Yael452's Accountability Journal

14567810»

Replies

• Yael452
    Yael452 Posts: 82 Member
    edited July 2017
    Today I found a 10-inch ham and cheese pizza at our local ASDA (like Walmart) with a calorie count of 249 calories per 1/2 pizza, or 498 calories for the whole thing!
    I feel like I've become obsessed with finding pizzas that allow me to get the most bang for my calorie buck.
    I don't eat pizza every day, but it's definitely in my OMAD rotation.
    One thing I should say about me is that I like eating the same meals over and over, if that wasn't obvious already. Like OMAD (in that you reduce the number of times you eat, and therefore reduce decision-making throughout the day) knowing that I'll just be eating the same meal, same (known) calories in a meal makes my life easier and I can also guarantee I'm going to enjoy it.
    Right now I'm in a pizza phase, so I'm just gonna ride that out :wink:
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Yael452 wrote: »
    Today I found a 10-inch ham and cheese pizza at our local ASDA (like Walmart) with a calorie count of 249 calories per 1/2 pizza, or 498 calories for the whole thing!
    I feel like I've become obsessed with finding pizzas that allow me to get the most bang for my calorie buck.
    One thing I should say about me is that I like eating the same meals over and over, if that wasn't obvious already. Like OMAD (in that you reduce the number of times you eat, and therefore reduce decision-making throughout the day) knowing that I'll just be eating the same meal, same (known) calories in a meal makes my life easier and I can also guarantee I'm going to enjoy it.
    Right now I'm in a pizza phase, so I'm just gonna ride that out

I agree with you totally - I have a few that I rotate through on the regular that I KNOW I LOVE, and I look forward to consistently and fit in my calorie goal. I think mostly it's that I know I'll love it and it won't be a "waste" of one of my OMADs - that sounds obsessive but it's what I like about it LOL. Pizza is up there on my list too! Maybe I'll do a pizza day next week <3
  • Yael452
    edited July 2017

I agree with you totally - I have a few that I rotate through on the regular that I KNOW I LOVE, and I look forward to consistently and fit in my calorie goal. I think mostly it's that I know I'll love it and it won't be a "waste" of one of my OMADs - that sounds obsessive but it's what I like about it LOL. Pizza is up there on my list too! Maybe I'll do a pizza day next week <3

That's exactly how I feel too! I've had some unplanned OMADs in the past, and remember feeling totally unsatisfied and like I'd wasted my meal. Lately I've found I can return from a run, put a pizza in the oven, and forego other food that's available because I'm "saving" myself for the pizza. Previously I've found this a challenge. If I choose a decent sized pizza that's low enough in calories, I also have room in my calories to have a treat, a higher calorie beverage or something I've been craving as a side.
    My family are going camping (again!) from Sunday to Wednesday, and my plan is to stock up on pizzas and just eat those every evening as my OMAD. I'm soo looking forward to it because they have been slightly judgy of my pizza habit of late :smiley: Haha

Last night my dad said to me, "You're really enjoying your pizza lately I see?" and I said, "Yup. You can eat whatever food you want as long as it fits in your calories and macros. I've lost half a pound this week."
  • mistymeadows2005

That's exactly how I feel too! I've had some unplanned OMADs in the past, and remember feeling totally unsatisfied and like I'd wasted my meal. Lately I've found I can return from a run, put a pizza in the oven, and forego other food that's available because I'm "saving" myself for the pizza. Previously I've found this a challenge. If I choose a decent sized pizza that's low enough in calories, I also have room in my calories to have a treat, a higher calorie beverage or something I've been craving as a side.
    My family are going camping (again!) from Sunday to Wednesday, and my plan is to stock up on pizzas and just eat those every evening as my OMAD. I'm soo looking forward to it because they have been slightly judgy of my pizza habit of late :smiley: Haha

Last night my dad said to me, "You're really enjoying your pizza lately I see?" and I said, "Yup. You can eat whatever food you want as long as it fits in your calories and macros. I've lost half a pound this week."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! They can't argue with results! If your pizza is 630 cals, then realistically you'd have LOTS of calories left over! Especially because you run so much! I'm lazy so the whole "truth about exercise during OMAD" concept from Joe is something I embrace! I still walk when i can around work and stuff but I don't go out of my way. That being said, you have so much more wiggle room on your calories! I'd be pairing that sucker with a giant loaded salad with homemade ranch <3

Now that I think about that maybe I'll do that on Saturday.....

The thoughts :p
  • Yael452

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! They can't argue with results! If your pizza is 630 cals, then realistically you'd have LOTS of calories left over! Especially because you run so much! I'm lazy so the whole "truth about exercise during OMAD" concept from Joe is something I embrace! I still walk when i can around work and stuff but I don't go out of my way. That being said, you have so much more wiggle room on your calories! I'd be pairing that sucker with a giant loaded salad with homemade ranch <3

Go for it! It seems to work well for me...so far.
    As for me right now - two words: Aunt Flo.
    I feel like I'm pregnant right now, stomach is distended af as ever. Can't wait for these next few days to be overrrr. I get a good idea of what running must be like for those women who run in the first few months of pregnancy, haha :wink:
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Nothing wrong with Pizza at all, it's definitely OMAD approved in my book :p
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    So here's a question: Is it bad that I think pizza makes the perfect OMAD? Because I'm beginning to believe so!

