Summer 2017 - Introductions

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
Hello Ladies,

Welcome to our summer group where we plan to SWEAT IT OUT! Please introduce yourself and share your goals with the group.

Here's my introduction:

Name: Jessica
Height: 5ft 5in
Current Weight: 139.0 lbs
Challenge Goal Weight: 133 lbs (0.5 lb/week)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs
Goals: For the month of June I will be completing Julian's Kickbox Fastfix and running. The other months' workouts are to be determined.
My Motivation: health, family, comfortable clothes

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Can't wait to start the summer with all of you.

Name: Kelsey
    Height: 5ft 9in
    Current Weight: 173.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 159 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150 lbs
    Goals: I am running a half marathon on July 4th, so training appropriately for that! Also, staying healthy and not giving into temptation!
    My Motivation: I have lost nearly 60 lbs in 2017. Keeping up that momentum and making myself a better person along the way.

Welcome back Kelsey! What a GREAT loss for the year and we aren't even halfway through it. Good luck on your marathon prep! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK YOU'RE DOING :smile:
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

Name: Megan
    Current Weight: 194.8 lbs (started 218.4 January 12) down 23.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 182.8 lbs (12 lbs in 12 weeks)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 138 lbs
    Goals: For the month of June I'm doing an early morning cardio and evening kettlebell routine. My arms needs some strength!! Also, enjoy the outdoors with my family by taking hikes and hopefully losing some inches as well as lbs.
    My Motivation: My family, summer clothes, active lifestyle, health. To feel comfortable in my skin! :)
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    Hello!

Name: Nicole
    Height: 5ft 2in
    Current Weight: somewhere around 218 (I need to replace the batteries in my scale...)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 194 lbs (24 lbs in 12 weeks)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140lbs
    Goals: To become the stronger, happier, healthier me that I was 4 years ago.
    My Motivation: To feel better about myself, to feel confident again, to take care of ME for a change.
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm very excited to be on this journey with all of you!!
    Please feel free to "friend" me!

Name: Debi
    Current Weight: 163.0 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 150
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140 lbs (this ultimate goal may change, this is where I will reevaluate)
    Goals:
    1. Weight: 163 down to 157 lbs, July 1st goal.
    2. Activity: Couch to 5k and run a 5 k. August 1 goal.
    3. Ongoing: Stay on track during camping, keep logging and purposeful movement (a major challenge). September 1st goal.

My Motivation: my health, my family, my old jeans that taunt me from my closet, and the mirror (vanity is a huge motivator at times).
  • laureljenn
    laureljenn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Glad to be a part of this group! :)

Name: Laurel
    Height: 5ft 8in
    Current Weight: 159.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 138 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 138 lbs not sure
    Goals: Fight food temptations with careful planning and tracking. Consistently exercise everyday.
    My Motivation: I will be visiting family from out-of-state that I haven't seen for years. I have some upcoming weddings I would like to look and feel my best for.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the add!

Name: Stef
    Height: 5'7"
    Current Weight: 134lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: ?? Not sure, maybe 130lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140lbs (in a few years maybe..)
    Goals: Right now, to continue cutting BF%, get stronger, look great in a Brazil cut bikini, have fun!
    My Motivation: My health, fitness, family, and to feel and look good!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Name: Alissa
    Height: 5'5"
    Current Weight: 134
    Challenge Goal Weight: 130
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125

Goals: Run my first full marathon in July and work with my nutritionist to clean up my eating habits. This is the first week of my eating style.

My Motivation: To be healthy for my kids.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Name: Barb
    Height: 5'9"
    Current Weight: 162
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150-160 depending on composition (I want to get into some heavy lifting)

Goals: Not gain during the summer as I spend most weekend at a family lake cottage where the only control over food I have is portion size. I also have quite a few cocktails while there which does not help with the portion control :smile: This miraculous feat will require me to KICK *kitten* during the workweek where I sit at a desk all day.

Motivation: my husband and son are skinny so I want to be in the same ballpark as them. I am built with broad shoulders, broad hips, and big boobs so I won't ever be "skinny" but I would like to not be chubby...and I want some badass lady muscles!

I am a returning member and lost 19.4 lbs during the last challenge and 30 since joining MFP - hoping for the last 7 to come off long before the end of summer but that might be a challenge. I have my calories set to lose 1lb per week at sedentary (due to desk job) but usually eat back 200-300 of my exercise calories in order to hit my protein and fat macros to minimize muscle loss.
    I am a home workout person and have a nice setup in my basement. Each Wednesday I do a "hump day" workout that focuses on legs, butt, and abs. I will be posting it here each Tuesday night in case anyone wants to do it with me (I know Jessica is in for this week!) My favorite workout is swimming and I unfortunately don't get to do it that much since I don't have a gym membership or a pool at my house. My son is staying with grandparents for several weeks this summer so I will be able to swim laps at the local rec center (hours don't work with after school care) those weeks and I will probably wax poetically about it every time. After swimming I love Kettlebells and squats!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks for extending an invitation to join...from what I can see you guys are awesome and will be a great support system.

