Summer 2017 - Introductions

Options

Replies

• Jaaydejahme
    Jaaydejahme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies looking forward to this challenge. I am really excited to see what the next few months brings goodluck to everyone !!! $

Name: Katie
    Current weight:200
    Goal weight: 155
    Height: 5'6
    Goal: to feel healthier since I have gained weight I noticed a change in my energy level and how out of breathe I get by doing things with little effort. I need to learn to eat healthier and have portion control
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Megan91384 wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

Name: Megan
    Height: 5ft 5in
    Current Weight: 194.8 lbs (started 218.4 January 12) down 23.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 182.8 lbs (12 lbs in 12 weeks)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 138 lbs
    Goals: For the month of June I'm doing an early morning cardio and evening kettlebell routine. My arms needs some strength!! Also, enjoy the outdoors with my family by taking hikes and hopefully losing some inches as well as lbs.
    My Motivation: My family, summer clothes, active lifestyle, health. To feel comfortable in my skin! :)

Hi Megan! We are pretty much the same age and height; maybe I should reconsider my ultimate goal weight since mine is much less than yours. How did you come up with yours?

Oh and we WILL hold you to your double day workouts so STAY FOCUSED :#

Started at 218.4 so 138.4 would an 80 pound loss and put me into a healthy BMI with some wiggle room before reaching an overweight BMI. Right now, my goal is just lose 50 lbs then reassess. Almost halfway to my first goal. I don't know what my UGW will be until I get much closer to it. For now, I just want to keep seeing that scale slowly and consistently dropping :)
  • jt241998
    jt241998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenny (rather shy) but hoping being part of this group will give me confidence to post, loose weight and hopefully make some friends along the way.

I currently weigh 13stone 9
    Height - 5ft 6.5
    I would like to loose weight and tone - I'm a member of the gym but have been playing at it really and need to find an excercise plan to follow.....my next challenge.

I have a holiday in 12 weeks so this is perfect as last year I was so uncomfortable with (chub-rub) it was a misery
  • Yaranak
    Yaranak Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I've struggled with my weight for a long time now. Always doing some kind of ridiculous diet with the hopes that it would be a quick fix, which just resulted in feeling burnt out, discouraged, and going back to bad eating habits. Now I'm giving it another shot after I watched a YouTube video which recommended this site. I weigh and log-in my daily food intake (something I've never bothered doing before) and it has really opened my eyes to what a truly healthy diet can be. I've been on this diet for 22 days now and have lost a total of 14.3lbs, and while I'm not tired of this diet yet, I'm avoiding the potential of discouragement. Glad to be part of this group :smile:

Name: Yara
    Height: 5ft 6in
    High Weight: 200lbs
    Current Weight: 186.2 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 159.8 lbs (2.2 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 143 lbs
    Goals: Reach and maintain my goal weight; learn healthy eating habits and portion sizes; unlearn bad habits and the tendency to binge.
    My Motivation: My health and well-being. And also looking kickass in some skinny jeans!

P.S. I sprained my ankle on Friday so that means I'll be off the skateboard for at least a week. If anyone can give me exercise tips that don't involve me being on my feet, I would be most grateful!
  • hafsaameen
    hafsaameen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Name: Hafsa
    Height: 5 ft 2.5 in (Yes, I care about that extra 0.5!)
    Current weight: 150 lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 135 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 125 lbs
    Goals: Get fit and healthy by staying within my daily calories intake, incorporate exercise into my daily life and work out at least 3/4 times a week. Be able to run for more than a minute without feeling breathless.
    Motivation: Half of my wardrobe that I am currently unable to get into due to weight gain.

Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristy
    Height: 5ft 9in
    Current Weight: 182.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 172 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 155-160 lbs

Goals: Getting back into a daily exercise routine and losing the 15 lbs I gained over the last year.

My Motivation: My health. Obesity runs in my family along with all of the things that come with an unhealthy lifestyle. I want to avoid heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.

What also runs in my family is back and joint issues, which I already have both. The last year was spent in physical therapy for my lower back problems that come and go and also recovering from knee surgery. I'm ready to get back to feeling normal with working out and being healthy.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    Name: Kristy
    Height: 5ft 9in
    Current Weight: 182.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 172 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 155-160 lbs

Goals: Getting back into a daily exercise routine and losing the 15 lbs I gained over the last year.

My Motivation: My health. Obesity runs in my family along with all of the things that come with an unhealthy lifestyle. I want to avoid heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.

What also runs in my family is back and joint issues, which I already have both. The last year was spent in physical therapy for my lower back problems that come and go and also recovering from knee surgery. I'm ready to get back to feeling normal with working out and being healthy.