Now I'm not talking about greasy, over-topped pizzas with every side-sauce imaginable. I'm talking about a traditional neapolitan-style pizza around 8-inches.
    For example, my Dominos order on Friday was a small size (7-inches/ four big, or eight smaller sized slices) made with gluten-free dough, with mozzarella, ham and mushrooms, and a traditional tomato base. The whole thing (which was very filling, but not too much) was only around 630-660 calories, and was probably the most satisfying OMAD I've had in a while. It fits exactly on a dinner plate (the small size, not the mahoosive pizzas!) and depending on what topping you get can actually be pretty balanced in terms of macros. Couple that with a salad or bowl of steamed veggies and you've got yourself a pretty sweet OMAD, right?

My local store sells 8-inch Neapolitan pizzas (gluten free) with various toppings available, and the most calorific version is just over 700 calories. I've actually considered buying a few to have in-stock at home for the days I don't feel like cooking anything fancy, or I'm unable to work out the calories in something a family member has made (this happens fairly often).
    It's just been something I've been thinking about recently because I don't know anyone that hates pizza!

I think that is a great OMAD idea (actually two or three of those for me! :) .
  • blambo61
    I weighed on Sunday after my run and I was under 160lbs again, 159.3lb, but I'm not getting excited yet because I'm about to enter the deadly week of T.O.M. haha, and goodness knows it screws me over every single month.

This is not OMAD-related, but on Saturday I got a call about the job I interviewed for. The job was an office admin job for my church, with a very large range of responsibilities. WELL, I did not get that job, buuuuttt, I got offered a brand new role that they created for me because they wanted to make use of my skill-set (social media marketing, media promotion and graphic design). They've offered me a year's contract, and an initial start at 20hrs a week - which is *perfect* for me. I'll be working 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Mondays, and 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. This structure works really well for me because I am someone who tends to be a bit of a workaholic (so I end up working more hours anyway) so 20 hours really helps me to maintain a bit of a private life.
    Anyway, I just thought I'd write that up here because this is the first time I've been offered a job that I want that I am also being paid for. I've done a lot of unpaid work in the past trying to build up my resume, and it's been extremely difficult to find an employer that doesn't end up taking advantage in some way.

Congrats! Work hard at that job and you will gain skills and good references that will open up other doors. Always look for new training opportunities also. Good luck!
  • blambo61
    We eat pizza every fri night. I lost all my weight doing that! I see no problem with it! :)
  • mistymeadows2005

Go for it! It seems to work well for me...so far.
    As for me right now - two words: Aunt Flo.
    I feel like I'm pregnant right now, stomach is distended af as ever. Can't wait for these next few days to be overrrr. I get a good idea of what running must be like for those women who run in the first few months of pregnancy, haha :wink:

Oh Lordy do I know that feeling! I JUST got over being super bloated, though I don't think it was from my TOM I think it was salt intake but I know what you mean.

BTW totally did cauliflower pizza on sat ;) I was in the mood for some strange reason :D:D:D
  • Yael452
    edited July 2017
    Not the best week. Busy, somewhat roller-coastery. Admittedly I haven't been posting here very often, but gearing up for starting my new job has had me distracted.

Start weight:162.9
    Sunday 28/05/17: 161.3 (-1.6)
    Sunday 4/06/17: 160.7 (-0.6)
    Changed weigh-in day to Thursday
    Thursday 8/06/17: 158.9 (-1.8)
    Thursday 15/06/17: 162.2 (+3.3)
    Thursday 22/06/17: 157.6 (-4.6)
    Thursday 29/06/27: 160.9 (+3.3)
    Friday 7/7/2017: 160.2 (-0.7)
    Thursday 13/07/17: 159.6 (- 0.6)
    Thursday 20/0707: 161.8 (+ 2.2)

I really hope this is a T.O.M aftermath because I have been tracking *everything*.
    *Sigh*
    I hope next week will be better.
  • blambo61
    it is a slow loss, but the trend is down! i'm pretty sure that all the running I'm doing slows down my weight loss cause I have a real hard time fasting after working out. I'm at a fairly descent weight though so I'm ok with it. Working out does let me eat more though and I like that. You may have some of the same issues.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Keep going. You'll get there!
  • Yael452
    So I've been missing on here awhile.

In part because I started my new job, and things got busy. My dad faced a snakey, underhanded chairman, and has been forced to resign from his job. Sh** got real. A lot has happened.

