Mini Goal Challenge Week of July 31 to Aug 6th

Options

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    I couldn't log or choose my diet most of last week (no internet, retreat type meeting with food provided), so my goals are easy for this week.

1) Log everything. Stay close to calory goal (I try to gain muscle, so I can't go for a large deficit, but I also don't want to overeat).
    2) My sweets are going to be fruits and protein bars. No buying sweets. No eating the left over chocolate. I had a hard time in the last two weeks with cravings. I can win against them.

I have to say I already failed myself. Had a really bad day yesterday and ended up buying a small bottle of chocolate milk and drinking half, as well as having some Nutella. It was not a craving, it was more of a mental breakdown. And for that it was fairly little food. I logged all of it, so goal 1 is still on. And I will have the other half of the bottle after training today.

I figured I was too low on calories to sustain my exercise and cope with my stress level and I am increasing calories now, while also looking to increase training intensity.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @torontojulie I have been nearly perfect this week with my logging! My fear is this weekend at the river. I am leaving in a few hours. There is reception on the river. I will be logging no matter the outcome!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Happy Friday Warriors!!

Have a great weekend and keep pushing!! :):)B)

Goals week of 7/30/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 4/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 2/4
    3) 10 min housework 3 days - 0/3 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 3/7 (Sa, Su, M -- No veggies = W)

August WW Meeting (every Monday)
    Attendance 0/4
    WW Weight Loss Summary as of 7/30/17
    Total lost 14.4 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.5 lbs

• Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Tionne31 wrote: »
    I have joined a few groups during my time here on MFP but had never paid attention to the bookmark option above, so I could never find them again lol.

Anyhoo, I am excited to be here.
    1. Stay within my calorie allotment
    2. Workout 4 days this week
    3. Take a photo of myself in workout clothes to begin logging my progress
    4. Check my body fat percentage one day this week

@torontojulie I decided to have my week run Monday through Sunday. I have done really well actually, I have remained within my calorie allotment and as of today I have worked out 3 times already (HIIT on Monday and Full Body on Tue and Wed). I plan on working out this evening when I get off work so that should satisfy my 4 day workout goal. I took the dreaded progress photo of myself and despite cringing through it all, I am happy to have got it out of the way lol. I thought that the scale I had calculated BFP but it does not or either I forgot how to get it to do it so that is one thing that I have not accomplished this week. Overall I am happy with the way the week has played out, thanks so much for the support!
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    goalpeace wrote: »
    @torontojulie I have been nearly perfect this week with my logging! My fear is this weekend at the river. I am leaving in a few hours. There is reception on the river. I will be logging no matter the outcome!

You will rock this. As I will say to others (and myself) progress not perfection! Enjoy your time away. You've been good this week and that's definitely part of the overall plan. Life has its ebbs and flows - you are working to accommodate that which is awesome.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

I have to say I already failed myself. Had a really bad day yesterday and ended up buying a small bottle of chocolate milk and drinking half, as well as having some Nutella. It was not a craving, it was more of a mental breakdown. And for that it was fairly little food. I logged all of it, so goal 1 is still on. And I will have the other half of the bottle after training today.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad day. Don't be too hard on yourself! Good for you to log it all. And now you have some awareness - so if you can work backwards from your mental breakdown (i.e. what was the trigger?) - maybe you can plan to minimize that trigger. Good luck. Keep going - you've got this.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    @MiniMatcha thanks for your support! Perhaps I should always go to restaurants with tupperware in my purse. Make it part of the program (i.e. I should be coming home with something!) It seriously is a most excellent idea. In France, they really frown on "doggy bags" unless it's for a hungry pooch at home. But hey, I'm not in France LOL

And I so love being active, it is my peace in life. Most of my motivation for staying healthy is to not to subject my joints with unnecessary weight. I want to remain as healthy as possible so I can be active for as long as possible!
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    @tionne31 You are such an inspiration!!! It is amazing to hear your progress. Yes - the dreaded photo. Glad you got through it (is that a bikini type shot or?) I just look in the mirror and cringe LOL Right now, I am wondering why it is I don't schedule more classes into my week. I actually go to none, but love them! And I belong to a great gym with awesome instructors. I have this mental construct that I have to workout before I can join in. Because I get so sore when I go to classes at first - once I'm in the groove, I'm fine. I will give this a think, There is no reason I can't get to a class straight after work with some planning. Good luck with the scale in the BF area. Mine does it automatically, though sometimes that's not super fun to read :-)
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    Woo-hoo this has been a good week for me! I came home for a bonus lunch today. It was too late to have lunch but I did it anyway. I had already eaten a sandwich at my desk. But I came home, and had a cup of tea, and spoke with my best friend while she was on her lunch hour (in a different time zone). Not a lick of regret on that decision.