Hi Kristy! Welcome aboard! You can for sure get down to 15 lbs lighter with daily exercise. We are here to support you. Physical therapy can be a bummer but with a good diet and exercise regime you can hopefully eliminate some/most/all of your therapeutic needs. Good luck!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    hafsaameen wrote: »
    Hi,

Name: Hafsa
    Height: 5 ft 2.5 in (Yes, I care about that extra 0.5!)
    Current weight: 150 lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 135 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 125 lbs
    Goals: Get fit and healthy by staying within my daily calories intake, incorporate exercise into my daily life and work out at least 3/4 times a week. Be able to run for more than a minute without feeling breathless.
    Motivation: Half of my wardrobe that I am currently unable to get into due to weight gain.

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Hello Hafsa! I hear ya! That extra half inch can give you an extra pound or so to weigh :p . Haha! I always laugh when people talk about running. It's hard at first but gets easier as you do it more and more. Getting into your clothes is a GREAT motivator. Welcome to are support group!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Yaranak wrote: »
    Hey, everyone! I've struggled with my weight for a long time now. Always doing some kind of ridiculous diet with the hopes that it would be a quick fix, which just resulted in feeling burnt out, discouraged, and going back to bad eating habits. Now I'm giving it another shot after I watched a YouTube video which recommended this site. I weigh and log-in my daily food intake (something I've never bothered doing before) and it has really opened my eyes to what a truly healthy diet can be. I've been on this diet for 22 days now and have lost a total of 14.3lbs, and while I'm not tired of this diet yet, I'm avoiding the potential of discouragement. Glad to be part of this group :smile:

Name: Yara
    Height: 5ft 6in
    High Weight: 200lbs
    Current Weight: 186.2 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 159.8 lbs (2.2 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 143 lbs
    Goals: Reach and maintain my goal weight; learn healthy eating habits and portion sizes; unlearn bad habits and the tendency to binge.
    My Motivation: My health and well-being. And also looking kickass in some skinny jeans!

P.S. I sprained my ankle on Friday so that means I'll be off the skateboard for at least a week. If anyone can give me exercise tips that don't involve me being on my feet, I would be most grateful!

Hi Yara. It's nice to meet you. Portion control is a wonderful thing! I know for me it helps keep me focused. Skinny jeans are AWESOME as well. Especially when they fit in all the right places. So sorry about your ankle. Any upper body stuff will be great for now while it heals.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    jt241998 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Jenny (rather shy) but hoping being part of this group will give me confidence to post, loose weight and hopefully make some friends along the way.

I currently weigh 13stone 9
    Height - 5ft 6.5
    I would like to loose weight and tone - I'm a member of the gym but have been playing at it really and need to find an excercise plan to follow.....my next challenge.

I have a holiday in 12 weeks so this is perfect as last year I was so uncomfortable with (chub-rub) it was a misery

Hi Jenny! Don't be shy. None of us (maybe some do but I am guessing the majority don't) actually know each other and this is all virtual. If you want to be Cindy Crawford you could be ;)

I see you are looking for an exercise regime. As the week goes on you should check out our current discussion "Work It Out". You may find some good suggestions or things you want to try. Good luck to you!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hi ladies looking forward to this challenge. I am really excited to see what the next few months brings goodluck to everyone !!! $

Name: Katie
    Current weight:200
    Goal weight: 155
    Height: 5'6
    Goal: to feel healthier since I have gained weight I noticed a change in my energy level and how out of breathe I get by doing things with little effort. I need to learn to eat healthier and have portion control

Hello Katie. Thank you for being a part of our group. Energy can definitely be sapped when it comes to weight gain. You are for sure it the right place to get support for your eating and portion control goals. Welcome!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

Name: Megan
    Height: 5ft 5in
    Current Weight: 194.8 lbs (started 218.4 January 12) down 23.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 182.8 lbs (12 lbs in 12 weeks)
    Goals: For the month of June I'm doing an early morning cardio and evening kettlebell routine. My arms needs some strength!! Also, enjoy the outdoors with my family by taking hikes and hopefully losing some inches as well as lbs.
    My Motivation: My family, summer clothes, active lifestyle, health. To feel comfortable in my skin! :)

Hi Megan! We are pretty much the same age and height; maybe I should reconsider my ultimate goal weight since mine is much less than yours. How did you come up with yours?

