Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Thanks so much, @mikseyniha!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Britt, you're doing amazing! Congrats on the loss!!!

On a funny side note question - in one of the posts from early in the weekend you said you had "3/4 of a blood orange" - is this because the other quarter was stolen or you just didn't eat it ;)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Yay, Britt, for your NSV!!! That's awesome! Glad your weight didn't go up, too. You are doing really well, and getting to know yourself better in the process :-)
  • brittdee88

On a funny side note question - in one of the posts from early in the weekend you said you had "3/4 of a blood orange" - is this because the other quarter was stolen or you just didn't eat it ;)

Thanks so much!
    And it was stolen. He's always coming in and swiping!
  • brittdee88
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Yay, Britt, for your NSV!!! That's awesome! Glad your weight didn't go up, too. You are doing really well, and getting to know yourself better in the process :-)

Thanks, Sandy, and you're exactly right! I am definitely learning more and more about myself. I am so grateful that I didn't give up with OMAD like I was planning to after feeling so awful last weekend. I am learning that this is all a process, and I am enjoying getting to know myself this time around as opposed to being glued to the concept of lose, lose, lose and do it NOW! This definitely is a change in lifestyle and my perceptions of food.
  • mistymeadows2005
    brittdee88 wrote: »

Thanks so much!
    And it was stolen. He's always coming in and swiping!

Lil' stinker! Back away from the oranges! LOL
  • brittdee88
    Lil' stinker! Back away from the oranges! LOL

Seriously! He's lucky I love him. <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    These men of ours....lucky duckies ;)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I actually get pretty annoyed if mine steals my food... I think I have serious food issues! I definitely don't like to share... :D
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    BTW, there is was one big issue for me about working from home - the fridge is ALWAYS right there.

Doing OMAD has actually really helped with that issue. The only things I go into the kitchen for is to make a coffee or to grab water. I don't stand in front of the fridge trying to decide what to eat and then eating too much. And it's no longer an option to just run in there and grab food. Just so much easier... No decisions!
  • brittdee88
    @minigrrll I used to get SUPER annoyed, too, especially when I was calorie counting and meal prepping, but now that I'm not, it's much easier since I don't fret. I still get REALLY annoyed, though, if he eats the last of something I have. There's nothing worse than coming home expecting to have something and it's not there! First world problems...
    And that makes sense about working from home potentially being an issue. I'm glad to hear OMAD has been a great solution to that.
  • brittdee88
    @spirit_nature Hi, Spirit! Thank you so much! As you've read, I can completely relate to that hormone-fueled eating monster. I am hoping that next time around, I will be a lot more moderate with my extra meal. I am perfectly fine with how this played out where I pretty much just maintained that week. 3 weeks of losses and one week of maintenance is a winner in my book. Great job getting back on the wagon!
  • brittdee88
    I forgot to post yesterday's meal!
    I had the other half of my veggie burger and fries, carrot sticks and roasted red pepper hummus, 1/2 of a protein bar, a blood orange-blueberry smoothie (with added ACV and algae), and a glass of red.
    I'm not sure how long it took to eat, but it was definitely at least 30 minutes. I began eating around 5:15. But I'm not going to pay as much attention to my mealtime anymore. I wanted to establish the habit of eating slowly enough to savor my food and pick up on my fullness signal, and I have definitely gotten to that point pretty naturally. I haven't even been watching the clock to try to slow me down since my first couple of days on OMAD, so I am not concerned about that anymore.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    25 pounds gone, Yahoo!!! KUTGW!!! :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Wow, Britt, congratulations on the 25lbs lost so far!

I feel exactly like you regarding OMAD and still do, it's incredible empowering!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Just caught up on your thread! Great work overcoming emotional eating and dropping weight! I'm happy you're finding success and learning more about yourself in the process!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Fantastic Brit that's amazing! It's so exciting to see where we'll all go from here! Omad on, my friend!
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    sounds like you are gaining momentum, good!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks so much for all of the support, everyone! I'm so happy and looking forward to even better things for the future!