next a USA Today report on bacon?

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    The brainwashing was so successful even I find myself still being impacted by it. Watching 50-70 years friends dying weekly just because of diet is a hard pill to swallow.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

It may be that coconut oil and other saturated fats are healthy in certain amounts or proportions to other fats, and if so, this might vary among different people/genotypes...

Thanks to the (continuing) demonization >:) of saturated fats over the last several decades and the glacial pace of change, research in this and many other areas of interest to us ketophiles remains in woefully short supply. :/
  • RalfLott
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Stephen Phinney on the significant differences in how saturated fat is processed in carb-burners v. keto/fat-adapted.

https://youtu.be/IMJAjmXFpR0
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile in Canada, they're thinking of putting fat warning labels on whole milk and cheese. Crazy innit?
    cbcnews

• RalfLott
    Options
    Here's a reply to the AHA from High Intensity Health. (He recommends an advanced (NMR) lipoprotein study to see how your HF is affecting your lipids.)

https://youtu.be/NnL83BmnjOg
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Here's a reply to the AHA from High Intensity Health. (He recommends an advanced (NMR) lipoprotein study to see how your HF is affecting your lipids.)

https://youtu.be/NnL83BmnjOg

Last month running the NMR gave me Peace of mind over 300+ total cholesterol. I ordered it from lifeextension while on sale for $75.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    @GaleHawkins - Thanks for the tip! Does LE have monthly specials, or do you have to sign up for emails?
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    The last deep sale ended 31 May and at 11:55 pm I purchased another male panel ($199)and NMR panel ($75) for some future date. They have smaller discount sales.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Stephen Phinney on the significant differences in how saturated fat is processed in carb-burners v. keto/fat-adapted.

This guys is one of my faves, on the low carb front. In my top 5.

• RalfLott
    edited June 2017
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »

This guys is one of my faves, on the low carb front. In my top 5.

Stephen Phinney is #1 in my book, with no close competition (in spite of all the genuine experts out there).

He lands at the top of every category even my drinking self can imagine. He's not only knowledgeable and articulate, but he's refreshingly open-minded and humble - he studiously avoids forcing individuals into boxes (by overgeneralizing principles) and views even his own research "with utmost skepticism."

And he's funny!

• bjwoodzy
    Options
    Another guy I like is Timothy Noakes, because of him being able to admit he was wrong for so many years and trying to help folks un-learn all he espoused for so long.
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    Phinney is definitely funny! Phunney.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Phinney is definitely funny! Phunney.

OMG, how could I have missed it? :joy:

Well-played!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    BTW, @bjwoodzy, how've ya been?
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    Pretty awesome, thanks. And I hate the word "awesome," so it's REALLY GOOD.

You?
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Pretty awesome, thanks. And I hate the word "awesome," so it's REALLY GOOD.

You?

Ha, no complaints, keto still working.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this aging thing, though it's definitely better to be slimmer and less sweet than if I were still doing the death march to the low-fat drummer!
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    Seriously, getting old sucks. Some of the time.

[insert a Maxine cartoon here, preferably one of her shaking a fist in the air]