• dmiller4129
    dmiller4129 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Glad to be back.

Name: Renee
    Height: 5'3"
    Current weight: 137
    Goal weight: 120
    Goals: stay focused, check in at least once a week, increase cardio, eat better
    Motivation: I'm tired of starting over!! I always do well for 1- 1.5 months and then have to restart again. Not this time!!
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everybody:

Name: Meg
    Height: 5'6"
    Current Weight: 138.4
    Goal Weight: 135-ish

I am also a returning member, and had an original goal of 140. Now, after being encouraged by all of you here (Jessica!) and looking at so much great information on the forum, shooting to get around 135, with my maintenance range being 135-140. That said, I am more about feeling great and how my clothes fit/body looks than weight. This has been an amazing journey so far and cannot wait to keep going with all of you.

Goals: Do active workouts 3x per week, with swimming, biking 3 more days. My ultimate goal, is to lose fat percentage and maintain/gain muscle over the next 12 months. My workouts focus on weight training (body, dumbbell, resistance, etc.) to hit that goal. Like Barb, I workout at home.

Motivation: I want to make sure that I make the lifestyle changes now to remain active and healthy into retirement (hopefully 12 years.) My hsband and I love to travel and explore everywhere we go. I do not want age and lack of being fit to stop that.

@dbackgrammy I complete understand the hot summers. I am in Southern Nevada and someone sure turned the heat up this week!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Nell
    58 years of age
    5"10"
    CW:177
    UGW: 150-160, at one point I was at 143, looked amazing but it wasn't right for me.
    Goal: To be in a realistic, healthy routine to maintain for life. I really enjoy lifting, it is the only thing that has helped me loose weight and keep the blood pressure in range with meds.
    So glad to have fellow sojourners!

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Mousaroni wrote: »
    Name: Mous

Current Weight: 136 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 126 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 126 lbs & recomp

Goals:
    Food// Go completely vegan. Be able to say no to snacks. Put together a recipe book.
    Weight// n/a
    Body// Get back to ranch maintainence body.
    Activity// Hold a 3-minute plank. Complete 30 push ups. Post a trot (stress-free) without stirrups.

My Motivation:
    1// In 2020, my friend (who can already do 13 pull-ups) and I are competing.
    2// I need to build muscle for my riding. I especially need a stronger core but also back.

Hi Mous! Welcome! I was vegetarian a few years ago...SO TOTALLY WORTH the results! Good Luck :smiley:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I'm glad to be here!

Name: Imelda
    Height: 5ft 4in

Current Weight: 189.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165 lbs

Goals: Keep cooking more, log my food, getting strength training in 2x a week at least, yoga 1x a week, get more greens/veggies into my breakfast

My Motivation: Feel better in my clothes and feel stronger

Hi Imelda. Thank you for joining our group. I too need to get some spinach and bell peppers in my breakfast. Good Luck to you!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Roobyzooby wrote: »
    Hi ladies...

Name: Ruby
    Height: 5'9
    CW: 169
    Challenge GW:161
    GW: 161 ? See when I get there

Goals: to keep up with the level of activity I have now, kids finish school for the summer in 2 weeks and my daily walking of two hours to school and back wiill take a break. I love how much fitter I feel and I never want to loose that feeling.

Motivation: biggest motivation is seeing my diet graph (I started before joining MFP) go from 254lbs down to 169 lbs. that and the little green bobbing symbol on the BMI scale telling me I made it to the healthy range finally.

Welcome Ruby! It's an awesome feeling to feel good isn't it? Good Luck to you!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    pru29 wrote: »
    Hello
    Name: Pru
    Height: 5'5"
    Current Weight: 196
    Challenge Goal Weight: 186
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 154

Goals: To be healthier and more active.

Hi Pru, I love your goals; short and sweet :D
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    FernRunner wrote: »
    Helloooooooooooo ladies!
    I'm very interested in connecting with new friends who are active on a daily basis. I feel like my friends list has gotten very quiet lately. Please, if you can, add me!
    Name: Aileen/Fern
    Height: 5ft 5in
    Current Weight: 142.2 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 137
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130-135 lbs
    Goals: I'll be building up my running mileage this summer. I really slacked this past winter, mostly due to snowy roads, and I would love to get back up to 8-10 mile runs and possibly tackle a new half marathon this fall.
    My Motivation: To stay healthy and active for as many years as possible, like those fine looking 70+ year old ladies you see still running races!
    To be an example of a strong, determined female figure for my sons. Respect.
    To look good for my husband and for myself.
    Also, cute clothes and feeling truly comfortable in my own skin at the beach.

Hi Aileen! We are twins!!!...I mean with the age, height, and weight and all. That's awesome you're a runner. I dabble a little here and there but I want to get more serious. Good luck on your journey here!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    LissaMore wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!

I'm excited to join the group!

Name: Lissa
    Height: 5'5"
    CW: 169
    Challenge GW: 161
    Ultimate GW: 145

Goals: I want to cut body fat while maintaining muscle.

My story: I've been going to group fitness classes at the gym 4+ per week for 1.5 years and have great strength and cardio - now I want to start working on losing body fat. I downloaded MFP after my second was born over two years ago but couldn't even keep under 2100 calories per day and was frustrated and stopped. I started again on MFP 11 days ago and feel great so far and have lost 2 lbs! Feeling great this time!!

