September 100 Squats a day Challenge

tlblanksfit
tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
I have decided for September to do a 100 squats a day challenge. I welcome anyone who would like to join me. You may do the squats however you want.

For my challenge, I will be doing 4 sets of 25 squats throughout the day.

25 narrow squats
25 basic squats
25 plie squats
25 kettlebell squats.

If you would like to join, please share how you will be performing your squats. We can do a daily check in saying 100 done or just sharing how many you were able to do. If you can't do the 100, that is perfectly fine, any number will do. I would love to hear from you.

The fun begins 1 September.

Narrow Squat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpY4UFrUkf4

Basic Squat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ8_IMPQOY

Plie Squat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNKVK2axeNI

Kettlebell Squat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K7Z_E4nvFs

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited August 2017
    Challenge accepted! I'm actually pretty great with squats, didn't know they could be done every day though. After doing Jari Love videos with 4 counts up /4 down, 3 count down/1 up, 2/2, one counts, and her LETHAL pulsating ones, I should kick *kitten*! Lol :)

Edited to add: I know it's a couple days early, but just finished 100. I don't have a kettle bell so I used a 20 pound dumbbell for the last one. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Awesome Sandy, I had planned on starting a day early myself. These should really whip my lower half into shape.
  • wsandy8512
    Awesome Sandy, I had planned on starting a day early myself. These should really whip my lower half into shape.

Heck yeah, squats are amazing for our backsides! I always think of Denise Austin, yes I used her videos back in the day, anyway, when I do squats I can hear her in my head saying, "Your rear end is the last thing to leave the room, gotta leave a good impression." Lol
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I tell you what, I will do a challenge but it's going to be pushups for me! Me and a Co - worker kind of challenged ourselves yesterday. I did one set of 35 and one set of 25. I would like to build from there. I will report if ok. Good luck on the squats.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Ha I do some mock squats while I wait for my cuppa Keurig coffee. I hold onto the edge of the sink and do squats till coffee is ready. It actually makes my muscles pretty sore! I don't have bad knees but...I wonder if this method would help people that do?
  • wsandy8512
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Ha I do some mock squats while I wait for my cuppa Keurig coffee. I hold onto the edge of the sink and do squats till coffee is ready. It actually makes my muscles pretty sore! I don't have bad knees but...I wonder if this method would help people that do?

It's possible those could help someone who has bad knees. Also wall squats along with hip thrusts.
  • tlblanksfit
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I tell you what, I will do a challenge but it's going to be pushups for me! Me and a Co - worker kind of challenged ourselves yesterday. I did one set of 35 and one set of 25. I would like to build from there. I will report if ok. Good luck on the squats.

Please let us know how it goes, pushups are not my strong suit, maybe that will be my next challenge to build up to doing 25 or so.
  • tlblanksfit
    100 done for the day.
  • wsandy8512
    Done with mine as well. :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I'm in! Will have to get on that today... :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    MEH I'd like to PRETEND I'd do that, but I'd do one day and be over it LOL - I'll try though!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm going to start tomorrow too but I'll just start out doing the regular squats :#
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I'm going to start tomorrow too but I'll just start out doing the regular squats :#

Same here - I'll break them into 4 sets of 25, but all just regular squats. Will change it up when I get bored!
  • tlblanksfit
    so happy to have you all joining me.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm sore from two days ago doing pushups. I need to ease into it.
  • tlblanksfit
    September 1 - 100 done
  • Brendalea69
    25 done and 75 to go!!!
  • Brendalea69
    edited September 2017
    75 more done, I feel it in my legs more than my butt!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Had to skip today, my legs and butt cheeks are spent, probably because I did the 100 the day before and yesterday it was Jari Love strength training--I estimate 200 squats altogether in the whole hour of the workout.
  • Brendalea69
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Had to skip today, my legs and butt cheeks are spent, probably because I did the 100 the day before and yesterday it was Jari Love strength training--I estimate 200 squats altogether in the whole hour of the workout.

Oh no...I bet I'll be sore tomorrow too, I should have worked my way up to 100 instead of going all in :#