Summer 2017 - Introductions

Options

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    What an awesome group of women gathered here to conquer our goals over the next 12 weeks. Thanks for organizing, Jessica!

Name: Rebecca
    Height: 5ft 2in
    Current Weight: 133.8 lbs (Started Dec. 4th 2017 at 155.6)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 127.8 lbs (0.5 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 122 lbs

Goals: Continue eating well and exercising. I prefer walking to running and have always exercised using a HRM and tracking all the data. Still using my HR as my compass for training but being less anal about it so I have more time to live my life.

My Motivation: In December I decided I didn't want to retire in poor health. FINALLY, I was able to stick to it and am on my way to losing weight I've lost before. I loss steadily until I got sick and it has taken me eleven weeks to get my groove back. It is motivating to me that I maintained during those eleven weeks by eating reasonably well. (That's not the way the story has ended in the past.) This past Saturday I finally got myself back on the treadmill. Having accountability partner(s) is a great motivator for me. Co-workers aren't very motivated to stick with it but have been very encouraging. I'm super excited to have found this group and look forward to our journey!

Hello Rebecca. You are quite welcome! Congrats on making positive changes and hitting the treadmill. I am glad you are excited and we are happy you are here with us. Good Luck to you!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Name: Jenna
    Height: 5ft 6
    Current Weight: 157.0 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 152 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weighi:140 lbs
    Goals: eating lower carb , low sugar, staying away from chips (my weakness) and getting back to regular exercise.
    My Motivation: my health, my energy level and the fact that all my clothes are too tight!

Hi Jenna. Thank you for joining us. LOL! I love chips as well; especially kettle chips...I guess its because they are crunchy. I eventually just stopped buying them and bringing them home and my desire for them went away. I like cheetos though so I am working on that. HAHA! Welcome to our group. Your regular exercise can begin with something as simple as a walk on your lunch break, a stroll with your children/grandchildren, if you have any or chores around the house. Whatever it is just get to moving. Good luck!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    iambrink wrote: »
    Name: Kim
    Height: 5ft 3
    Current Weight: 189.0 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 179 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weighi:150 lbs
    Goals: control bad habits, focus on mindful eating, journal all food and drinks, do some kind of physical activity 3-5 times a week to start.
    My Motivation: my tight clothes and achy hips!

Welcome to our group Kim. We are glad to have you. Definitely make sure you log any and everything you consume. It's the key to success. Good luck!
  • SageMolokai
    SageMolokai Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name (for MFP) is Sage.
    Height:5'8"
    CW: 195
    CGW: 175
    Ultimate GW: not sure, maybe 140?
    Goals: To become stronger all over and more flexible. I have this strange desire to do handsprings and cartwheels.
    Motivation: My sister's wedding in December is a big one. I'd like to look fit and healthy for that! I didn't do too well in the last challenge so I need all the motivation and accountability I can get!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name (for MFP) is Sage.
    Height:5'8"
    CW: 195
    CGW: 175
    Ultimate GW: not sure, maybe 140?
    Goals: To become stronger all over and more flexible. I have this strange desire to do handsprings and cartwheels.
    Motivation: My sister's wedding in December is a big one. I'd like to look fit and healthy for that! I didn't do too well in the last challenge so I need all the motivation and accountability I can get!

Hi Sage. Welcome to our group. A wedding is always a good reason to get in shape...whether you're a bride, guest or in the wedding party. You can do it. You will become stronger in time. Good luck to you!
  • mickhailaw
    mickhailaw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the add!!
    My name is Mickhaila. Im 27 y/o w/ a 7 year old daughter :) Im 4'11" & 130.8 pounds BUT my ideal weight is 110 :) ..I would love to lose 20lbs or close to it in 12 weeks before my birthday(sigh) So I hope you ladies can help me out on this journey & i'll do the same for you all!!!

Happy losing ladies :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mickhailaw wrote: »
    Thank you for the add!!
    My name is Mickhaila. Im 27 y/o w/ a 7 year old daughter :) Im 4'11" & 130.8 pounds BUT my ideal weight is 110 :) ..I would love to lose 20lbs or close to it in 12 weeks before my birthday(sigh) So I hope you ladies can help me out on this journey & i'll do the same for you all!!!

Happy losing ladies :)

You're very welcome. Thank you for joining us Mickhaila. You are in the right place for moral support. You CAN do this and YOU WILL! Please let us know a little about your workouts in our discussion this week. Thanks!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Name: Barbara
    Height: 5ft 8 in
    Current Weight: 283 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 265 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 220 lbs
    Goals: For the month of June I will be professionally walking dogs and working out (rowings, circuit training, cycling and TREADMILL)
    My Motivation: Health (A1C= 6.5) and Fertility
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Name: Barbara
    Height: 5ft 8 in
    Current Weight: 283 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 265 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 220 lbs
    Goals: For the month of June I will be professionally walking dogs and working out (rowings, circuit training, cycling and TREADMILL)
    My Motivation: Health (A1C= 6.5) and Fertility

Hi Barbara. Welcoming. We are here to support you. Good luck
  • gem88mfp
    gem88mfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi everyone thanks for letting me join.

