New to OMAD and struggling

13»

Replies

• Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Keep at it and trust it!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Ive had as bad and even worse. Drink lots of water and do Omad and in three days you will be back to where you were.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Don't lose hope! The weight will not come off linear, there will be gains and losses, trust the process.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    We've all been through setbacks but we're all still here! Stick with us! We'll all get there !
  • Babygyrl17
    Babygyrl17 Posts: 49 Member
    It's been a while but I'm still going strong with OMAD - down 51lb. Still experimenting and enjoying the process. Has anyone noticed a difference in weight loss with green tea/extract?
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    You mentioned chewing gum? maybe that is what´s keeping the hunger there? psychologically you are kind of eating without eating?...
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Gum will usually release insulin and make you hungrier. I know some can do it, but I've never done it. I advise all to avoid it.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Interesting. I have chewed a lot of gum lately but will re-evaluate. It seems to work short term but it may be making me hungrier. Probably not good to go through pack a day either like I've done! :/
  • Babygyrl17
    Babygyrl17 Posts: 49 Member
    Chewing gum doesn't increase my hunger or affect my weight loss. I added green tea to my regimen and it seems to be helping but it's still too soon to say for sure.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    How's it going?
  • kurlyo
    kurlyo Posts: 2 Member
    my kids do not produce insulin (type1) and chewing gum usually gives them low blood sugar. eating is then required. same thing is probably happening to you. I think something about stimulating salivary. I nibble off 1/3 peice of the brand "pure" gum for a bit of breath freshening. stash the reminder for later. that's the most I can have without causing hunger. Also 85+ carbs the day before will cause hunger the next day. Sip a hot cup of salt water, try green tea. If hunger is interfering with my job performance I have 1/2 oz almonds, evaluate what may have happened and try again. It takes time for our bodies to stop telling us it's meal time. keep practicing.