Dang restaurant.....

Options
2»

Replies

• poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm with you canadjineh! Gnawing on a bone makes me puke too.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh @poli22 - So you folks don't just gag or maybe throw up a little in your mouths... You actually projectile vomit if a bone gets near your chops?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Mmmmyup..... I can do Industrial First Aid on accident victims but can't have a bone-in steak like a t-bone. I have to immediately cut the meat away from the bone and chuck the bone into the garbage before starting to eat dinner. I even like my meat rare but that's only if there's no vein-y bits running thru it. I don't even like the look of ripped weight lifter's muscles. :#
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I can understand how all of that might be a turn off. I knew a fella years ago who wouldn't eat chicken unless it was in ground form or a patty. His reasoning was it looked too much like it does in its live form. I'm the same way with whole fish on a plate. It doesn't make me nauseous or ill but I'd rather not have eyeballs on my plate.
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hooters restaurant anyone?
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you have ever taken anatomy and dissected out nerves, tendons, muscles, etc. it is very hard not to continue to do so when the animal is on your plate. After do this it is even harder to eat said animal without barfing. If it doesn't look like an animal part, it is much easier to eat. At least that is my take. I also really like vegetables and fruit.
  • SUNSHINEandSPRINKLES
    Options
    I always ask and ask again. Even a few that dont look breaded have a very light coating. Im allergic to wheat so I am paranoid.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    @canadjineh @poli22 - So you folks don't just gag or maybe throw up a little in your mouths... You actually projectile vomit if a bone gets near your chops?

You just had to go there, didn't you.

• canadjineh
    Options
    @poli22 that's exactly it. I've always been interested and involved in medical stuff and aimed my education in that direction, so I guess it serves me right :s
  • RalfLott
    Options
    The last time I approached a hurling state from an individual food (as opposed to Norovirus - don't ask :s), it was the surprise element - überfermented tofu from a breakfast buffet in China that looked for all the world like the familiar bland, rubbery, sautéed stuff we get in the US.... And not a vein or bone in sight!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    It's called Stinky Tofu for a reason lol!!!!
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Where I'm from, breaded is usually the way they're served. They only seem to be unbreaded on wing nights. It would be nice to have a local place where they're always bare.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Currently having an aversion to bone in chicken due to the fact that I got some in a restaurant that wasn't cooked enough in the middle.....Blcck....just thinking about it.....
  • RalfLott
    edited August 2017
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    It's called Stinky Tofu for a reason lol!!!!

I think "Stinky Tofu " might be a puffy boiled delicacy that's one of several members of the Smelly Tofu family. I wouldn't make a steady diet of it, but I could get more than 1/8 teaspoon down without projectile barfing.

The rotting mess on the breakfast bar, by contrast, of which I sampled maybe 2 grains, might go by "Stinky Rancid Tofu" and could make a corpse puke and pööp simultaneously. .
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Bwahaha, maybe it was rancid... ('Let's see how many stoopid tourists eat it before we get caught') :D
    The main reason I don't like meat with identifiable anatomy: