OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Options

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I always look forward to your daily results :) Great job!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Whhooaa! Your results are fantastic! I keep waiting for your daily updates. What a progress! Awesome :smiley:
  • hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    04/29 - 213.40 (OMAD Day 33) *0g Carbs* Progress is still progress no matter how small. This is a good example of why you don't try to project how quickly you will get to a number. Every time I have done that in the past it has blown up in my face. I will just continue on with the grind knowing that I will get to my goal in the end no matter how long it takes. I can take pride in how I feel along the journey as it is so much better than when I first started. Supplies are still holding up with a new shipment of sardines coming in today. These will have the skin on them so I think I will like the taste of these even better. I can't stress enough how important watching you tube videos of people who have succeeded with IF and OMAD specifically helps me each day. I find it keeps the focus sharp and re-motivates me each time I watch them.

"Success consists of a series of little daily victories" - Laddie F. Hutar

As always, thanks for the support and I wish you the very best with your personal journey.
    85b409kdvrwr.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You're right, a loss is a loss no matter how small :) KUTGW!!!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great results! This way of eating really seems to be working for you. Love how you present the facts so objectively.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have to develop that mindset, that a loss is a loss! I struggle to accept small numbers. You're doing great!
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    04/30 - 213.40 (OMAD Day 34) *14g Carbs* I went out for a late lunch with my wife yesterday and ate a few more calories than I usually do at closer to 1,400. I did keep my carbs very low. While I did not show an overnight loss something magical did happen this morning. As I was pulling my belt in to my newly discovered 3rd notch I realized that I could actually now pull it in to the 4th notch! How can this be as I just reached my 3rd notch less than 2 weeks ago? It is these amazing non scale based victories that I find save me when I don't get the weigh in I expect.. I look in the mirror every day and I think I am seeing the same ole person yet little by little my body is changing, in many ways that are not noticeable to the naked eye.
    l2xbt4fe1ocv.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Congrats on one less notch in your belt!!! :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congrats :) you're doing well!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Nice on the belt!
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    Options
    05/01 - 212.60 (OMAD Day 35) *0g Carbs* 48 HOUR FAST. I decided after being on OMAD for over 30 days now that I would try some of the "Next Level Stuff " that Joe describes in his video. This lead me to skip my one meal yesterday and pick back up today at my regularly scheduled time (48 hours later). I did consume about 72 calories on the day with coffee & a splash of cream. I am going to try and do what Joe suggests by adding in a fasting day once a week. If things don't work out for a given week I won't fret but lets say I will plan for one tentatively each week. I will say this, as a fat burner there was not much discomfort involved. As suggested, I did not do much physical activity on the day so it really worked out well. I am so thankful that almost magically I am drawn to the information I need to keep my journey fresh and on the right track. I am very thankful for that and all the support.
    df18crfusxyn.jpg
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You all are braver then me! A full fast, the thought scares me!
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    You all are braver then me! A full fast, the thought scares me!

The only way I felt comfortable doing it was after I was fully KETO adapted. It really was not bad at all I must say

• hjstewart40
    Options
    05/02 - 212.00 (OMAD Day 36) *1g Carbs* I am so thankful for the overnight loss. It seems maybe that 48 hour fast on Sunday kicked something back in gear as I had a more substantial loss today. Regardless I will continue on and sprinkle those in from time to time. I have decided to try and cut out 1 of my cups of coffee each day (11:00 AM) to bring my total down to 2 per day. We will see how this goes. I watched some more of Joe's videos (still have a lot to go) but really love the one entitled "Timeline of Changes" where he breaks down the journey into phases. I am currently between phase 3 and heading to phase 4 (60 Day) where he he says I will see more energy and enthusiasm, I will start to experience a "hunger high", I will have broken through all the plateaus, and finally I will be back in touch with my instincts. Thank you Joe for spending the countless hours creating these videos. This is such an important part of my journey.
    pdwb673m2kdf.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    You are doing really good :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your daily messages, your focus on each day. One day at a time. I'm going to do that this week! Thank you.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Amazing :smiley:
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    Options
    05/03 - 212.00 (OMAD Day 37) *2g Carbs* I stayed the same today but I know that internal stored fat continues to melt like butter to a hot flame. Just continue grinding. For the past 2 days I have been able to get into dress shirts that used to belong to my son. I would have never been able to get into these before as I could not even button them. Now they fit and look nice. That is my non weight loss number pick me up for the day. I ran across a product that I am going to try out that meets my macros and might be a nice change of pace to fish The product is called "Real Good Pizza" and the unique thing about this pizza is the crust is made out of chicken breast and parmesan cheese (4g carbs). The pizzas come in single serving size and run from 250-275 calories. Anyway I bought some and they are supposed to arrive today. I read an article that those who post pictures of what they eat each day on social media feel a sense of accountability. I can definitely relate to that. I appreciate that MyFitnessPal provides such a forum to do that AND I thank you all for the continued support.
    93ludckiqn3a.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I saw those pizzas somewhere, please let us know how you like them :)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    https://www.ketoconnect.net/recipe/no-carb-pizza/ I'm going to try this, pizza is a hard thing to give up :) We cant get good things like that where I am in Canada :(