Options

Replies

• hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 19
    B: 5
    DBF: 8

@BarneyRubbleMD It sounds like your still in that spot where there's much more weight you are trying to lose. I hope you stay here and let us watch your journey.
    @branbuds nice vacation have missed the water lilly. Welcome back for a couple of weeks. It so hot here I wish August could take me back to Maine!
    @moxie42 hope you can put a smilie face beside the other challenge you had going that you shared a few weeks ago!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 18
    B: 6
    DBF: 0

@hillmike56 - unfortunately I have failed at literally everything this week... BUT I have a 4-day mini-vacation this weekend with my husband and my mom which I'm really looking forward to- it's a desperately needed break. And in a couple weeks my husband and I are going to do another round of Whole30. It really helped us break the binge cycle the last time we did it and we felt amaaaaaazing. I think he and I need to step back and get a fresh start.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Restarted July 17

July 26
    Me: 3
    DBF: 2

@hillmike56 - yes Maine would be nice! Our next trip will be to North Carolina in early August. Hope it isn't too hot!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    July 25

Me: 18*
    Binge: 7
    DBF: 2
  • hillmike56
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Me: 20
    DBF: 9

@brittdee88 that is a great feeling great work congrads
    @branbuds not much chance of that one unless your heading to Mt. Mitchell
    @moxie42 sounds like you have a plan and a partner 2 great keys to the battle

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @hillmike56!

7/26
    Me: 15
    B: 1
    DBF: 15
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    DBF: 1
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 18
    B: 8
  • branbuds
    Options
    Restarted July 17

July 27
    Me: 4
    DBF: 3

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    July 26

Me: 19*
    The B: 7
    DBF: 3
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    hillmike56 wrote: »

@BarneyRubbleMD It sounds like your still in that spot where there's much more weight you are trying to lose. I hope you stay here and let us watch your journey.
    @branbuds nice vacation have missed the water lilly. Welcome back for a couple of weeks. It so hot here I wish August could take me back to Maine!
    @moxie42 hope you can put a smilie face beside the other challenge you had going that you shared a few weeks ago!

@hillmike56 ,

Yep! I hit a "milestone" today--75 lbs lost since 1/1/2017 but still have 87 more lbs to lose, so I'm almost half way to my weight loss goal.

I also have another "milestone" or NSV fast approaching (8/8/2017) which relates to this group--if I make it to that date without a binge episode (& I'm positive I will at this point), I will be considered clinically "cured" of my Binge Eating Disorder (i.e. 3 months without any binge eating episodes) and can finally get that "checked off" my medical record (I was diagnosed Sept2015). The big "side effect" of getting my binge eating disorder under control is my diabetes is very well controlled, my insulin medication has been greatly reduced and my weight continues to drop without feeling like I'm missing out on too many of the foods I like and without experiencing that "addicted to carbs" feeling I use to get all the time triggering my binge eating episodes.

I plan to stay here & post from time to time--I still have some "binge food" tests I want to eventually try. I did OK with my "pizza test" meal plan without it turning in a binge but there are some foods I won't "risk" at this time (ice cream, Doritos, thick hard pretzels) until I get this binge eating disorder cleared off my record--the last thing I need right now is to have a relapse when I'm so close to making it to my next "milestone" on 8/8/2017!
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 21
    DBF: 10

@BarneyRubbleMD Thanks for sharing. I first read about BED and that it was a true diagnosis about 2 months ago here on this board. And I saw your checklist this morning on another post and I believe your the first that I've seen on this board that was medically diagnosed. When I joined this post back in November I knew BED as the discription from the BOARD THE BINGE. And after so many tries at getting to my normal BMI the BINGE was the thing that was keeping me from that goal. Though never more than a self-diagnose I am dealing with BED/BINGE by rewriting the HABIT. That like you comes from a trigger of eating late at night. Rewriting that habit helped me get to the normal BMI goal but haven't completed the journey because don't quite have it at maintenance mode yet which I've found a little more difficult than I thought. Look forward to hearing more about this journey of yours with the 87 lbs. And hope to share better a maintenance mode story by then than I can do now.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    7/27
    Me: 16
    B: 1
    DBF: 16
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    DBF: 4

@lamlam2013 I believe that's a new profile pic for you Love It! So true. Last night had such a Battle with the BINGE. The only way I made it through was to look at Pintrest and a motivational quote board. I didn't see this one but I'm adding it to my list for the next battle.

Thank you, @hillmike56! It might have been a MFP or Fitbit quote from Instagram or Facebook. I can't remember. I love motivational quotes!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Restart Date: July 12

Me: 10
    Binge: 5*

DBF: 0

I was gone camping and then spent a couple days getting caught up on things around the house.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    B: 8
    DBF: 9
  • branbuds
    Options
    Restarted July 17

July 28
    Me: 5
    DBF: 4
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Me: 22
    DBF: 11

Sorry to be so chatty lately but feel like I've found something with going to these motivational quotes when the BINGE comes after me. At least when I'm home and can get to the computer. Briefly this is one that touched something in the battle for me last night.

You will either experience the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is yours.

Why apologize, @hillmike56 ? We learn best from each other, and anything you find to help you always has a chance of helping someone else too!!! THANK YOU for sharing. I, personally, will never be upset with that...

And congrats! Maybe stick some on your phone, too, for when you can't get home? Either a photo gallery or tumblr or something?