Options
    186 today.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was off the roof & I don't know why...163 fasting am. Today is back to normal at 105 fasting am.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    117 (6.5) again this morning
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    9.7 (175), but 2 hrs later and a coffee 8.0 (144). I think I'll stop checking as soon as I wake up, and maybe just wait the two hours to check. Less discouraging.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    172....maybe I'll try they too judyvalentine512
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    96 this am
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »
    172....maybe I'll try they too judyvalentine512

Hate to say.. Not checking is not likely to change things....
  • jvcjim
    Options
    116 (6.44)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    235 today, but I'm fighting some kind of illness.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    235 today, but I'm fighting some kind of illness.

I hope you feel better
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Woke up at 3AM sweating like crazy and shaking. Didn't know what that was so I checked my blood sugar and it was 70!! Ate a little bit of apple juice, a small banana and some peanut butter and felt better. Now I'm at ...76. Hmmm...thats not normal for me.... What should I do to bring it up?
  • jvcjim
    edited May 2017
    Options
    eat a normal breakfast... contact your dr if you are nervous, if it becomes routine then you most likely need to have your meds adjusted
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Thanks. It's never happened before. Glad I have my first endo appt on Monday.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    jvcjim wrote: »
    eat a normal breakfast... contact your dr if you are nervous, if it becomes routine then you most likely need to have your meds adjusted

I did (bacon egg cheese tortilla) and it went up to 170 2hours later. .. I had a couple drinks last night which I normally don t and took my Levemir so thinking that had a lot to do with the drastic drop. I am hoping tomorrow will be "normal"
  • jvcjim
    Options
    liquor can cause unusual blood sugar levels... often lows. which is why they tell us not to drink....
  • ConleighS
    Options
    I was never told not to drink because of diabetes. I am not supposed because of my pancreas, which is why i haven't in like 6 months. Since the two are related I should have guessed there would be an issue

Now I know. Learning curve.
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi,

Type 2

I have two lancing kits, one for upstairs - fasting and bedtime, one for downstairs for random tests. I'm waiting on my new lancet to replace my broken one upstairs. The needle cap got lost or thrown out accidentally.I am doing it anyway, and it hurts.

I wanted a new Bluetooth meter but my pharmacist turned me down. The test strips are different and not covered because I already have two kits

Yesterday, I was 133. Before that, I was breaking 100. Two days were 96!!! This current siege included a random reading (after 3 hours with no food) of 517. So, my current readings are not bad at all.

I thought my diabetes was "in remission" until about 5 months ago. There's no such thing; I made that up and wanted it to be true. I changed jobs, and people brought donuts and other goodies every day, and finally it got me. I am also on a beta blocker and developed insulin resistance. I gained weight. I'm really unhappy about all this because I thought the diabetes was "gone" I had been getting into fitness, a Mediterranean diet, and most of that's different since the siege.

It's now hot outside and Ben & Jerry are out of my life. :(

I would like some new friends fighting type 2. My grandfather had it and died in an E.R. mistake before I was born. He was 62. I plan on being here WAY longer.

My logbook is MySugar and I love it. I also enjoy rebounding, as in the video linked here.

https://youtu.be/WUCYhjeVqEQ

Best,
    Robin
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    liquor can cause unusual blood sugar levels... often lows. which is why they tell us not to drink....

Very true with wine/champagne. (Beer acts like a starch, apparently - even near beer.) On New Year's Eve, I have a few sips of champagne and then I take my blood at bedtime and it's suddenly quite low. And just a tiny, tiny bit for ringing in the New Year. I have no idea about hard liquor.

Thanks for the information.

Best,
    Robin

• ConleighS
    Options
    robinmarkz wrote: »

Very true with wine/champagne. (Beer acts like a starch, apparently - even near beer.) On New Year's Eve, I have a few sips of champagne and then I take my blood at bedtime and it's suddenly quite low. And just a tiny, tiny bit for ringing in the New Year. I have no idea about hard liquor.

Thanks for the information.

Best,
    Robin

I was drinking vodka