Kat's OMAD journey

katjustkat
katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Hello fellow omaders. Thank you for having an open house and always welcoming newcomers. I hope to be here a while. I introduced myself on the main page. I'll add more as I go. Afraid to jinx myself at the start . Going to try to post a picture of my dinner every night. I drink 1-2 cups black coffee in the morning and then just water as that's what I like. I eat at 5 pm. Will also try to remember a lil Apple cider vinegar before dinner. If my picture comes out terrible, I'm sorry in advance... this will be my first try.
This is spicy lentil soup (copied recipe from Carrabba's), greek salad with avocado, feta cheese and calamata olives, whole grain brown bread with Kerry Gold butter, 1 cup of grapes. Too much food but I was trying to get it to 1000 calories.
I was hoping for a big picture. I just clicked on the 'camera' on my iphone and chose a pic. Also the picture is upside down and that's flaring up my OCD :neutral:

Replies

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Your dinner looks great, even upside down, Kat.
  • katjustkat
    Haha, thank you Nevadaden. It was yummy :smiley:
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Looks great! So healthy.. ! Nothing like my meals- the reason why I don't post photos!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Hi and welcome to the group, Kat! I couldn't pull up the picture because it was taking to long from my phone, but your meal sounds awesome :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Welcome Kat!!!! your meal sounds awesome! don´t worry for the pic, when it comes to food, I recon we all have a GREAT IMAGINATION we can fill in the gaps easily!!!!!
    :)
  • katjustkat
    Thank you ladies! I'm soooo happy to get started. Omad is the best thing ever :smiley: Looove reading everyone's threads.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome Kat! Happy you're loving the omad lifestyle!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Welcome indeed! :)
  • katjustkat
    edited August 2017
    Thank you all for the welcomes :) I had a great day. I was busy so I took my walk at 3pm. This worked out very well because that's when I start getting pretty hungry...probably from the stress of working ( I work from home and get done at 2). Had coffee and then water the rest of the day. Have two hungry men at home so I made beef stroganoff and a lil spinach and arugula salad with balsamic glaze dressing. Finished off with a plum. Not sure of the calories tonight but I think it was reasonable. ** Just calculated on MFP and it looks like 616 calories for 2 cups of stroganoff and the rest got me up to 860 calories. Too full to eat anything else :D Hope everyone had a great day :) I'll try this picture thing again...we'll seeeee
    ** son helped me with the picture...so I think I got it nowefdx2lead76s.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    Mmmmmmmmm!!!! Gorgeous meal, I haven't had stroganoff in forever!
  • barbheart
    Sounds like your journey is rocking! :)
  • katjustkat
    edited August 2017
    Yes Sandy it was delish >:) Hopefully taking a pic of my food every night will give me a record to look back on and keep me accountable.
    Barb... keeping fingers crossed and I keep reminding myself that OMAD is the way to go because...it requires that I do nothing at all....all I have to do is eat my one meal. I'm an imperfect perfectionist so my biggest obstacle will be my brain when I inevitably have some kind of gain. Will need to learn to talk to myself as I would my best friend.
    Mistymeadow &minigrrll, thank you for the welcome <3
    Thank you for stopping by ladies. Yay! We will do it :)
  • katjustkat
    Had a yummy reuben sandwich and beet salad for dinner. Had chocolate coconut bar from Safeways bakery also for dessert. That was so good. Meal came out to about 1000 calories. I walked to the grocery store in the afternoon in order to incorporate grocery shopping and getting in my steps. Iwatch says I have 5 miles in for the day and then hubby and I always walk after dinner also . Should get another 2 miles. Great day...no hunger no headaches. Walking a couple hours before dinner really gets me through the time I usually get hungry. Loving OMAD :)gl67k61eep2f.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I am SO suggestible! I saw some amazing looking sandwich on someone else's thread last night, I think, and seeing this - I need to have a sandwich in my life now. Can't remember the last time I had a lovely big sandwich... Think I need to plan this as a weekend meal.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Had a yummy reuben sandwich and beet salad for dinner. Had chocolate coconut bar from Safeways bakery also for dessert. That was so good. Meal came out to about 1000 calories. I walked to the grocery store in the afternoon in order to incorporate grocery shopping and getting in my steps. Iwatch says I have 5 miles in for the day and then hubby and I always walk after dinner also . Should get another 2 miles. Great day...no hunger no headaches. Walking a couple hours before dinner really gets me through the time I usually get hungry. Loving OMAD :)gl67k61eep2f.jpg

This picture doesn't do it justice haha...it was soooo good. rye bread, 2 slices of havarti, 5 ounces of corn beef, sour kraut. Grilled in butter and served with thousand island dressing on the side for dipping. It was crunchy, soft and luscious. It'll keep me happy till tomorrow's dinner >:)
  • wsandy8512
    I absolutely LOVE a good reuben sandwich! My hubby and I make our own Thousand Island Dressing for them, even :-)
  • wsandy8512
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I am SO suggestible! I saw some amazing looking sandwich on someone else's thread last night, I think, and seeing this - I need to have a sandwich in my life now. Can't remember the last time I had a lovely big sandwich... Think I need to plan this as a weekend meal.

I wish I could pop over and bring you a HUGE "no chicken salad" sammich!!! So freaking good!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to the OMAD group, You're meals seem to be about the same amount of calories that I eat and they look tasty!!!
  • barbheart
    Oh Kat I see what you mean the mind playing games with us and I can relate to this imperfect perfectionist LOL I have that too...
    I love your sandwiches those are my type! now and then I would do an Omad day with them...yummie!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    katjustkat wrote: »

I'm dying by how good this looks... A: a good Reuben is always delish and then havarti <3<3<3 possibly my favorite cheese of all time