OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

hjstewart40
hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
04/18 - 217.20 (OMAD DAY 22) Stumbled onto this group and so glad I did. I will start posting what I had the day before and the results. As you can see I had one heck of a spike up from Easter Sunday. I have no idea why I went from 217.00 to 219.80. It would have been different if I had indulged in peanut butter eggs or chocolate of any kind, but I did not. I did eat more ham than I normally would have. Anyway, all of that is water under the bridge and today I'm back down to normal range. Looking for 216's very soon ;)
rzz12q18q95k.jpg

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would blame the ham because it has a lot of salt, It's just water weight though...You will be at 216 soon :)
  • hjstewart40
    04/19 - 216.60 (OMAD DAY 23) ZERO CARB worked out really well. I will stick with this for awhile. I am about out of steak so I bought a bunch of rib-eyes and I will cook them on the grill today. I will go ahead and cut them up and sort them out into 6 oz bags to be frozen for the next couple of weeks. I'm feeling really good and I am definitely sold on the apple cider vinegar in the morning. It seems to give me a nice energy pop and I must say I seem to be losing fat where I did not on previous diets.
    fvbus7inh4kg.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Good job!!! :)
  • hjstewart40
    04/20 - 216.20 (OMAD Day 24) ZERO CARB again without any problems. I cooked up and cut up a bunch of rib-eyes and put in the freezer in 6 ounce portions. I have enough now for about 12 days. I have the same amount of days for the salmon as well. I'm starting to think I may want to cut down on the size of the salmon filet each day as it is a bit too much for me to eat. I am forever grateful for this OMAD way and the things it is doing for me that go way beyond just losing the weight.
    wjx3kn6u9zoc.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    @hjstewart40 Fantastic!
  • hjstewart40
    04/21 - 215.60 (OMAD Day 25) ZERO CARB again without any problems. I am very thankful for this overnight loss. I've been thinking of adding rotisserie chicken into my rotation. I think it will help me to pull out the salmon and replace with a nice 1/4 chicken thigh/leg combo for the same 300 calories. I can do the same thing by buying 2-3 chickens, cutting them up and putting them in zip lock bags to be frozen for later use. I am also thinking to do the same with bacon to rotate out with the steak. If this is going to be my base for some time I feel like I need some nice interchangeable choices that still hit my macros and can be prepared quickly when I come home around 1:30 PM.
    q0g06zur82kt.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Yay!!! :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Amazing. Admirable. What is that glowing Ketonix thing in your picture?
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Wonderful! I am going to try the low carb diet and see the progress :) Its so difficult to go without any carbs, especially being so used to eating grains since childhood :neutral:
  • hjstewart40
    amflautist wrote: »
    Amazing. Admirable. What is that glowing Ketonix thing in your picture?

Each morning I breathe into device and it measures how deep I'm in Ketosis. There are several colors that correspond to how deep. Red is the deepest (which while eating zero/low carbs you would expect), other colors like orange, yellow and green indicate lower levels. I use it as a motivator for me as I don't want to break my streak. I know so long as this registers red I am a "fat burner" and not a "sugar burner".

• hjstewart40
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Its so difficult to go without any carbs, especially being so used to eating grains since childhood :neutral:

Oh I agree whole heartedly. Just like Joe (OMAD REVOLUTION) says in many of his videos, there is a transition period that we all have to go through to get on the other side (transition from sugar to fat burners) Once there though life becomes a little easier. it still takes commitment and flat out "want to" but it is very doable.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Great job!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Good job.
  • hjstewart40
    edited April 2017
    04/22 - 215.00 (OMAD Day 26) ZERO CARB I am very thankful for this overnight loss. I have a few milestones associated with this 215 lb weigh in. I had a soft goal of being at 215 by the end of April which I have met 8 days early. I say it was a soft goal as you never know the rate in which you will lose. I am grateful for the number just the same. Also, since the beginning of tracking in MyFitnessPal several years ago when my starting weight was 245 I am now down 30 lbs from my all time high. So another significant milestone reached there as well. Finally, this puts me at the half way mark of my goal weight of 185. I plan to take Joe's advice and target 175 in order to give me that 10 lb bumper. Needless to say I am very happy about all these data points.
    7p74ywi04wrs.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Sweet, sweet, sweet! Yay for your soft goal and for reaching your milestone!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You will reach all your goals! You have a great attitude!
  • Brendalea69
    That's great!!! :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You're doing so great! I am inspired by your diet and have gone low carb since friday and its working for me too :smiley:
  • hjstewart40
    edited April 2017
    04/23 - 214.60 (OMAD Day 27) LOW CARB I'm so appreciative of the overnight loss. I had to extend my fast from the typical 1:30 PM meal all the way to 5:30 PM (had to wait until the restaurant opened) but it was really not that difficult to do. I think if I were still burning sugar instead of fat I would have been ready to chew my arm off but that is one of the very best side affects of being in deep deep ketosis, you never really get that famished feeling anymore. Quite honestly I felt like I could have just turned the day into a full fast and would have had no problem with that at all. My wife and I wanted to try out a different restaurant so I did not.

That image below is of a 21 ounce Bone in Rib-eye with a side of low calorie steamed veggies (the only reason I went from zero carb to low carb on the day). Now I don't know if that weight included the weight of the bone or not and could not find the answer on the internet. It was very good no matter what the final numbers were and it resulted in an overnight loss so it's all good. I will say I like the way I feel when going to bed having eaten at 1:30 than I do after eating at 5:30. My stomach just still feels so full when I eat later in the day. I will go back to my normal eating time today.

Thanks for all the support everybody!

z3tst31tflv6.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    Low carb is great!!! Awesome loss!!! :)