Very frequent urination

Options
2»

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Self employed... that can be tough. My hubby is self employed too. Glad the chair & yoga is helping. Have you thought about a standing desk - changes height seated to standing easily and back again? Also maybe a scaling back of hours without movement breaks.

I've thought about it - but have two problems with it - I have three monitors and 3 keyboards on a custom modified desk - so I'd have to make a new desk [ I used to make custom furniture]

Also I have occassioal neurlogic problems that are triggered by standing for too long.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    Self employed... that can be tough. My hubby is self employed too. Glad the chair & yoga is helping. Have you thought about a standing desk - changes height seated to standing easily and back again? Also maybe a scaling back of hours without movement breaks.

I've thought about it - but have two problems with it - I have three monitors and 3 keyboards on a custom modified desk - so I'd have to make a new desk [ I used to make custom furniture]

Also I have occassioal neurlogic problems that are triggered by standing for too long.

Can you put stacks of books under the desk legs to raise it? Just sayin'. . .

I got a standing desk at work a few months ago, and it is wonderful. Of course, I had to buy better shoes now that I'm standing 8-9 hours a day instead of sitting. Shoe shopping, such a sacrifice!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options

I am not sure if it would be possible since I don't know what kind of desk you have but instead of build a new desk you can raise the one you have. I did that with my computer desk I just had to have a really good foundation plus I attached an anchor point to the wall just in case it gets top heavy. Ergotron arms are a great thing for monitors and keyboards as well, I have one for my Cintiq. There are a lot of great DIY standing desk solutions on the web.

A tall chair might help as well if you start to have issues standing to long. My office mate does that he stands for a few hours then rolls his chair over for a few hours and vice versa.

Good luck.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Would bed risers helps lift it? Or depending on how it is built, you might be able to put the tabletop on a platform that would raise and lower it, making it adjustable!
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I recently bought a treadmill desk from here:

https://www.fully.com/jarvis-treadmill-desk.html

I also own a "regular" jarvis sit-stand desk from the same company (I'm self employed and spend the vast majority of my time on the computer, I have a separate home office and another area for gaming/streaming/music). Love the company and have found the desks very reliable, one of them I've owned for 3+ years now.

Anyway, to your specific points about your desktop:

1) For my current setup, I have the 78x30 top size and its awesome. I'm using it with my treadmill desk, I wanted to be able to have a chair and the treadmilll both and not have it be a major ordeal to switch. I have two 24" monitors mounted on swivel arms, I push a button to raise desk, swivel the monitors to the right side of hte desk for the treadmill, slide over my keyboard and mouse and i'm done. For you this size desk would certainly fit three monitors and keyboards.

2) https://www.fully.com/jarvis-frame-only.html They also sell just the frame and allow you to build your own to secure on top of it.

My physical therapist suggested for me (without neurological problems) that ideally I would just alternate between sitting and standing every 30 minutes. But honestly, as far as all of the articles you'll read about "sitting is killing you", I think if you can just find a way to stand up and move just a tiny bit for 5-10 minutes out of every hour it would *really* help.