OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Options

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I could not be more happy with my progress and more importantly the way I am feeling right now. Everything is clicking on all cylinders. I have been on so many diet plans before, but never have I had such a feeling around my ability to succeed with this one. It is hard to explain but I now see OMAD as a way of life for me that gives me everything back I had been missing for the past 30 years. Even the bottom of my feet feel different now. I used to have some occasionally tingling (which I know is not a good sign) but ever since these 42 days of KETO based OMAD meals that has all but disappeared.

Incredibly good news. You are an inspiration for me. Especially your daily posts.

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    amazing progress! your chart looks amazing!
  • hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    05/09 - 210.40 (OMAD Day 43) *15g Carbs* One of those unexplained spikes up along the way that just seem to be part of the journey. I am so thankful for the stored fat burning off my body like butter to a hot flame. The past couple days I have been closer to the top end of my 1,200-1,400 calorie range so today I will back it off a bit.

I finally made it through all of Joe's videos one time through. I saw his latest last night on High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). I will start doing that as part of phase II of my journey once I get within in my weight range of 170-185 lbs. So far I have been able to lose 35 lbs with out starting back on an exercise plan. I will stick with Joe's advice to hold off until I get closer to my range.
    2ewib6t2ivmp.jpg
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You are so dedicated! You're an inspiration
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by you. Love your graph :smiley:
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    05/10 - 210.80 (OMAD Day 44) *20g Carbs* I'm going to go back to my classic 0 carb meal today of 6 oz of steak, 1/2 salmon filet, and 5 fried eggs today. I want to see if things pick back up when I get closer to no carbs. Its all about tweaks and adjustments along the way and never about the plan. The OMAD plan for me is A+ solid and I can't imagine life any other way. Hard to believe I am on day 44 already. Still in deep ketosis as the glaring red light indicates. I just need to keep the grind going knowing that I will eventually break back under 210 and continue my journey to all my target goals.
    ulksqta5qany.jpg
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Great going! Its going to happen soon. :smiley:
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    05/11 - 210.00 (OMAD Day 45) *0g Carbs* I'm very thankful that I am back moving down right back to that all important bar. My reduced meal yesterday of around 1,100 calories seemed to do the trick. I will repeat this same meal today and tomorrow and then follow that up with my weekly 48 hour fast on Saturday. That will allow me to enjoy a nice Mother's day dinner at around the 48 hour mark. I have been thinking alot about this and reading a lot on reddit and I am thinking of trying to add in 2 days out of every week with a full 48 hour fast. So the way I am thinking it would work would be I would eat 3 days in a row OMAD as per usual, and then follow that up with a 48 hour fast which would then be followed up by 3 days of eating. So basically 48 fast after 3 consecutive days of eating. I'm not 100% sure on this yet but that is my plan. I keep getting directed this way so it must be the right thing to do. We shall see.
    rp0t7qro8j7e.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a good plan :)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    I want to do the 48 hr fasts too.. Would look out for your results and decide :smiley:
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    Options
    05/12 - 209.60 (OMAD Day 46) *0g Carbs* NEW LOW! I am so thankful for the overnight loss. Seems this reduced calorie (1,100) intake is working like a charm. I will repeat this again today (last frozen bag of steak) and then on Saturday I will do my 48 hour fast.

My energy level is very consistent through out the day but I will say by the time it reaches 9:30 I am ready to hit the sack. The point is there is never a time during the day where I have LOW ENERGY just steady flow. I know with previous programs there would come a time where I felt weak and uninspired. With OMAD every morning feels like Christmas and more often than not things work out really well.

