OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Replies

• hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2017
    06/09 - 200.40 (OMAD Day 74) *36g Carbs* I very much expected this small bounce today which is why I refereed to my visiting into "onederland" as a "tagging" and not fully embracing the notion that that bar had been conquered. If you look at any of the previous bars (5 lb increments) that I conquered the pattern is the same.

STEP 1 = Break under the bar after an extended fast.
    STEP 2 = bounce back up above the bar after a couple of feeding days
    STEP 3 = Take the bar out completely never to see it again after the next extended fast.

As unpredictable as the body can be this methodology has been as consistent as clock work for me these past couple of months. I think the fact that I'm not dealing with different variables like meal and food choices, fluctuation in amount and what liquids I consume, level of activity or not (as I have not factored activity into the equation at all at this time and therefore do not rely on it for weight loss or maintenance of loss), what medicines or other chemicals I ingest that could result in my body retaining water. With all these constants in my favor it has been easier to predict how my body will react after each day.

So today I will break my 30 hr fast with a "go to" meal at 1:00 PM which should result in a small bounce or staying the same. This should then set me up for taking out the 200 bar after my 42 hour fast on Saturday. That is the plan I have before me anyway which aligns with the spreadsheet I shared a few days ago.
    xq1cn69rc6da.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You'll be back into Onederland soon Im sure, you're very dedicated!!! :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Oh this is nothing. You are going to bid goodbyes to 200's tomorrow :smiley:
  • hjstewart40
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Oh this is nothing. You are going to bid goodbyes to 200's tomorrow :smiley:

Well Sunday for sure :wink:
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Great documentation, appreciate it. I like your method of mixing things up. Have a question about the burrito bowls. I looked on their website, they don't have them, do you have to ask for them to be made? And do you find them to be salty, causing water retention? I'm trying to find go-tos like that and they are right across the street from work. I'd have to buy it on the way in and warm it for lunch, but those look good!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    OMAD2017 wrote: »
    Great documentation, appreciate it. I like your method of mixing things up. Have a question about the burrito bowls. I looked on their website, they don't have them, do you have to ask for them to be made? And do you find them to be salty, causing water retention? I'm trying to find go-tos like that and they are right across the street from work. I'd have to buy it on the way in and warm it for lunch, but those look good!
    Thanks for the comments. Let me try to answer your questions.

1- I only recently found out that asking them to give you the burritos in a bowl is a something they support. I now see a lot of people requesting this just as they are asking for the burger without the bun at places like Wendy's and McDonald's. Enough people are requesting these modifications now that it is not see as abnormal. So don't be afraid to just ask "give me a Chicken Breakfast Burrito in a Bowl, without the tortilla". I would bet they have done it many times before.

2- Regarding the calorie content, for that I turned to MyFitnessPal where I found others had already entered the bowls into the system. Each Chicken Burrito Bowl is listed as 250 calories X 2, and each Sausage Burrito Bowl is listed as 340 calories X 2.

3- Regarding do I find them salty. In fact just the opposite. So much so that I took my "Morton's Lite Salt" with me the last time and sprinkled it on each and every bowl. Remember keeping your salt intake up is critical to those that are fasting. Not enough and you soon find your self crashing with no energy and feeling lethargic. I use that on everything I eat.

Hope that helps!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/10 - 200.00 (OMAD Day 75) *0g Carbs* I'm very happy with this number today as once again I come back down to between .20 and .60 of my extended fasted weight of 199.80. This sets me up nicely to take out that 200 bar completely with the results of my 42 hour fast which ends at weigh in tomorrow morning. It's pretty cool that I hit the round number of 200 on my 75th day of OMAD, which by the way also marks 45 lbs gone with about 25 more to go. All nice round numbers :)
    hvbdojecn9s8.jpg
    nn6qrhevubd8.png

• OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Thank you so much for the information & congrats!! You're about to bounce out of the 200s for good!!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/11 - 198.60 (OMAD Day 76) *0g Carbs* I was off by .20 of my estimate as I thought I would come in at around 198.40 based on previous sessions. I think it is safe to say I have now conquered the 200 lb bar. Even MyFitnessPal recognizes this by now showing the bar in my graph. They did not show it when I tagged it the other day. It's like they said hey, when you seriously take this thing out then we will bother showing it :)

I am so thankful for this day as today I feel I truly can forget about putting that 2 in front of my weight. I still have a ways to go but this is semi-uncharted territory for the past 10 years. What is even more amazing is when I move down into the 197's this will be a number I have not seen in 30 years! I would be kidding if I said there was not level of anxiety as I move into this new range. Still I see the changes in the mirror and I know I still have some work to do. So very grateful for all the support as I continue my journey forward.

For now I am heading over to waffle house to break this fast and get me a nice T-bone steak with grilled mushrooms & onions and some cheesy scrambled eggs. Life if good!
    g59e6wdh84o2.jpg
    NEW FASTING SCHEDULE: I posted my Fasting schedule for this upcoming week as well. I like that there are really only 2 days this week of no eating as I feel I need to add to the reserves in my tank a bit. I managed to stay 100% true to last weeks spreadsheet and I see no reason why this week will be any different.
    q8dd85olour1.png

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Awesome job. Your permanent onederland license has just arrived and you can now throw the temporary one away. You are such an inspiration. I look forward to reading your journal just as much or maybe even more than posting and viewing my own. Keep up the good work. I have done a fasting schedule as well after being inspired by yours. By following my new schedule, I was able to post a 4 pound loss this week. Here's to reaching our goals.

- Tracey
  • hjstewart40
    Awesome job. Your permanent onederland license has just arrived and you can now throw the temporary one away. You are such an inspiration. I look forward to reading your journal just as much or maybe even more than posting and viewing my own. Keep up the good work. I have done a fasting schedule as well after being inspired by yours. By following my new schedule, I was able to post a 4 pound loss this week. Here's to reaching our goals.

