Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    163 :|
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    122 this am. Yesterday was getting over (being optimistic) a cold. I was surprised at the number this am. I'll check in a couple hours after breakfast.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
  • EdinTx
    EdinTx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    77 this morning. Just had an appt with my endochronologist. 5.5 A1C. In December it was 13.something. Yay progress.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    @edintx that is more than progress that is great!
  • ConleighS
    Options
    EdinTx wrote: »
    77 this morning. Just had an appt with my endochronologist. 5.5 A1C. In December it was 13.something. Yay progress.

That's awesome, how did you do that?
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been missing lately. just wasn't into the whole "oh I have diabetes, I better behave better"
    So, this morning my FBS was 4.4(79) which is way too low for me. So, I had a yogurt, and 15 minutes later it was 6.3(114). Much better.

I've been off the rails with my food for the last couple weeks, and my pancreas is letting me know this morning. I thought it was muscle pain from carrying my bike and then going for a short ride. Nope, definitely paying the price for bad choices.
    So, I'll take it easy today, liquids, tylenol, and resting. I don't want to end up in the hospital again.
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    @edintx Wow! That's fantastic progress. @judyvalentine512 Smart thinking. Don't beat yourself up...we all have bouts with relapses. You can do it. Rest today

After breakfast twom hours later - 94. Happy with that after morning surprise
  • EdinTx
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »

I've been working out about 3-4x a week. I've radically changed my diet and no more mike and Ike's
  • EdinTx
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    106 (5.89)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »

I've been working out about 3-4x a week. I've radically changed my diet and no more mike and Ike's

Any hints what your new diet's like? ;)
  • ConleighS
    Options
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    169 :|

I hate diabetes :s
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    Today was 114...doc appt for cold this am
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    FBS was 7.9 (130). two hours later and a coffee 4.9 (88). I'm still feeling the effects of my binge.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    68 today fasting & 70 at doctor (not really a concern on keto down to about 55 once fat adapted, since very few things using glucose to run, and no symptoms of hypo at all), had my 3 month check up-- a1c is 4.7, hell yeah! Not bad from almost 10 3 months ago ^_^

Doctor was actually supportive which is nice too, said he usually recommends ada diet because its easier to stick to and is a massive improvement over most peoples "normal diet", but finds except for causing excessive constipation in some people keto works really well when people can stick to it. Said whatever I'm doing... keep doing it because it's working.

50 lbs gone, another 70-80 to go. KCKO!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    shadus wrote: »
    68 today fasting & 70 at doctor (not really a concern on keto down to about 55 once fat adapted, since very few things using glucose to run, and no symptoms of hypo at all), had my 3 month check up-- a1c is 4.7, hell yeah! Not bad from almost 10 3 months ago ^_^

Doctor was actually supportive which is nice too, said he usually recommends ada diet because its easier to stick to and is a massive improvement over most peoples "normal diet", but finds except for causing excessive constipation in some people keto works really well when people can stick to it. Said whatever I'm doing... keep doing it because it's working.

50 lbs gone, another 70-80 to go. KCKO!

A1c = 4.7 --> Bravo!

I just loathe that patronizing doctor's mantra, "patients won't do what's best for them, so I'll feed them a plan that will kill them more slowly." :angry:
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lynn. I am a carb-aholic. My fbs for the last month has been incredibly high... around 189. I need to be here, get back into a better diet and loose the weight I have gained in the last 7 months. I am only on metformin 2000mg per day but am wondering if I need more meds at this time. You can throw me a letter with advice if you feel so inclined. Thx.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In regards to meter accuracy-- this test will make most of you slightly ill, and from what I've seen from my own 3 meters, its pretty much true across the board... but +/-10 seems fairly common across all meters... and really that's not nearly accurate enough. I think lack of accurate testing is harming most diabetics an awful lot.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ImmenseDamagedChupacabra.webm

I've done same drop of blood on 3 meters, got 3 different results, pull strips, replace, same drop of blood on all 3 again, not one matched previous results... the one i use now is an accu-check aviva, and it consistently comes up with smaller variability than the other two, but rarely even on same drop of blood same number twice... often +/-5-10 (old two were up to +/-30, which is functionally worthless imo.)