name:Gemma
    height: 5ft4
    current weight: 12 stone 11 uk (179 lbs)
    challenge goal weight: 11stone (154 lbs)
    ultimate goal weight: 10 stone (140 lbs)
    goals: to become more fit and active, being a good bmi range for my height and weight
    motivation: my son, I want to have the energy to play lots with him and be a good role model
  • Maggieba
    Maggieba Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Name: Maggie
    Height: 5'10
    Current weight: 194
    Goal weight: 184
    Ultimate goal weight: 160/ 20%bf

Goals: consistently logging over summer. I have summers off, and I get lax about weighing & logging.
    Motivation: being a good role model for my kiddos

I started back lifting at the end of December and followed Strong Lifts until May. I've just finished weeks 1-4 of Strong Curves. I'm liking the results so far and ready to shed some fluff, especially now that I've just weaned baby #3.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    gem88mfp wrote: »
    hi everyone thanks for letting me join.

name:Gemma
    height: 5ft4
    current weight: 12 stone 11 uk (179 lbs)
    challenge goal weight: 11stone (154 lbs)
    ultimate goal weight: 10 stone (140 lbs)
    goals: to become more fit and active, being a good bmi range for my height and weight
    motivation: my son, I want to have the energy to play lots with him and be a good role model

Hello Gemma. Welcome aboard. Good luck on your health journey!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Maggieba wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Name: Maggie
    Height: 5'10
    Current weight: 194
    Goal weight: 184
    Ultimate goal weight: 160/ 20%bf

Goals: consistently logging over summer. I have summers off, and I get lax about weighing & logging.
    Motivation: being a good role model for my kiddos

I started back lifting at the end of December and followed Strong Lifts until May. I've just finished weeks 1-4 of Strong Curves. I'm liking the results so far and ready to shed some fluff, especially now that I've just weaned baby #3.

Hello Maggie...congrats on weaning!!!!! Whoo hoo! Tell us more about your lifting program in our workout section. It appears you are definitely on a good path. Keep up the great work!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    iambrink wrote: »
    Name: Kim
    Height: 5ft 3
    Current Weight: 189.0 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 179 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weighi:150 lbs
    Goals: control bad habits, focus on mindful eating, journal all food and drinks, do some kind of physical activity 3-5 times a week to start.
    My Motivation: my tight clothes and achy hips!

We're almost weight twins :)
  • iambrink
    iambrink Posts: 5 Member
    Options

[/quote]

We're almost weight twins :)[/quote]
    I had to go back and find you! Yes, we are hopefully going to lose the same too!
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!
    Name: Elizabeth
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 110-112
    Ultimate Goal weight:??
    Goals: continue to add weight to my lifts!! Not sure yet if I want to bulk and cut again. Can't decide. I'm considering posting pics and asking for opinions?

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hello all! This is my first challenge and I'm hoping I will be motivated to stick with it & see some results!

Name: Brianne
    Height: 5'3''
    Current Weight: 120
    Challenge Goal Weight: 114 (0.5 lbs/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 110
    Goals: Continue logging consistently, becoming more fit and active and "toned" (specifically in my abs and hip areas if I can), and going to try adding weights to my routine, which up until this point has been mainly cardio.
    My Motivation: Just wanting to start paying attention to my health and fitness while I am still young. I started my first "real" adult job, which is a desk job - I previously worked retail and was a student, so was walking around all day long. This sedentary lifestyle is not working out for me, and I am determined to get back in shape!
  • blairmohr
    blairmohr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I'm behind on introductions, but better late then never. :)

Name: Blair
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 173lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: ?? Not sure, maybe 160 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145 lbs but I'm looking more for inches then weight
    Goals: To lose all the baby weight (I have a 9 months old), to have more will power to say no to fats and to make working out just a way of life instead of something I feel like I have to do.
    And to wear a bathing suit without a cover up and not want the lights off when with my husband.
    My Motivation: my 4 girls, my closet full of clothes and heals that I miss wearing, and taking family pictures I can proud of even printed as an 8x10
  • lovelife747
    lovelife747 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time a community group like this. I am sort of anti social media but I really need help staying motivated so I thought I would give it a try.

Name: Lori
    Height: 5'6"
    Current weight: 279lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 250lbs I know it is lofty
    Ultimate goal weight: 170lbs
    Goal: I want to take back my life. I enjoy being active but due to problems with my feet I became less and less active and gained a lot of weight. My foot problems are fixed and now I want my body and flexibility back.
    Motivation: I want to look and feel sexy again. I am a girly girl and want to fit in the fun and sexy clothes I love.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time a community group like this. I am sort of anti social media but I really need help staying motivated so I thought I would give it a try.

Name: Lori
    Height: 5'6"
    Current weight: 279lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 250lbs I know it is lofty
    Ultimate goal weight: 170lbs
    Goal: I want to take back my life. I enjoy being active but due to problems with my feet I became less and less active and gained a lot of weight. My foot problems are fixed and now I want my body and flexibility back.
    Motivation: I want to look and feel sexy again. I am a girly girl and want to fit in the fun and sexy clothes I love.

Welcome, Lori. I too am a bit anti social media. I just am not a fan of posting any thoughts or actions. This group is so very positive and supportive, that even if you don't want to put yourself out there that much, if you "lurk" as you read through everyone's comments, they will make you feel motivated, positive and many times, just laugh at life. Don't be afraid to speak up, but also, don't feel obligated to do more than you are comfortable. You will find these ladies are awesome!