- Tracey

Tracey I can't put into words what this post means to me. Thank you, 100 times thank you!
  • tlblanksfit
    You are quite welcome.
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/12 - 198.60 (OMAD Day 77) *7g Carbs* Wow so awesome that I was able to stay the same after a very nice drop on the last 42 hour fast. This will set me up nicely for the next extended fast for sure.

I had one delicious meal yesterday thanks to the great establishment of Waffle House. A nice big 10 oz T-Bone smothered in grilled onions and mushrooms with a side of 4 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of cheese. All coming in around 1,200 calories. I honestly believe I could eat this as my single me every day and would not complain one bit. It's really nice to know that I can have a meal as good as this one and still stay the same with no gain or give back whatsoever.

This really sets me up nicely for when I move into phase II of this program where I go back to the gym (based on current trend I would say in the next 45-60 days). Based on the experience I am seeing now holding the weight with one normal meal might allow me to add more calories on the days I go to the gym and still be able to maintain my weight. I'm just now starting to think about what changes/tweaks I will need to make once I get into maintenance in 2-3 months.

If you followed me at all you will see I'm constantly tinkering based on the results I see until I hone in to the best combination. Regardless of what that ultimately looks like rest assured it will be based on the foundation of intermittent fasting just as I am doing now.
    pgow8ql57biv.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    I can't tell if you add additional fats to your foods to remain in ketosis. I like keto, but my last labs showed elevated cholesterol levels. I had been doing the Bulletproof coffees and adding other fats and stopped them after my results came back. I know low carb is best for me as far as my weight loss goes. I guess what I am asking is if you are doing High Fat Low Carb or just Low Carb and can I do low carb without all of the added fats and still get to a state of ketosis where I am burning body fat? I hope you get what I am asking.
  • hjstewart40
    I have included a break down of my typical macros. They are usually 65/35/0 on average. I try to get 90-100 grams of protein each day and the rest of the calories come from fat by default as I limit my carbs.

I don't subscribe to ingesting higher fat supplements like bullet proof coffee or fat bombs as once your in ketosis, which I am based on the red meter for 67 days, my body is already in fat burning mode. The conclusion I came to was why give it more external fat to burn when I have more than enough internal stored fat to spare? I have seen others much more experienced than me come to this same conclusion.

I am just sharing my thoughts and the conclusions I have made and at the end of the day they are just that, my point of view. Hope this helps.
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Thank you, I think I will go the Keto route without adding the additional fats as well. I will check my ketone levels in the morning since I am doing an extended fast today and see where I am. I get my blood work done again on July 18th so I hope the elimination of the added fats will get me back down to normal levels. Do you eat ANY vegetables?
  • hjstewart40
    Thank you, I think I will go the Keto route without adding the additional fats as well. I will check my ketone levels in the morning since I am doing an extended fast today and see where I am. I get my blood work done again on July 18th so I hope the elimination of the added fats will get me back down to normal levels. Do you eat ANY vegetables?

Yes I am not opposed to eating vegetables at all and you see from time to time in my photos I have them added to the plate. I have been a little more restrictive these past couple months more for the sake of being able to repeat my results and not have any unknowns. As I move into maintenance I will be adding different foods back on to my plate. Take care!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

I think that is the right approach. On the LCHF forum, a lot advocate to not add extra fat. They say get required amount of protein and not more, very little carb, and then if trying to lose weight, the less fat the better is what I've gotten out of reading there.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member

I think that is the right approach. On the LCHF forum, a lot advocate to not add extra fat. They say get required amount of protein and not more, very little carb, and then if trying to lose weight, the less fat the better is what I've gotten out of reading there.[/quote]

This could explain why I'm still gaining. I didn't know this.
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/13 - 198.00 (OMAD Day 78) *0g Carbs* 30 HOUR FAST NEW LOW! A nice surprise today with a bigger loss than expected for an non-42 hour extended fast. I will take in this data point and adjust my schedule accordingly. As you know from the spreadsheet I was scheduled to do a 42 hour extended fast today. That changes now as I will instead opt for refilling my reserves and go with a 23 hour fast and have another round of my "go to" meal. If in fact this results in more losses tomorrow then I will repeat the cycle until my losses stall.

This is what is so nice about this system. You have just the right amount of tools in your belt to use no matter what the situation presents. There is no need for me to be hard headed and stick with a plan I scheduled two weeks ago when the results call for something else. With as much extended fasting that I am doing I really have to watch my reserves as I can feel when they are getting low as this translates into lack of energy. I have now had 4 extended 42 hour fasts in a row all of which were followed by 30 hour extended so my reserves are at an all time low. I still have good energy but I do find my batteries running low around 8:00 at night. So anyway, I will listen to my body and adjust my schedule today accordingly. Tomorrow will be another reevaluation.

BTW one thing that I don't mention here much but something that is part of my daily routine is apple cider vinegar. I drink a 32 oz mug of a combination of (3) tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, club soda and topped off with plain iced tea. I drink this on my way to work every morning. Sour as all get out but seems there is a lot of buzz out there to it's benefits and it does sure seem to help me in many ways. I have now drank that concoction for 78 days straight without fail.
    p825gk66gi0d.jpg

"Go To" Meal 1,240 Calories/0 Grams of Carbs = 67/33/0: (98g of Protein, 91g of Fat, 0g of Carbs)
    • (4) Eggs (*280)
    • (1) Pad of butter (*35)
    • (2) Slices of Munster Cheese (*160)
    • (6) oz Rib-Eye Steak (*485)
    • (1) Tin of Sardines (*230)
    • (2) Cups of Coffee w/half & half (*50)