I feel like I have finally broke through the 210 bar and should not (fingers crossed) ever see that number again. I flirted with it before but quickly snapped back into reality. This time however it was more of a methodical approach to the number and now I feel like I own it. ha ha!
    Fun Fact: I have now registered RED on the Ketonix meter for 36 days in a row! (I really refer to this as the cheat meter as there is no way you can eat carbs or sugars of any kind and even think about registering red)
    ekihzzwea9ke.jpg
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    05/13 - 208.80 (OMAD Day 47) *0g Carbs* NEW LOW! I'm digging that huge overnight loss. I am so appreciative that my effort is paying off each and every day. I did not do anything different from the previous days so I can't really explain it. Just chalk another one off to the mystery of the human body. So today is my scheduled 48 hour fast (already 17 hours into it) and definitely feel like I can pull it off. I did hesitate a bit when I saw how much I lost overnight but it is the plan I set forth from the beginning of the week so I think I will stick to it. Also with Mother's Day tomorrow I might have a bigger meal this might act as a nice buffer to that. It is all about planning in this phase. You just have to be prepared for whatever might pop up and have at least a plan B and even C ready for when you need it.

I chatted with my son at length about intermittent fasting yesterday. He is 18 (into fitness) and totally gets it. He has already set up a 16/8 type of routine and says this will be part of his life forever. So happy for him as I wish I knew then what I know now. All the gyrations they put us through with misinformation on LOW FAT and the need for all these servings of GRAINS and FRUITS. It really is a shame BUT lucky for him he has his entire life ahead of him to apply the this wonderful way of life. So grateful for that!
    muttyxnl4zx4.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Good job :)
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    Options
    05/14 - 207.60 (OMAD Day 48) *0g Carbs* 48 HOUR FAST NEW LOW! I'm amazed at the results today. Every time I think I have things figured out I realize I don't. Usually I only see about .60 to .80 overnight loss as a result of my 48 hour fast (well technically I am weighing in at around the 40 hour mark) but this time a full 1.2 lbs. I will take that all day long. This is now the 3rd week in a row that I managed to fit in one 48 hour fast. I really really like it and it is not difficult at all. I will definitely continue that for the foreseeable future. I had debated doing one every 3-4 days but I see no need at this time as my weight loss is progressing at a good pace.

I will break my fast at the Mother Day celebration. Happy Mother's Day to all your mothers out there. We are having Chicken Marseillaise with broccoli and kale salad with raisins. I should be able to pull a keto friendly plate for about 1,200 calories out of that, so long as I avoid the banana pudding, Oh my that stuff as I recall is unbelievable. Having not consumed sugars of any kind really for nearly 50 days I am sure that would put me in a comma and flip my red light to green for sure. Just writing all that out tells me it is not worth it and I really have no desire to mess up the good thing I have going now.
    6pxr91igf8ow.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Awesome!!! :)
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    05/15 - 208.00 (OMAD Day 49) *57g Carbs* I ticked up every so slightly after my Mother's Day meal. I honestly thought this came in a little light on the calories but as you can see it was quite a bit heavier on the carbs than I usually eat. I seem to do much better the closer I stay to zero carbs. I will really try to do that a majority of my week. The good news is I was able to stay strong and stay away from the banana pudding. The cheat meter blaring red proves that to be true. At 57g of carbs I even wondered if that would be enough to flip me out of ketosis, evidently not.

So on to this week where I will look to keep my carbs close to zero and my calories under 1,200 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday my daughter is graduating so we will all be going out to dinner. Saturday I will tentatively plan for my FAST day followed by a nice Sunday break of the fast. Living life intentionally!
    scknzveo0fwl.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    That's not really much of a gain with those extra carbs...Good luck the rest of the week :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You sure are losing at a fast rate!
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    05/16 - 209.20 (OMAD Day 50) *3g Carbs* I guess these unexplained spikes up are going to continue to sprinkle themselves in from time to time. By logging this over the past 50 days I have the advantage of historical data to show me that this is just part of the process and how best to get things back on track. In the past simply by going back to 6 oz of steak, 4 eggs and a tin of sardines seem to do the trick. I bought supplies yesterday so I will apply that today. Not much else to say just need to keep the grind alive.
    4mt0wbncv5h3.jpg
  • hjstewart40
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You sure are losing at a fast rate!

I would agree but then things like today happen. Oh well just part of the process I guess and to be expected when weighing every day as I do.