Oh and we WILL hold you to your double day workouts so STAY FOCUSED :#

Started at 218.4 so 138.4 would an 80 pound loss and put me into a healthy BMI with some wiggle room before reaching an overweight BMI. Right now, my goal is just lose 50 lbs then reassess. Almost halfway to my first goal. I don't know what my UGW will be until I get much closer to it. For now, I just want to keep seeing that scale slowly and consistently dropping :)

Nice! Okay. I may get more strategic as I get closer to the lower 130s. My BMI is in the middle of my range, I believe. I like to keep it simple so for now I just let the scale judge me :smiley:
  • reachinmygoal2012
    reachinmygoal2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Name: Samantha
    Height: 4'11
    Current weight 215( started at 220)
    Challenge goal weight: 175
    Ultimate goal weight: 140
    Motivation and Goals: Look amazing in my wedding dress. I get married September 3rd and I currently need to lose 3 inches off my bust and waist to fit into my dress.
  • karly2612
    karly2612 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I live in Australia so will technically be sweatin' it out in winter 2017 :) but happy to be along for the ride with you all.

Name: Karly
    Height: 168cm
    Current Weight: 105kg
    Challenge Goal Weight: 93kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 70kg
    Goals: accurate and consistent logging, gym 4 times a week. Healthy eating and not giving into temptation
    My Motivation: My health, and my upcoming 30th.
  • for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Name: Kal
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 159.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 144 lbs
    Goals: Eating, to focus on my diet to elimate anything I know I shouldn't be consuming as my mobility is limited. Physically, To develop strength to walk for 20 mins and climb stairs and focus on my rehabilitation and physiotherapy. Mentally, to go easy on myself and stay positive the days I am having pain and allow myself time for healing. I have lost 24.5lbs since January, so I know despite my physical restrictions, it is possible.
    My Motivation: I had a full knee reconstruction in feb, and will need the other knee reconstructed also due to an accident I had last year, so I want to be in the best shape possible for the 2nd surgery at the end of summer (as I know what to expect).

For anyone new, this group is amazing and supportive, for the returning ladies, I look forward to encouraging you on your next step of your journey xx
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I love this group and all the motivation and support. I look forward to checking continuing my weight journey with you all.

Name: Janelle
    Height: 5'4
    Current Weight: 150.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 135
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140
    Goals: To finally be back to a healthy BMI, Be able to run my first 5K is the short term goal, ultimately I'd like to do a half marathon one day.
    My Motivation: My son (I want to be a healthy example for him), shorts, skinny jeans, and sun dresses remind me of how good it feels to be at a healthy weight! I'm also running a 5K color run in September with a group of work friends.

Thanks for letting me share and helping me to stay on track!
  • trinitymwilson
    trinitymwilson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Name: trinity
    height: 5,2
    weight: 132
    goal weight: 117

Goals: log meals on mfp, drink 60 oz h2O, finish my 2nd 12 week fitness program, drop body fat to 17-19%

Motivation: wanting to feel good in my body on my birthday june 24, being happy and a good role model for my daughter

Thank you for hosting another group!!!
  • BethanyLynne1983
    BethanyLynne1983 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Name: Bethany
    Height: 5-4
    Starting weight: 132.5
    Challenge Goal weight: 122
    Goal weight: 120

About me: I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3. I enjoy country living and love Jesus. For exercise, I like biking, jogging, and strength training.

Goals: Like everyone else, I want to lose some extra weight, feel better, fit into clothes more comfortably. Just as much as the physical challenges, I want to overcome my mental barriers of fear of this being too hard and failing and the doubt and withdraw that comes with that. I desire to face my weaknesses and apply what I learn to other areas of my life.

Motivation: Accountability here, for sure! To overcome daily and throw off the fear and doubt that hinder me and weigh me down in life....and of course, to feel and look better in my clothes, like shorts and swimsuits :)

Thanks for hosting this group!! I've never committed to a group like this before but am very excited and hope to make some friends along the way!
  • ElphabaWeasley
    ElphabaWeasley Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Name: Courtney
    Height: 5ft
    Current Weight: 208
    Challenge Goal Weight: 195 lbs (0.5 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135 lbs (will re-evaluate here)
    Goals: June my focus is waking up and getting to the gym. Some days will be arms/abs/cardio, some days will be legs/cardio and others will just be cardio. July and August are TBD
    My Motivation: My best friend's wedding in September!, being healthy, hopefully exercising and eating better will help with my depression and neuropathy.

Thank you so much for adding me to the group! I am very excited to have some many amazing women to help motivate me and inspire me to keep on the next 12 weeks!
  • bballpoetress08
    bballpoetress08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Name: Destiny
    Height: 5ft 6.5 in
    Current Weight: 246.6 lbs (started at 271 mid-February)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 226 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 160 lbs
    Goals: Staying active this summer and finding ways to be social with my friends and still stay on track nutrition wise so that I can hit my weight loss goals.

My Motivation: Last year I plateaued at 245 (think because I was eating too few calories) and then was all over the place trying to figure out why and regained. I finally got my BMR/TDEE tested and know my daily calorie goals, so ready to lose "new weight" under 245 and downwards!