even though I'm going out of town this weekend!)

Hoping to start walking at least 5 times a week, and hitting the gym for weights/classes 3x.

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got my workout done in the morning and stayed on plan with my eating.
    Allergies kept me up late so I slept in this morning. Packed my gym bag for after work. 4:55 p.m. my Mom calls and asks me to come over for dinner. I told her I would love to but I have to get in a good walk first. Walked my old neighborhood for 45 minutes, Mom joined me for the first 20, and then enjoyed a nice dinner out. Also on plan. Making conscious food choices really does feel better.
This discussion has been closed.