The keto recipes that changed your journey!

Options

Replies

• mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    We really like our BBQ here in the South but the amount of sugar in most BBQ sauces is all too apparent when you look around. (According to one study, of the ten fattest cities in the U.S. eight were in the South.) As with many of my recipes the quantities, aside from the Diet Coke, are "add to taste" but here are the ingredients:

One can Diet Coke
    Reduced sugar catsup (Heinz makes one. Don't use that repulsive Walden Farms stuff, yuck.)
    Worcestershire sauce
    Dijon mustard
    Chipotle sauce
    Liquid smoke (Measure this stuff out by the molecule; it's VERY concentrated.)

Cook over low heat until bubbly. Add wee little pinches of xanthan gum, stirring as you go, totaling about 1/8 teaspoon. Add more if you like your sauce really thick.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Oh @JessicaLCHF you are my new ac person!!!! I never thought of using deli meat as the tortilla for enchiladas!!!! Mind blown!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    Oh @JessicaLCHF you are my new ac person!!!! I never thought of using deli meat as the tortilla for enchiladas!!!! Mind blown!

Lol. Pinterest, it's a wealth of info. I am on there way too much. :smile:
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've only been LCHF since late April, and I've learned so much because of all the terrific shared posts. Thanks, Peeps!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the deli meat for a "tortilla" on an enchillada. Awesome idea. Thanks for posting.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing, @KaseyDH83! I found the recipe and have saved it - I know my H will absolutely go crazy for this!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    KaseyDH83 wrote: »
    pzkbl295sa9v.jpg

Ham and Cheese Keto Stromboli. I LOVE these! Each one is four servings and I got the recipe from Ruled.Me. I made an extra one so I could take them for lunches this week. They reheat pretty well in the microwave.

@KaseyDH83 - These look fantastic. I looked up the recipe on ruled me and yours look way better than their picture. Did you do anything differently?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like she sprinkled extra cheese on top. What's not to love - ?!
  • mandyb0101
    mandyb0101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can't wait to try it! Is almond and/or coconut oil expensive?
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like she sprinkled extra cheese on top. What's not to love - ?!

The dough looked fluffier to me somehow.....hmmmm?
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    suri116 wrote: »
    Buffalo chicken casserole . Shredded chicken, hot sauce and cream cheese and a dash of milk for the sauce poured over spaghetti squash. add a little cheese on top and bake until melted.

I must try this
  • Retrofit55
    Retrofit55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    I love stir-fry but I've always had store-bought sauce on it. Those sauces though are all sugar-based, so I was getting about 10g of sugar in just 2 tbsp of the sauce.

So I concocted my own stir-fry sauce recipe, it's net-zero carbs and one batch is good for 4 servings.

It basically enabled me to keep eating my favorite meal without blowing my day's carbs in one sitting.

I have the recipe saved in MFP but I don't know if there's a way to 'share' it automatically... Added as a picture instead. Just put all the stuff in a bowl and mix it up, basically. Keep it in the fridge and use as desired.

Warning - it is HOT. :smiley:

sqjz96mb8zg9.png

What is the best way to copy this to my MFP Recipe file?
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Retrofit55 wrote: »
    What is the best way to copy this to my MFP Recipe file?

Apparently MFP doesn't have the functionality to share/copy recipes from one user to another. :frowning:
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16775013-sharing-recipes

I guess you could just go into your own 'my recipes' area and add the ingredients manually?
  • Retrofit55
    Retrofit55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I was afraid that was going to turn out to be Plan B. We'll cope. :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Bump up time, up it goes.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I had never eaten eggs before this. Growing up, my parents never made them since THEY hated eggs, and something about the smell just turned me off of them. I went "Sigh, guess I have to learn to like them..." and my first time eating scrambled eggs I was IN LOVE. Still have issues with hardboiled eggs some days, and I've yet to try any eggs with a soft center, but.... maybe someday :p
    Peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon!
    AND for those really wonderful nights where pizza is the only thing on my mind... low-carb wraps, alfredo sauce, cheese, and pepperoni or spinach, all stacked up and brushed with some olive oil around the edge, sure makes a DELICIOUS replacement.
  • Phanny24
    Phanny24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza, cauliflower rice, and keto bread/muffins mmmhmmm anyone have an easy recipe for keto coffee? Still struggling with this one
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    onpvb4h83ghf.jpg
    Keilbasa sautéed with cabbage and onion.

That's my jam, right there - once a week, I make that. Usually I fry the kielbasa slices, then steam/braise the cabbage with bacon fat + butter. I always add some smoked paprika, garlic powder, a few slivers of onion, and sometimes I use Tony Chachere's creole seasoning.