JUMP IN June 2017: Week 2 (6/8-6/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
Inevitable repeat of blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
New month knocking on the door, new challenge.
This month's theme comes to you courtesy of @kfat1
kfat1 wrote: »
JUMP IN June....a motivational challenge? Jump on in, feet first, full steam ahead, make a plan and jump right into it with all your determination, no excuses, just get it done! Make weekly goals,challenges and just jump in and do it! By the end of June, look back at your challenges and see which ones you JUMPED IN and GOT DONE!

Excellent idea!

The challenge starts tomorrow. So go ahead and post your goals, whether it be nailing down plan basics, increasing your fitness, or adopting healthy habits. A few of you suggested a jumping jack challenge for yourselves. Anything is fair game as long as it's in pursuit of your health or fitness.

Jump on in!

10-motivational-quotes-kick-start-large-msg-134307587259.jpg

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Took me a bit. My latptop battery won't recognize the charger, won't charge at all while I'm using it, and only occasionally charges while the computer is hibernating...dumbness. I'll probably have to hand it off to the compu-genius hubby later.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping into the final month of P90X3, which is usually where I loose steam and quit, so my biggest goal for June is to FINISH!

Status - I've been getting the strength workouts, but slacking a bit on the others - once ballet recital is done this weekend I'm going to start being fierce about getting them ALL!!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay in nutritional ketosis range so I will still be slightly below my original goal weight on my birthday 7/2. I use a breathanalyzer, so that means .05 or higher through out the day. I do at least two tests a day.
    6/9 .09

Hope everyone is progressing well. Summer is just around the corner, yea!

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Trying to stick to my carb goals and get in my planned workouts. Did well when traveling although I gave up on trying to log it.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So far I'm keeping up with my 3x week 30 Day Shred goal. Still a lot of weight to lose but pleased to be spending this summer 10 pounds lighter than I was last summer.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My last 2 days have been a bust with any sort of exercise. Too much work and the same will continue tomorrow. Today was trusses, piers and girders. Tomorrow is water, mold and mice. :):#
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    6/8 I did my Kettlebell workout this morning. Took a 2.5 mile walk. Carbs and calories were good.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Today marks the completion of one full week of near-daily workouts. Overall, it's going well, though my back is not happy today, making this really where the rubber meets the road.

Today's lower body day, which has thus far meant lunges and squats. I got a few sets of lunges in, but not as many squats as previous sessions, because of my back. So, it looks like it's going to be calf and leg raises in the mix today.

I haven't weighed myself yet today, though the scale's been pretty stable, which I expect, given the new workout routine and accompanying inflammation on top of the natural repair process. The scale's behavior has hinted at being on the verge of dropping (due to it's sensitivity), which is promising, though I don't expect it to actually happen for a little while yet.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Failing my June goals miserably. I've been putting in lots of overtime at work leaving me no time for anything else. I have to go out of town for work next week and am packing workout clothes to at least hit the elliptical at the hotel each morning.

My first big off the wagon moment in about a year was this week. My son's birthday-had cake batter, sugared whipped cream filling, chocolate frosting all while making the cake. Then had a slice of cake with ice cream after dinner that night. UGH! My body is trying to tell me I'm hungry when I'm not the rest of this week as a result.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My son's birthday-had cake batter, sugared whipped cream filling, chocolate frosting all while making the cake. Then had a slice of cake with ice cream after dinner that night. UGH! My body is trying to tell me I'm hungry when I'm not the rest of this week as a result.

Arg. Been there. Old habits have this way of raising their ugly head. It is what you do consistently that matters. 51 out of 52 weeks is pretty darn good! Good you've moved on.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Aqua aerobics and Tai Chi this week -- yea!
    macchiatto wrote: »
    16k steps today!

I'm impressed! I'm lucky if I can get in 8K. :D
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    I was able to do my StrongLifts and kettle bell workout today walked around outside with my dog for a couple of hours. We are going to go to the burger war Youth fundraiser tonight. Already documented all the meat, cheese and bacon that I plan on eating! Looking forward to it fantastic evening! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Still keeping up with my exercises. Fell in love with a new cheese today. Beemster Classic 18-month Gouda……yuuummm.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I did another blow test for ketones. I had completed over 10k steps, broke my fast with eggs benedict /wo English muffin and hash browns, had lunch, a naked Wagyu burger with side salad and I was at 1.0, higher than when I got up this AM. I am pretty darned happy to eat like this and stay in a good level of ketosis. :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    6/8: rest
    6/9: trail run with hiking intervals. Fell and landed on my face within literally the first minute of the run. Proud of myself for not quitting...lol