What hasn't happened though is a cessation of OMAD. I've still been doing that pretty much every day except for one (where I decided to eat three square meals just because I wanted to see how it felt). I jumped straight back into OMAD the next day - it's too much of a habit now.

Another thing that happened is I read a book called, "The Blood Sugar Diet" by Dr Michael Mosely, and I also read "Skinny Rules" by Bob Harper. The Blood Sugar Diet is a book is primarily directed toward people who want to reverse type 1 diabetes. It's a good book, I recommend it. I can't remember how I came upon it, but regardless, the book advises strict adherance to a 8-week plan designed to reverse (t2) diabetes. Saying all that, I don't have diabetes, but I am at-risk because of my overweight status. The Skinny Rules was also pretty good, but I got more from Dr Mosely's book.

The Blood Sugar Diet is strict if you follow the guidelines exactly - low-carb, Mediterranean food only, oh - and 800 calories a day (for 8-week blocks). You have to read the book to understand the science behind why the calories are set so low because I can't be asked to write it all here!

So the last two weeks I've been following (very loosely) the guidelines from the BSD + OMAD and I have (re) lost weight that had started climbing back on. Currently sitting at 158.2lbs as of Tuesday.
    For the first time in a while I have lost over a pound a week, two weeks in a row. I'm curious to see what happens next week (as that will reveal whether it is the diet/calorie change and not just a fluke).
    What have I learned? I don't lose eating 1,300, or 1,500 calories etc. I'm just not one of those people. I try and aim for 800, but am usually happy if I hit under 1,000. Bear in mind I'm eating very well - not a lot of junk or sugar at all.

Now I don't propose everybody jump on the bandwagon and suddenly eat 800 calories a day - buuuuttt, I think for a smaller-size female like me, it's important to realise that we don't need as much food as every one else.
    I'm pretty sure @brendalea69 says somewhere in this thread that she averaged 800-1000 calories a day of lower-carb fare?

Anyway, I'm rambling on. I find it difficult to get on MFP these days, but I will try. I certainly seem to be able to stick to OMAD despite being absent, so that much is true!

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I'm so sorry about everything that happened with your dad. So glad you checked in and very happy to hear you've been doing OMAD in conjunction with an eating plan that works for you. Awesome job on your losses so far!
  • Yael452
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry about everything that happened with your dad. So glad you checked in and very happy to hear you've been doing OMAD in conjunction with an eating plan that works for you. Awesome job on your losses so far!

Thank you @wsandy8512 - your new profile picture is amazing! You must be so proud :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    @Yael452 you're welcome. And, thank you, I'm very proud. I still have 42 to go, but I'm loving the IF OMAD life so I don't doubt I'll get there.
  • blambo61
    Still running!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member

In part because I started my new job, and things got busy. My dad faced a snakey, underhanded chairman, and has been forced to resign from his job. Sh** got real. A lot has happened.

What hasn't happened though is a cessation of OMAD. I've still been doing that pretty much every day except for one (where I decided to eat three square meals just because I wanted to see how it felt). I jumped straight back into OMAD the next day - it's too much of a habit now.

Another thing that happened is I read a book called, "The Blood Sugar Diet" by Dr Michael Mosely, and I also read "Skinny Rules" by Bob Harper. The Blood Sugar Diet is a book is primarily directed toward people who want to reverse type 1 diabetes. It's a good book, I recommend it. I can't remember how I came upon it, but regardless, the book advises strict adherance to a 8-week plan designed to reverse (t2) diabetes. Saying all that, I don't have diabetes, but I am at-risk because of my overweight status. The Skinny Rules was also pretty good, but I got more from Dr Mosely's book.

The Blood Sugar Diet is strict if you follow the guidelines exactly - low-carb, Mediterranean food only, oh - and 800 calories a day (for 8-week blocks). You have to read the book to understand the science behind why the calories are set so low because I can't be asked to write it all here!

So the last two weeks I've been following (very loosely) the guidelines from the BSD + OMAD and I have (re) lost weight that had started climbing back on. Currently sitting at 158.2lbs as of Tuesday.
    For the first time in a while I have lost over a pound a week, two weeks in a row. I'm curious to see what happens next week (as that will reveal whether it is the diet/calorie change and not just a fluke).
    What have I learned? I don't lose eating 1,300, or 1,500 calories etc. I'm just not one of those people. I try and aim for 800, but am usually happy if I hit under 1,000. Bear in mind I'm eating very well - not a lot of junk or sugar at all.

Now I don't propose everybody jump on the bandwagon and suddenly eat 800 calories a day - buuuuttt, I think for a smaller-size female like me, it's important to realise that we don't need as much food as every one else.
    I'm pretty sure @brendalea69 says somewhere in this thread that she averaged 800-1000 calories a day of lower-carb fare?

Anyway, I'm rambling on. I find it difficult to get on MFP these days, but I will try. I certainly seem to be able to stick to OMAD despite being absent, so that much is true!

Yes I did eat that amount of calories and still lost :smile:
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member

So good to hear from you about your progress!