Breakthrough!

Options

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Those are the permanent posts at the top of the forum, the resource library of this group, if you will.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Retrofit55

We have two great one now... They are just the main threads at the top of the group when you get into the forum here. These two are the ones everyone should read...as relates to them. The first one is kind of a subject index type thing, and the second one listed here is the "encyclopedia" on low carbing basics!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10423197/open-threads-member-threads-on-low-carb-topics#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I just think of it as time to heal. Helps me put up with a lot when it comes to my body.

IR does seem to take its time healing. Healing involves a lot of adjustments. The important thing is that eventually and we start to lose again.

I figure it took a long time for IR to develop and build in my body so it will take it a long time to heal or reverse itself.

I check my fbs each morning and track that rather than my weight. In fact, after several discussions with my counselor, I donated my scale to a charity. Believe me, that was HARD to do, but it has really freed me. I track my macros and have watched my fbs come down to normal ranges in the a.m. I wasn't diabetic (officially) but unofficially I was. IR and keto kept that horrible dx off my medical chart.

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »
    I just think of it as time to heal. Helps me put up with a lot when it comes to my body.

IR does seem to take its time healing. Healing involves a lot of adjustments. The important thing is that eventually and we start to lose again.

I figure it took a long time for IR to develop and build in my body so it will take it a long time to heal or reverse itself.

I check my fbs each morning and track that rather than my weight. In fact, after several discussions with my counselor, I donated my scale to a charity. Believe me, that was HARD to do, but it has really freed me. I track my macros and have watched my fbs come down to normal ranges in the a.m. I wasn't diabetic (officially) but unofficially I was. IR and keto kept that horrible dx off my medical chart.

You officially had IR instead of diabetes? :confused:

(I know, don't look gift horses in the, uh... hmm... )
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I keep rereading this thread as I struggle with a frustrating stall that's not actually long enough to be considered a stall but just long enough to drive me nuts lol (11 days). I'm picturing my body rearranging its furniture & eventually it will decide to have a yard sale & let things go :lol:

Hahaha!

"Downsizing - Old chest & drawers, free to good home."
  • rickywillis00
    rickywillis00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Retrofit55 Really well done for sticking it out that long to achieve these results! Im stuck 9 days into a plateau and its a nightmare, large calorie deficit, macros exactly perfect every day, loads of water etc etc no reason not to be loosing but nothing scale just stuck! Suppose its just the way it is for some of us. . . Your story has given me some needed encouragement to carry on forward so thanks and well done again :smiley:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options

You are a Wonder Woman!

Personally, I need the scales' feedback, I know it lies all the darned time, but it does keep me from straying too far from my path. I'd love to say I could toss mine, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. One of the Fasting Talk podcasts mentions one of the clients at IDM tossed hers in the trash went out, stepped on it again, then took it and placed it in her driveway and ran over it. :D
  • Retrofit55
    Retrofit55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Those are the permanent posts at the top of the forum, the resource library of this group, if you will.

Thanks!
  • Retrofit55
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @Retrofit55

We have two great one now... They are just the main threads at the top of the group when you get into the forum here. These two are the ones everyone should read...as relates to them. The first one is kind of a subject index type thing, and the second one listed here is the "encyclopedia" on low carbing basics!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10423197/open-threads-member-threads-on-low-carb-topics#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest

Thanks, will check them out!
  • Retrofit55
    Options

The scale can be such a fickle thing. Did you find it easier to more finely tune your WOE using fbs's instead of the scale as your guide...? For me, for now, I want the delight of seeing those hateful inflated numbers on the scales disappear one by one. But, it's nice to think that someday I might be free enough from the tyranny of the scale to give the dang thing away as you did! How daring! I know it took courage!
  • Retrofit55
    Options

You are a Wonder Woman!

Personally, I need the scales' feedback, I know it lies all the darned time, but it does keep me from straying too far from my path. I'd love to say I could toss mine, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. One of the Fasting Talk podcasts mentions one of the clients at IDM tossed hers in the trash went out, stepped on it again, then took it and placed it in her driveway and ran over it. :D

Hah! There you go! Got four wheels? Easy fix. Love it!
  • Retrofit55
    Options
    @Retrofit55 Really well done for sticking it out that long to achieve these results! Im stuck 9 days into a plateau and its a nightmare, large calorie deficit, macros exactly perfect every day, loads of water etc etc no reason not to be loosing but nothing scale just stuck! Suppose its just the way it is for some of us. . . Your story has given me some needed encouragement to carry on forward so thanks and well done again :smiley:

So glad it was helpful! I doubt I could have kept with it so long if I had tried to maintain a large calorie deficit as well, so was quite generous on that score. The key for me was remembering that my body's priority was to heal, which was obviously trumping my superficial priority of quick weight loss. Eventually, of course, staying the course means your body and you BOTH get what you most want. And how! The pounds continued to come off last week, first the 5, then 3 more, then a couple of more later in the week -- making for a total of 10 pounds gone in seven days, plus an inch off my hips and an inch and a half off my waist! Keep on hanging in there! You can nail this!!
  • LizinLowell
    Options
    UPDATE: after the scale bounced around for 2 weeks, I finally dropped a pound. I don't believe it, lol, so I'll wait to see if it stays off over the next week. It's a new low weight so I'm hopeful it's for real. This thread really did help me keep my sanity though!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for sticking it out and thanks for posting. Almost two years ago, I lost 26 pounds in 13 weeks without a single plateau even with those last, usually stubborn, pounds. I let five pounds creep back on and have endured six weeks of meticulous metrics and zero movement on the scale. It's been both surprising and disheartening.

I am, to be sure, two years older now. But still .....

Oh well, onward and downwards, I hope.
  • LizinLowell
    Options
    @mandycat223 Right?? Maddening! Hope you get some action soon. The posts in this thread helped me hang in there.
  • Retrofit55
    Options
    UPDATE: after the scale bounced around for 2 weeks, I finally dropped a pound. I don't believe it, lol, so I'll wait to see if it stays off over the next week. It's a new low weight so I'm hopeful it's for real. This thread really did help me keep my sanity though!

Yay you!, LizinL! A new low weight! I know it's sweet to see! Happy for you and with you!
  • LizinLowell
    Options
    Thank you @Retrofit55 !! I love this group that totally understands what we're all going through even if we have our very specific journeys and methods. I am making myself promise not to freak out if the scale bounces right back up again but we'll see how well I keep that LOL. How are you doing? Is your chronic pain still at super high levels all the time? Any relief at all yet?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    @LizinLowell ....I used to be like you and totally freak out over scale weight numbers but over the course of the past nearly 3 years and watching my weight fluctuations, I've learned that my body weight fluctuates a few pounds for a variety of reasons every week (how much salt I had the day before, if I exercised the way before and how much exercise I did, how much water my body is holding on to in response to said exercise, TTOTM, other hormones in general, stress, etc.) so it no longer bothers me. Keep calm and keto on...you will get to that point too!
  • LizinLowell
    Options
    @ladipoet Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. I know it's will get easier as I learn my body's patterns. I've just got PTSD from years of failure. I had great success with low carb in 2003 then somehow lost the thread because I didn't understand the science. A solid year of exercise in 2014 made me strong but I shed not one pound. In 2015 doing classic CICO, even low carb CICO, did not make a dent. Now that I know about Keto, IR, and fasting I'm hopeful this is the key to my specific issues. But I'm forever jittery that my body will betray me as it has so many times before. Regardless of my mental state, I am Keto for life now as I know this is how I feel best. I just also want to lose 30 more pounds & not taper off weight loss before reaching my goal like so many other times before.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to congratulate you. :)