Name: Jen
    Height: 5'0
    Current Weight: 194.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 174.2
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150, then probably will reassess. I tend to pack on muscle so I'm more on a size mission then a weight (size 6 or 8), so we'll see where that happens at weight wise.

Goals: I started C25K last month so I want to finish that, and then work on adding distance and/or speed. I've got some summer vacations coming up near the end of this challenge and I would love to be down a size.

My Motivation: I used to be very athletic and I miss that competitive feeling of setting out to be the best. I would love to do like a mud race or something like that...lol but I'm light years away from that. I'm also getting married in 2018, so looking good in the dress is top priority. And I totally want to surprise my fiancé by doing one those boudoir photo shoots and be comfortable in front of the camera! Lastly just improve overall health.
  • siandh
    siandh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for adding me!
    Name: Sian
    Height: 5' 6"
    Current weight: 146
    Challenge goal weight: 136
    Ultimate goal weight: 130
    Goals: am on week 4 of C25k so want to complete that, am also carrying around a stone of baby weight (2 years on!!) keep loosing a couple of pound putting one on and so on, so want to get out of that cycle!
    My motivation: being able to wear any nice clothes I like without feeling uncomfortable
  • MarissaCVT
    MarissaCVT Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Name: Marissa
    Height: 5'3"
    Current Weight: 240
    Challenge Goal Weight: 199
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150

Goals: To be healthier and more active. I would love to run a 5k without stopping to walk this fall as well.

My Motivation: To be at a weight I'm comfortable with and to feel better. I know this may sound silly, but I want to do more things like traveling and I want to take more pictures. I had this realization I don't want to hate myself in every picture.
  • daniellemichellecowger
    Options
    Name: Jessica
    Height: 5ft 3in
    Current Weight: 180.0 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155 lbs (1.5 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs
    Goals: In June I'm doing the Nike+ Training the 4 week plan.
    My Motivation: I want to be healthy for my daughter and my husband!
  • obrncaroline
    obrncaroline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Name: Caroline
    Height: 5'8"
    Current weight: 158 lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 146 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 140 lbs

Goals: To have better self control with food and avoid "binge" eating. Continue to workout with lifting weights, running, zumba and other cardio classes.

My motivation: I would love to see how my body looks like around 20% body fat. Right now I am at 26% body fat. I lost over 40 lbs in the last 4 years, but I am ready to reach my ultimate goal this year and then strive it to maintain the weight.
  • melody_powers13
    melody_powers13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm super excited to be a part of this group :)
    Name: Melody
    Current weight as of today: 206
    Challenge goal weight: I don't really like to set times for my weight-loss
    Ultimate goal weight: 130
    Goals: to take back my life, and go back to being healthy I'd also love to beable to run without feeling like I'm dying
    My motivation: my lovely kiddos they are both toddlers so I need alot more energy to keep up with them. Also running a marathon is on my bucket list. And this is more of inspiration to keep going but my brother thinks I can't do it sooo definitely got to prove him wrong.
  • szodyraa
    szodyraa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm super excited to get back on track after three long months of being completely stumped!
    Name:szodyraa
    Height: 5'11''
    Current Weight:219.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 199
    Ultimate Goal Weight:170
    Goal: to start making strength taining a major priority and to take this journey one day at a time. Consistency is the ultimate goal.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Megan91384 wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

Name: Megan
    Current Weight: 194.8 lbs (started 218.4 January 12) down 23.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 182.8 lbs (12 lbs in 12 weeks)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 138 lbs
    Goals: For the month of June I'm doing an early morning cardio and evening kettlebell routine. My arms needs some strength!! Also, enjoy the outdoors with my family by taking hikes and hopefully losing some inches as well as lbs.
    My Motivation: My family, summer clothes, active lifestyle, health. To feel comfortable in my skin! :)

Hi Megan! We are pretty much the same age and height; maybe I should reconsider my ultimate goal weight since mine is much less than yours. How did you come up with yours?

Oh and we WILL hold you to your double day workouts so STAY FOCUSED :#
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hello!

Name: Nicole
    Current Weight: somewhere around 218 (I need to replace the batteries in my scale...)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 194 lbs (24 lbs in 12 weeks)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140lbs
    Goals: To become the stronger, happier, healthier me that I was 4 years ago.
    My Motivation: To feel better about myself, to feel confident again, to take care of ME for a change.

Hello Nicole. Glad you could join us. It is awesome you have made a decision to take care of yourself. You won't regret it!