Breakthrough!

Options
Retrofit55
Retrofit55 Posts: 68 Member
So excited here -- I've been doing keto for exactly two months now and this morning woke up to find the needle on the scales had finally moved...I lost 5# "overnight." (!) I am pleased beyond measure! I think I am dealing with a pretty fierce insulin resistance and that the addition of frequent (though not daily) 16:8 intermittent fasting is what finally kick-started the weight loss. Limiting the feeding window to 8 hours makes it a whole lot easier to keep my macros in line and the calorie count reasonable. And with the consistently increased water intake throughout this time, I doubt the 5# I just said goodbye to was only water loss. Plus, I've lost an inch in my waist, which makes me think I can trust the weight loss I saw on the scales today. Thanks to all of you who shared your stories and tips in this forum. You've certainly made it easier for me to remain constant with this new WOE and bide my time for the results of all of this vastly improved nutrition to be reflected on the scales. Joy!

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    The scale is complicated. It is wise I think to track inches as well for those days when the scale is not giving good feedback.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That's super news! I lose weight verrrry slowly with many upticks from the scale along the way & it takes so much patience to try to be ok with it. But like you, I feel so much better anyway so I'm Keto for life. But still, nice to see that number move down :smile:
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!! Keep up the great work!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Great patience! Not everyone is willing to wait it out.
    Congrats on that inch lost! :)
  • Retrofit55
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    The scale is complicated. It is wise I think to track inches as well for those days when the scale is not giving good feedback.

Yes, 2t9nty, with a powerful drive to DENY the damage I've done to this body with decades of (in all senses of the word) SAD nutritional mis-management, I had to force myself to take my measurements but am certainly glad I did. Now to muster up the courage for full body "before" shots! (*cringe*)
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Retrofit55 wrote: »
    So excited here -- I've been doing keto for exactly two months now and this morning woke up to find the needle on the scales had finally moved...I lost 5# "overnight." (!) I am pleased beyond measure! I think I am dealing with a pretty fierce insulin resistance and that the addition of frequent (though not daily) 16:8 intermittent fasting is what finally kick-started the weight loss. Limiting the feeding window to 8 hours makes it a whole lot easier to keep my macros in line and the calorie count reasonable. And with the consistently increased water intake throughout this time, I doubt the 5# I just said goodbye to was only water loss. Plus, I've lost an inch in my waist, which makes me think I can trust the weight loss I saw on the scales today. Thanks to all of you who shared your stories and tips in this forum. You've certainly made it easier for me to remain constant with this new WOE and bide my time for the results of all of this vastly improved nutrition to be reflected on the scales. Joy!

Congrats on your loss! :smiley:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, Folks, after two months of seeing the number on the scales solidly locked in place, there was a part of me that feared yesterday's abrupt 5# weight loss was just a fluke. But this morning I was surprised and delighted to see another 3 pounds gone, for a total of 8! It's exactly what I've been working for (while envying the stories of rapid weight loss so many others have reported with keto & intermittent fasting), but now that it's here, it seems a little surreal. But, oh yeah, I worked hard for it and you can bet I'll claim it!! Yay!!
    This is great!!
  • fittermon
    fittermon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This post is so encouraging - thank you and congratulations!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, Folks, after two months of seeing the number on the scales solidly locked in place, there was a part of me that feared yesterday's abrupt 5# weight loss was just a fluke. But this morning I was surprised and delighted to see another 3 pounds gone, for a total of 8! It's exactly what I've been working for (while envying the stories of rapid weight loss so many others have reported with keto & intermittent fasting), but now that it's here, it seems a little surreal. But, oh yeah, I worked hard for it and you can bet I'll claim it!! Yay!!

Congrats! It's nice when the scale decides to play our game :)
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm picturing my body rearranging its furniture & eventually it will decide to have a yard sale & let things go :lol:

I will remember this one. LOVE IT!!!
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @Momma_Raucks Ha! I really hope it helps, I need to tell myself something so I don't lose my mind while I'm waiting for weight to drop off.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @baconslave - there are some amazing way of looking at stalls, putting them in perspective here, and I think there is pretty much "something for everyone" in the various messages. Please add to the sticky post when you can. Thanks!
  • Retrofit55
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @baconslave - there are some amazing way of looking at stalls, putting them in perspective here, and I think there is pretty much "something for everyone" in the various messages. Please add to the sticky post when you can. Thanks!

Um, what's a sticky post?