1) track and stay green!!! (5/5)
    2) do my daily 15 minute headspace meditation in the morning (5/5)
    3) go home for a healthy lunch 3 times this week (4/3)
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    @IsMollyReallyHungry I am super sorry to hear about your dad. This really is a challenging week, and yet, you're staying on track and hitting a lot of your goals. Well done. See you next week for the continuing challenge :-)
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    I am signing off now and will see you all back here on Monday - I hope! May your weekend be fabulous.

y05in0rz02ym.png
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Weekly Goals

Friday check in:
    1. Workout 3 times this week 2/3
    2. Bed by 10pm 2/4
    3. Water intake - 24 oz. x 5 daily - 5/7

Working to spend less time on the computer so didn't make it in earlier to check in and say hello! :smiley:
    Hoping everyone has a great weekend and gets some rest as well. I keep thinking today's already Sat. and that yesterday was Friday. Mass confusion in my head. :laugh:
  • MiniMatcha
    MiniMatcha Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weekly goals:
    1) reduce sugar/sweets (4/7)
    2) 12k steps every day! (3/7)

At an orientation there were so many chocolates and cookies.... But I resisted all temptations!! :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 7/30/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 5/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 3/4
    3) 10 min housework 3 days - 0/3 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 4/7 (Su, M -- No veggies = W)

Attendance 0/4
    Total lost 14.4 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.5 lbs

• Hearts_2015
    Options

Weekly Goals

Sat check in:
    1. Workout 3 times this week 2/3
    2. Bed by 10pm 2/4
    3. Water intake - 24 oz. x 5 daily - 6/7

Great job on your goals all, looks like you're rockin it! So great to have so many new and newer regular members around! :smiley: Hope you'll have a super weekend

• Hearts_2015
    Options

Goals week of 7/30/17:
    2) 6000 step goal - 3/4
    3) 10 min housework 3 days - 0/3 (de-clutter) <3

Attendance 0/4
    Total lost 14.4 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.5 lbs

Molly
    ....What if we make a contract with one another to do a decluttering time together? I think Sunday is better for you right? So then 10 minutes knowing I'll be doing the same, sound OK? It helps me when I know someone else is out there working on the same project. :wink:

I'll check back in tomorrow and see how we did. ;) xo <3

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Goals week of 7/30/17:
    2) 6000 step goal - 3/4
    3) 10 min housework 3 days - 0/3 (de-clutter) <3

Attendance 0/4
    Total lost 14.4 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.5 lbs

Molly
    ....What if we make a contract with one another to do a decluttering time together? I think Sunday is better for you right? So then 10 minutes knowing I'll be doing the same, sound OK? It helps me when I know someone else is out there working on the same project. :wink:

I'll check back in tomorrow and see how we did. ;) xo <3

It is a deal Hearts!!! thanks!! I got some did today too! Weekends are the best time for me when not too busy, but I feel good about what I got did today. Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it. <3
  • MiniMatcha
    MiniMatcha Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weekly goals:
    1) reduce sugar/sweets (4/7)
    2) 12k steps every day! (4/7)

I had a matcha lemonade today with a lot of junk food, but I made up for it by running 5 miles and walking another 5 miles! Hopefully things will negate, but if not I'll just work out harder tomorrow...! I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Question: Are we going to continue to do one week challenges for the rest of the month? If so, how do I find the new thread?
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ok my two goals were to workout three times and stay within my calorie allotment. Achieving the workout goal I'll probably do but staying within my calorie allotment is going to be quite the challenge because I'm going out of town this weekend. Starting with lunch tomorrow all my meals will be eaten at a restaurant. I'm worried about failing.

Well the wedding weekend is over and it's time to go home after we all meet this morning for one last hoo hah. We are all going out to breakfast together. I know that's one meal I can eat out without sabotaging my daily calorie allotment. Yesterday I failed to stay within my allotment. I blew it bad. By about 500 calories!! Ugg. But today I'm back on track yesterday is a done deal. There is no going back. I knew it would probably happen so I'm ok with it because Friday I was successful. Where I could have blown it twice I didn't, only once, so I'm good. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions for me this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.