Motivated May 2017: Week 3 (5/15-5/21)

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I just feel...off. I don't know what's wrong. Maybe it's this stupid weather...winter WILL NOT LET GO. let go Winter. Didn't you see the movie? LET IT GO.

I drank more than was strictly necessary this weekend. Lovely champagne brunch, wine with friends whose kids get along smashingly with ours, date night...I think that's contributing to my "offness" too.

same 3 lbs keep showing up on my scale, it's weird so It's water cause one day it's there, next day it's gone. eff you scale. You don't usually mess with my head but this week it's messing with my head.

It's raining. AGAIN. blurg. I'm still going to go for a run. I guess. bah. But 2 weeks in i've hit 15 miles a week so I don't wanna quit now. Even though I kinda wanna quit. Kinda.

*harumph*
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Today's mini-workout: 1 chin up attempt, 1.5 regular pushups, 20 total knee pushups. I feel so lazy lately/tired lately. Going to try to get up early for a run/walk before work. We'll see how that goes.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    Hi and welcome, @trigirl12399. I'm a newbie myself. That's great about your sister's progress, and you guys will be able to support each other, along with all the kind folks on this forum. :smile:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    edited May 2017
    5/16 I weigh lifted in the morning. 4.5 mile walk and push-ups in the afternoon. Kettlebell workout in the evening. Carbs and calories were good!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    alright. 3.5 miles yesterday. Wasn't a bad run either....even if it was wet. I'm working to get over myself. :tongue:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Good Morning.
    Yesterday was a good day. Checked all the boxes. Now if I can just string them together.
    So tired of this Yo-yo. Looking through my closet for spring-summer stuff. Nothing fits. 35 pounds makes such a huge difference when you are short. Brought a healthy lunch, dinner is in the fridge. I prepped everything for the week on Sunday. Now I just need to stick to the plan. For some reason, this time around is so much harder.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member

5/16: 12,000 steps of normal stuff and gardening. And a 1hr stint of lop-sided foot-crop-circles.
    Strength today. And trying to decide which video to kick my *kitten* with. KB, dumbells or bodyweight? I'll figure it out.

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    So the next few days are going to be weird schedule-wise with appointments and paperwork so I'm not getting much done in the way of working out. Most aches and pains have subsided (thank you magnesium) and I can't take my lunch walk because of umpteen phone calls. My fitness goal for this week is to buy a new pedometer as my last one is now quite literally swimming with fishes.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    5/16: mowed the lawn
    5/17: Iso strength chisel

Our house has no a/c and is basically a sauna so I'm not doing much extra housekeeping sadly.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I'll update the last 3 days quickly. I completed zero tasks on my "to do" list. :) Been busy with income producing work though so maybe I can HIRE a painter. I'm sure he'll be faster the I. :)
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    There was thunder and lightening this morning when my alarm went off, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. I ended up going to a park in the early evening after work when it was in the upper 80's. Total distance was 8 miles. I
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    baconslave wrote: »
    5/16: 12,000 steps of normal stuff and gardening. And a 1hr stint of lop-sided foot-crop-circles.
    Strength today. And trying to decide which video to kick my *kitten* with. KB, dumbells or bodyweight? I'll figure it out.
    What? Are crop circles from planting stuff, or are we talking alien encounters?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    5/16: Did my physical therapy home program.
    5/17: Ran (and plenty of steps).
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    5/17 I did my Kettlebell workouts in the morning and evening. Push-ups and walk in the afternoon. Carbs and calories were good!
  • baconslave
    baconslave wrote: »
    What? Are crop circles from planting stuff, or are we talking alien encounters?

They are from my feet trudging a path in unmown grass up and down the hillsides. Around and around...over and over. I imagine the aliens are a little creeped out and wonder if one of their own went on a drunken bender.

5/17: 2 strength videos, which were a little more cardio and less strength than I wanted but calories were burned.
  • baconslave

nikoba wrote: »
    So far, this is a good week for me. I stayed mostly on track at a family event for Mother's Day, ( I couldn't resist one ear of grilled corn on the cob...but in the grand scheme of things, I don't consider that a terrible cheat)

The past 2 days I've been getting in my walks, doing some light weights & squats. But man, I've been trying to work in some lunges, and they are beating my behind...my legs sore for days afterwards.

Yesterday was nearly 90 degrees in Milwaukee, so I finally busted out my bike and went for a quick week day ride after walking the dogs. It was only 4 miles, but it was windy, so it felt like a work out.

This morning I woke up with enough time to actually take a longer walk with the pups, it feels great to start my day that way.

Due to my lack of motivation and over indulgence the past month, the scale has been bouncing the same 5 pounds back and forth. Today I finally saw a drop of 1 pound...here's hoping it stays :)

Sending sticky-scale vibes.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    The heat is something around here. We went from mid 60's over the weekend to 95 today. I have gotten outside for walks several times this week and will be hitting the gym after work. Hubby has been even more supportive lately and is considering joining the low carb way of life. He just doesn't want to have to count anything. Lazy LC isn't a bad thing, especially since I'll be doing the majority of the cooking.