July 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    @JTH11706 Congratulations on both streaks!!

All of the weddings are done, the oldest two grandkids went back to Idaho, and our eldest son went back to his duty station. Our house is empty again. :(

Fortunately our youngest son and grandson live close to us so all is not lost. :smiley:

Good luck everyone.

July 1-9

10.37 miles, all walking

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @anaconda469 I would be so angry! Hope the dog's owners are being held accountable. No excuses for that. (I believe there aren't really bad dogs, only bad owners.) Hoping for quick healing for you!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Got up to run this morning and it was already hot at 6 AM. :|

Adding 3.84 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    ==============================

@ANACONDA469 - That's awful!! I'm so sorry you got hurt like that! I sure hope the police were called and that owner will get a ticket and have to pay all of your medical expenses! But I have no doubt that you'll be back on your bike for long. It takes more that than to keep you down!

Dave
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness @anaconda469 that is awful. I do hope you recover soon and that you can get back on your bicycle.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Adding 4.53 and 5.51 miles

Total to date 56.67 miles walked
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    7/10
    25.45 miles
    224.91 miles

@anaconda469 wishing for a speedy recovery... :#

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles done
    15 miles total

35 miles left towards
    50 mile July goal
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

exercise.png

July: 160 m running, purposeful walking, cycling

10th: 5.75 miles purposeful walking - MTD 56.49

Oh My Word @anaconda469 - how awful and so very unlucky of you. Some people should not be allowed to keep animals. Here in the U.K. the poor animal would have a mandatory destruction order - and it's bad owners that make bad dogs!!!!! Heal quickly and well. As @vhuber said - you've worked hard to overcome worse and I'm sure you have the stamina to do it again.

Edited for typo
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    @anaconda469 :o I hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Adding 6.39 miles Total 46.93

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind wishes, I do appreciate it. :'(:'(

07/08 - 04.0 miles walking (Tour des Chutes 5k Cancer walk)
    07/09 - 02.0 miles walking
    07/10 - 01.0 miles walking (I hate :-( this)

Total: 74.0 miles

exercise.png
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    @anaconda469 ....... I am so sorry to hear this....just from the little I have been able to read from posts on here, I know how much you love biking. For this to happen from someone's neglagence (sp?) is horrible. Sending prayers for speedy healing and a full recovery.
    Time2
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,370 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @anaconda469: Wow! I don't no what to say. You have had such a string of bad stuff over the last couple years. And yes, there is some bad owner out there but again, a dog that runs up to someone without provocation is a dangerous dog even if he got out or the owner left him run. I know how tragic it must be for you to be not able to do this after all the time you put in. I felt that way this fall and spring with my heel issue. I am not even looking at running anymore races at this point. I would just be happy to go run a few miles without pain. But I know that you will overcome this. It is going to take time but you are one brave and gutzy girl and you are a fighter. Just get well. I will keep you in my prayers for a full recovery without any complications.

@vhuber: Give that heel time to heal. The only thing that helped my heel is Protalus insoles. People sing their praises. My dad could walk the moment I put them in his shoe. I had instant improvement and can manage 3 to 4 miles running with them. They will give you a 90 day ( I think) trial and if they don't work will give you your money back. I had to go for the T model and they took back my S models for a free swap out. Worth a try. www.protalis.com

July 10: Adding 13.5 miles of walking 8 miles and cycling 5.5 miles
    TTD: 134.06 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness! Just typed up a post & who knows where it went!!!
    Thank you clepant I will check out that web site! I NEED to go see a podiatrist. It is bothering my physical therapy sessions. My stretches for the back of the knee pulls all the way down the leg into the heel! Soooo frustrating!

I did KT wrap this morning before running 2.25 & walking .25. That was all my heel could endure. Hate this!!!!!

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My sympathy goes out to all who are struggling with injured - I am not good company when I can't run!!

11July 4.7miles
    MTD 83.39 miles
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    So scary @anaconda469 hope you healing well.

My ttd is now 36 miles
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    walked 6.9 miles and rode 22.74 yesterday 7/10

69.78 total
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 5 miles
    7/2 - 9 miles
    7/8 - 6 miles
    7/9 - 10 miles
    7/10 - 8 miles

38/160

Goal of 160 for July.

We are transitioning to a new software for my work (I work for a municipality) and we realized that the person who had been working on the new chart of accounts for the past three months had no idea what he was doing and no one was checking what he was doing! I put in about 80 hours last week including working on what was supposed to be a vacation day (Monday) and the July 4th holiday fixing what he had done. The worst part was not all the hours at work, but not being able to get to the gym for 5 days. I found myself really getting irritated from the lack of exercise. To get my goal of 160 for the month, I can not miss any more days so fingers crossed...
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,327 Member
    Options
    07/09 - 6.75 miles
    07/10 - 7.08 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone is having fun!

Chris
This discussion has been closed.