Hi Lissa! Congrats on the consistency in your classes and for losing your 2 lbs. This is only the beginning. Keep going and GOOD LUCK!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hey everybody! Glad to be back.

Name: Renee
    Height: 5'3"
    Current weight: 137
    Goal weight: 120
    Goals: stay focused, check in at least once a week, increase cardio, eat better
    Motivation: I'm tired of starting over!! I always do well for 1- 1.5 months and then have to restart again. Not this time!!

Welcome back Renee! Glad to see you here. You don't have to start over anymore....YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Nell
    58 years of age
    5"10"
    CW:177
    UGW: 150-160, at one point I was at 143, looked amazing but it wasn't right for me.
    Goal: To be in a realistic, healthy routine to maintain for life. I really enjoy lifting, it is the only thing that has helped me loose weight and keep the blood pressure in range with meds.
    So glad to have fellow sojourners!

HI Nell, welcome to our group. We are so glad you are joining us. Its so impressive that you are lifting weights. I plan to do the same once I get closer to my goal weight :blush:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    megd44 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday everybody:

Name: Meg
    Current Weight: 138.4
    Goal Weight: 135-ish

I am also a returning member, and had an original goal of 140. Now, after being encouraged by all of you here (Jessica!) and looking at so much great information on the forum, shooting to get around 135, with my maintenance range being 135-140. That said, I am more about feeling great and how my clothes fit/body looks than weight. This has been an amazing journey so far and cannot wait to keep going with all of you.

Goals: Do active workouts 3x per week, with swimming, biking 3 more days. My ultimate goal, is to lose fat percentage and maintain/gain muscle over the next 12 months. My workouts focus on weight training (body, dumbbell, resistance, etc.) to hit that goal. Like Barb, I workout at home.

Motivation: I want to make sure that I make the lifestyle changes now to remain active and healthy into retirement (hopefully 12 years.) My hsband and I love to travel and explore everywhere we go. I do not want age and lack of being fit to stop that.

@dbackgrammy I complete understand the hot summers. I am in Southern Nevada and someone sure turned the heat up this week!

Thanks for returning Meg! Myself, along with others are here to support you. Try and stay cool and keep working towards your goals!!!
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm happy to be part of this group!

Name: Ellen
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 159.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 149
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140 maybe - I'll reevaluate as I continue to lose.
    Goals: Maintain control over my eating - try to eat at calorie goal 5/7 days each week. Eat 35 servings of fruit/veggies each week. Continue getting a minimum of 20 minutes of physical activity each day. Complete C25K.
    My Motivation: The success I've already seen and the feeling of being healthy and active.
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Name: Rach
    Height: 5ft 8in
    Current Weight: 180 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 168 lbs (1 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150 lbs
    Goals: Being in control of my food intake, tracking every day and planning meals
    My motivation: health, clothes fitting better
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    ellepribro wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm happy to be part of this group!

Name: Ellen
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 159.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 149
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140 maybe - I'll reevaluate as I continue to lose.
    Goals: Maintain control over my eating - try to eat at calorie goal 5/7 days each week. Eat 35 servings of fruit/veggies each week. Continue getting a minimum of 20 minutes of physical activity each day. Complete C25K.
    My Motivation: The success I've already seen and the feeling of being healthy and active.

Hi Ellen! Thank you for being here. We are excited to see new faces!!! That's a great goal to get your fruits and vegetables in. Good luck!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    newlark01 wrote: »
    Name: Rach
    Current Weight: 180 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 168 lbs (1 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150 lbs
    Goals: Being in control of my food intake, tracking every day and planning meals
    My motivation: health, clothes fitting better

Hello Rach! Welcome to our group. A pound a week is a perfect pace! Stick with those goals and you'll get there. Good luck!
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Name: Laura
    Height: 5ft 2in
    Current Weight: 169
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs
    Goals: Be consistent in diet and exercise. Daily yoga to work on neck and back issues.
    My Motivation: Health, I'm starting to really realize that my weight is really impacting my morbidity and I'm not even 40. I don't want to be a 40 year old with bad knees, back etc.
    Please add me!
  • krishnahari84
    krishnahari84 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Name: Krishna
    Current Weight: 213 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 190 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170 lbs
    Goals: Being in control of my food intake, workout 5 days a week at least.
    My motivation: health. Scale going down, better shipping experience

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    laura9400 wrote: »
    Name: Laura
    Height: 5ft 2in
    Current Weight: 169
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125 lbs
    Goals: Be consistent in diet and exercise. Daily yoga to work on neck and back issues.
    My Motivation: Health, I'm starting to really realize that my weight is really impacting my morbidity and I'm not even 40. I don't want to be a 40 year old with bad knees, back etc.
    Please add me!

Hi Laura! Thanks for joining us. Yoga will do wonders for your neck and back. I'll be 35 this year too so I completely understand about being 40.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Name: Krishna
    Current Weight: 213 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 190 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170 lbs
    Goals: Being in control of my food intake, workout 5 days a week at least.
    My motivation: health. Scale going down, better shipping experience

Hello Krishna! Welcome to our group. You can absolutely be in control of your portion control and once you are consistent with it you will see results. Good luck to you!