Options
    Oh! You mean JellY! :D

Jello=jelly
    But
    Jelly=jam
  • CraftHer
    CraftHer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just tried the jello (orange) and heavy whipping cream. I bought some popsicle molds and had a little left over and put in a dish. I couldn't get them out of the molds! Dagnabit! I did eat the one in the dish and it was ok. I think I'll do a little tweaking with the recipes. I'll soak the molds in hot water but I was hoping to just get out one at a time. The way the mold is made, I have to get out all 4 at once. It's a work in progress :)

Also, I made flourless low carb chocolate biscuits and put cool whip between them and froze them like sandwiches. Pretty good for a chocolate frozen snack. Frozen cool whip is very similar to ice cream.

Here's the recipe for the chocolate biscuit. I used Swerve sweetener. IMO, it needed a little more sweetener.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream!! So many great flavors too :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Dill Pickle Jello (or molded jelly - AlexandraCarlyle ;) ) Salad:
    SF Lemon Jello
    Dill Pickle brine (could be watered down to taste - your option)
    1/2 C (or more to taste) chopped pickles
    More chopped fresh dill if you like.
    Easy. You might want to add the chopped pickles in when the Jello is starting to firm up so they don't get concentrated in top or bottom layers. Add when thick enough to hold them in suspension but not so thick that it 'chops up' the jello.

Also this is an option but I wouldn't used sweet gherkins, just chopped sour pickles. http://www.midcenturymenu.com/2013/08/pickle-olive-jell-o-a-mid-century-gelatin-test/

And this: http://diyeverywhere.com/2017/04/19/10-reasons-why-you-should-never-dump-pickle-juice-down-the-drain-/

Also Kosher Dill Jello Shots: http://www.myjelloamericans.com/2011/03/kosher-dill.html

Gotta try this, because pickle juice!!!!

I did try using the Super Salad in Lemon Jello, it turned out great. DH is not a huge fan of lemony stuff, but he even thought it was good and very refreshing. Nice change from standard salad.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    CraftHer wrote: »
    edited:

Here's the recipe for the chocolate biscuit. I used Swerve sweetener. IMO, it needed a little more sweetener.

Did you forget to add something o:)
  • CraftHer
    CraftHer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    CraftHer wrote: »
    edited:

Did you forget to add something o:)

Darnit! The link must have fallen off on it's way from my computer to the web. Boy, I hate it when that happens!

https://low-carb-support.com/lowcarb-flourless-chocolate-biscuits/

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Avocado ice cream, quick to make. Healthy. Tasty!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bump, 'cause SUMMERTIME!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    pdxhak wrote: »

I love this stuff so much. I just wish I could stop at A serving and not eat the entire pint.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    pdxhak wrote: »

I love this stuff so much. I just wish I could stop at A serving and not eat the entire pint.

Entire pint is between 220-380 cals? So not bad :) in have eaten an entire pint a couple of times!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

Recipe please?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yah, this ^^^^ I've only had avocado chocolate pudding, never had avocado ice cream.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump -- The wine and water popsicles sound awesome.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend makes this one:

https://www.ruled.me/chocolate-chunk-avocado-ice-cream/

Honestly I don't care for it. I don't like the sweetners as they just don't agree with me. BUT everyone else raved about it. And the consistency and texture was spot on IMO.

Bonny132 wrote: »

Recipe please?

• 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    favorite flavor sugar-free instant pudding mix + 1 cup HWC = whip & freeze for a bit. just like ice cream!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If you aren't thrilled with the stuff that comes with Jello (or any of its competitors) you can use pure gelatin and add your own flavoring agents. The one I have is "Great Lakes Beef Gelatin" that I get from iherb (cuz free shipping.)

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Great-Lakes-Gelatin-Co-Beef-Hide-Gelatin-Collagen-Joint-Care-Unflavored-16-oz-454-g/52775

These are touted as a dietary supplement but if you tinker around with the gelatin/water ratio it turns into a gelatin dessert. My first few tries ranged from a pourable liquid to something that could double as a trampoline but eventually I got it to my liking.
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'll just leave this here ;)

Low Carb Ice Cream | Chocolate Gelato

Nutrition (per serving)
    Calories: 231
    Fat: 22.5g
    Protein: 1.75g
    Carbs: 5.5g
    Fiber: 0.75g
    **Net Carbs: 4.75g

Haven't tried it YET, but it looks and sounds good

• jc4mee
    jc4mee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Keto Ice Cream book with some incredible recipes along with an ice cream freezer. My first batch (made today) of butter pecan was every bit as good as premium ice cream from the store!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Chocolate casein, almond butter, just enough water to get it to pudding like consistency, put it in the freezer for an hour or two, win.