Those working on those last 10-15?

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    6/2 was not working - just so boring, plus not really making any progress...I'm giving leangains a shot April-June...so far it's easier to deal with, only 1-2 days of deficit at a time, not 6 weeks...plus I feel more energetic...only on week 2, so it's hard to say, so far measurements are going down, weight is still bouncing around the same place as always.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Having a tough time of it these days. Hubby and both parents have medical issues and the stresses are 'assisting' my overeating of whatever, including lower carb foods. I need to limit my calories to lose right now.

That is me right now. I don't cheat at all, but I am still eating too much on plan food to lose. I am challenging myself to track every day until Memorial Day.

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I have been watching out for carb creep this past week and I have seen 3 downward increments. So I think I am back on track for a while. It just seems like the body wants change after a while no matter what I do, no matter how "right" or "wrong", it just makes me shake it up. @Tcunbeliever, maybe your body is the same?

@missippibelle, While this way of eating doesn't demand so very much calorie counting, it does help to keep track and if you go too far over your body's needs, it is good to dial it back in or so it seems. And truly for me, the more % of fat in my day the less hungry I am, protein doesn't do that as much for me.

@canadjineh, Also my stress level is pretty low after a period when it was up slightly, dealing with family health issues, and those are over now. So this could be a factor.

It just seems like the more I learn the more I realize I know NOTHING, LOL.

But we are going to get there, all of us. Just hang tight.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Welp, seems like eliminating so stress from life has increased my boredom causing me to overeat and eat bad stuff like my kids cookies :s not used to having sooo much time on my hands. Going to try to take advantage of xtra time by getting more fitness in (hopefully) lol Pray for me y'all! I'm doo close to my original goal of 150 and only 12 from my ultimate goal!
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy Thanks for the encouragement. I think my problem is mindless eating and overeating nuts. I am hoping tracking that will make me more mindful of when I am hungry or bored/eating for fun. I am also going to try and eliminate or cut back on dairy for a few weeks and see what that does.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Another small drop today, so I am now slightly less than 9 lbs from my goal weight. I added a cheapo breathalyzer to my LCHF bag of tricks. It seems to be helping me stay more focused, I want to see those numbers climb more than having more berries or low carb desserts. Chocolate fat bombs seem to work well, so I'm a happy camper.
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm within 10lbs of my goal and just keep bouncing around the same 5lbs, so i'm trying fat bomb tea with protein drinks a couple of times a day. I'll let you know how long that lasts.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    polli22, what is fat bomb tea?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »

Hope you are feeling well, not a lot to say today it seems ;)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

• poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I put a teaspoon of butter in my tea in the morning. it helps keep the hunger away.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Yes. Doing ok. I did that to bump it so I could come back later and post. This was my post from my other account. The one I don't use anymore. Anywho, I'm now only 6 pounds away from my goal and about 30 days away from my re-doing my blood test and MRI. Dropping down to 20 carbs and I.R. had worked well for me. The weight loss is slow but sure.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Keep us updated on the test results and congrats on getting closer to goal. As long as weight is lost who cares if it is quick or slow in the end, it being lost is the important thing.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hey, time to check in peeps. I finally hit my goal weight, and an extra lb. off to keep me motivated ;)

So how are the rest of you doing these days?
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I reached my original goal and have maintained it for about a year. But now I've decided to try for another 5 pounds and see how that feels. Recovering from a marathon and retain a crap ton of water doesn't really help...
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Hey, time to check in peeps. I finally hit my goal weight, and an extra lb. off to keep me motivated ;)

So how are the rest of you doing these days?
    (SO good she said it twice...! :lol: )

I'm around 5lbs off weight target. But having found my own personal "Hey, it works for me!" rhythm, I'm happy to keep going as I am... Once past the target (and I think I wll get there), I'm going to do some serious muscle-toning and ab-work....

• jayerde
    jayerde Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 4kg (9lbs) off my goal weight. The last couple weeks I've relaxed into more of maintenance zone or at least haven't done too well with logging (so much for motivated May lol)

I'm probably going to get back into following meal plans next week just because I lack the energy to decide what to cook and fit it into my macros plus calorie deficit.

I think I've just hit a bit of a mental wall. Sitting around playing video games and skimping on exercise is where I'm at at the moment. I've mostly stuck to low carb (just because that's what's in the house now) although higher than keto levels.

I know the longer I let myself stew the longer it'll take me to reach my goal but, I don't know, I just need a break from things and as long as my joints don't start aching (more, bloody winter) I'm okay just lowish carbing it for the time being. Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep...
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ahh the dreaded and elusive last 10. Exactly where I am! I have been stuck in a range of 193-195 cannot break 193. Every time I hit 193 I pop back to 195. I want to get to 185! So unfortunately its a math problem for me. Since I am down I had to recalculate my caloric intake down. And I have upped my Intermittent Fasting hours. I did 19 hrs. I hit 192.4 this morning! So once I drink my morning coffee I am sure to put that water weight on, I will hit the treadmill (which I got a little lax after my recent loss) and keep the IF going!