Things I have learned during 4 years of Keto

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post!! How would you guys begin your Keto profile?? I'm new and not sure I'm doing things correctly?? Thanks in advance!!

@MeghanC1840 I am in the same boat as you after doing Keto since 2014. To me it's a lot like marriage the longer I am married the more that I can see that I am doing it incorrectly. As long as you are not sure you are doing things correctly you will be just fine I expect. Best of success.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful post thanks for bumping it.

I have finally got my DH to drink the minimum amount of water. Only after a trip to ER and had to have two bags of fluids to rehydrate did he finally stop fighting me about drinking water. The dehydration scared him, he couldn't form a sentence and felt vertigo very badly, thus the trip to ER. I also slip in more herbal teas so he gets more hydration these days.
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Very insightful and inspiring! Thank you!
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wonderful post, I really needed this today.
  • madkcole
    madkcole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This was both educational and inspiring. Thanks for sharing your experiences and insight. May I share this with two friends who are on this LCHF journey with me but not on MFP?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    <refresh>
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    DietPrada wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »
    So glad this post was bumped. If anyone is questioning every minute detail of what you're currently doing it might serve you well to read the original post. @DietPrada hasn't been around for a while but she is one person I am confident is doing quite well. At least I certainly hope so. I'd say there is a high probability. <3

Yep still around and sitting at 79.7kg from a start weight of over 120kg. Not losing much at the moment and eating alot less calories than I started with. Goal weight is 70kg but I think it's going to take a while. I still track every day but don't have much time to get on the forums with my new job.

It's been 4 and a half years since I made the change to be healthier, I am pretty confident I'll never go back. I've gained so much. When I started I would do 20 minutes on the treadmill and be red and sweaty and exhausted. I recently joined the gym with no previous exercise and I can do 20 minutes on the rower and 40 minutes on the treadmill without barely breaking a sweat. Pretty sure if I tried to do it carrying a 40 weight it'd kill me though.

I still stand by everything in that original post.

Thx for your insights - much appreciated.
  • EleanorCrosby
    EleanorCrosby Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Three weeks since I switched to the Keto lifestyle and I haven't lost motivation yet, but I am saving this post for when it inevitably happens. Thanks for your insight!
  • wsherry908
    wsherry908 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Loved your post thanks.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What a great perspective on lchf! At a year in, and struggling to lose, I really appreciate your take on this woe. Thank you!!!
  • pagano606
    pagano606 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm newer to Keto but so far it's going well. I loved this post and most is true for my experience. #23 really spoke to me. A lot of people do not understand that part of it and just seeing someone else write it as a truth for them was helpful.
    Thank you.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Great post, thank you for sharing your insight with us all.