Replies

• lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I just lick and crunch grey sea salt crystals out of hand, chase with a glass of water if you like.

Is that like the grey salt you get in big yellow bags in the winter?

@RalfLott - Celtic Grey Sea Salt, if I had to guess. It's one of the more nutrient dense sea salts, to my understanding... I liked the Red Hawaiian Sea Salt, too...has some kind of clay in it. I really want to try the black lava sea salts! If you ever feel like going to salt overload, google sea salt varieties or look on amazon. I had absolutely no idea how many naturally occurring types there were! Oh, and i found a Sriracha Pink Himalayan Salt Grinder I can't decide if I'm brave enough to try!

@DittoDan used to be the master of different salts! I don't know if he's still experimenting with it all.

P.S. If you have a Natural Grocers store near you, they have a really inexpensive coarse blend of Pink Himalayan in their "house" brand.

I am getting a picture here...himalyan salt lamp...celtic sea salt in the kitchen...black lava salt in my nasal inhaler...horse hawaiian salt lick at my desk

btw @canadjineh I love black rice made risotto style, but with a bit more broth and then I loaded it with my current favorite vegetables--but on lowcarb I've must plan for the indulgence and change the proportions so vegs>rice
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Lol! @canadjineh!!! That's awesome!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    OMG, my fave Valkyries!
    @AlexandraCarlyle @canadjineh
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    You pick 'em, we'll lick 'em!
  • RalfLott
    Options

You picked those doorstops off trees? :o
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just purchased some Celtic Grey Sea Salt.....love it! I use it for my keto-aid and everything else.
    Sometimes, I add Trace Minerals and/or some liquid zinc to my salt-drink.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

You picked those doorstops off trees? :o

No, we have to add our own fibre.

Pick.
    as in 'Pickaxe'.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link. Printing it out for my Mom who has CHF. Also, I love the pics! :D
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I used to buy the pink Himalayan salt but switched to the French Grey sea salt because I thought it might have more iodine in it (since I don't buy the iodized salt that we all grew up with - I never ate it, I thought it tasted gross even when I was little). I'm getting as bad with my varieties of salt as I used to be with my varieties of rice pre-LC. Red Japonica, Black rice, Arborio, Thai Sticky, Brown Basmati.... you get my drift. I need to find more varieties of salt, lol.
    In the U.S., there is Redmond ancient sea salt. It's usually cheaper than Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt. Also if you want more iodine, eat kelp or other seaweeds or if you don't like the taste there are pills.

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Pictures of that, please..... Anything to raise a giggle....!

be careful what you wish for....

I had to wash the dust off first though, lol. It had been stored away until we figured out if there was anything we could do with it. Now it has a new use as our home salt lick :D A bit of a fuzzy photo because it's hard to take a selfie while balancing a heavy chunk of salt in the other hand.
    7s7xtroyfbie.jpg

Tell me about it - !

5d9klgspexhd.jpg

Fab pics girls!!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I used to buy the pink Himalayan salt but switched to the French Grey sea salt because I thought it might have more iodine in it (since I don't buy the iodized salt that we all grew up with - I never ate it, I thought it tasted gross even when I was little). I'm getting as bad with my varieties of salt as I used to be with my varieties of rice pre-LC. Red Japonica, Black rice, Arborio, Thai Sticky, Brown Basmati.... you get my drift. I need to find more varieties of salt, lol.
    In the U.S., there is Redmond ancient sea salt. It's usually cheaper than Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt. Also if you want more iodine, eat kelp or other seaweeds or if you don't like the taste there are pills.

I do eat dried bull kelp and nori pretty regularly because they are my lo-cal/carb salty crispy snack (when I am on plan). I am a fan of sea veggies. <3 I've got to see if I can get my hands on some of that Redmond salt, sounds interesting.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Fab pics girls!!!

The Salt Lick Chicks!

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    These salt lick pics are too funny! Thanks for sharing; they promoted a good morning chuckle.