• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    Couple of things...
    nvgdpxq0bymi.png

nuwjvowmh5jz.png

Sweet, but I gotta ask: what's up with the canti CX frames? Disk is where it's at, baby!

I like them. Good enough for me. :p
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Added some new wheels and tires. Bontrager Aeolus 5 TLR and R4 skin wall.

hsfwe906r5te.png
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    New HRM for use during indoor sessions.

sprbtcs3fwii.jpg
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Got loads of new stuff as I've been updating my Roubaix and my wife's bike. Latest change is a set of Shimano Dura-ace C24 wheels for the hills, shod with 24mm Specialized S-Works Turbo's and a set of Shimano RS81 C35's for general riding - currently shod with 23mm GT4000's but thinking about trying the 26mm version of the S-Works Turbo's on those.
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Some new furniture for the Pain Cave. As the proud owner of three trainers (Tacx Neo, Tacx Vortex, Kurt Kinetic Road Machine) and now two sets of rollers (Kurt Z-Rollers and these new Galaxia rollers) I'm starting to think I might have an indoor cycling equipment addiction...
    bbn503m5uuht.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    yeah, I think you've got a problem ;)

(unless of course, you've at least 5 bikes as well, and a rack of computers/wall of big screens and you're hosting Zwift Parties ;) )

• ntnunk
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    yeah, I think you've got a problem ;)

(unless of course, you've at least 5 bikes as well, and a rack of computers/wall of big screens and you're hosting Zwift Parties ;) )

In defense of my (indefensible) position, I can only say that the Vortex was commandeered by the wife when I tripped across my Neo at a price I simply couldn't refuse (seriously, it was discounted something like 64% because the box was a little scuffed up). I ended up with the Kurt because that's the trainer she was using before snagging my Vortex and we figured it'd be smart to keep it in case one of the electronic trainers died. The Z-Rollers were acquired under the same situation as the Neo: $300 rollers I got brand new for $75. Couldn't say no. The Galaxias I pretty much just wanted and found a decent deal on.

So... uh.. yeah. I have a problem. :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    ach, needs and wants... it's all splitting hairs, isn't it... considering the bikes, half bikes and bits i've got in the loft, there's no way I can criticise....
  • pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So, I've got something to add in for me: Trek Domane SL-6 Disc. Just got it today. :)

al1aerx9pn85.jpg
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    ^ Mmmmm. Carbon wheels.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Finally decided on this... The problem of switching to another colour scheme is I need to buy new stem, bar, bottle cages etc etc :|

75bw42c34p2x.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    The problem of switching to another colour scheme is I need to buy new stem, bar, bottle cages etc etc :|

you say that like it's a bad thing...

I'm completely OCD over how the bike is configured - not only had everything on the Dolan to be the perfect size to get my physical setup right, but I had to have everything colour coordinated as well - cost me quite a few extra £££ in upgrades I can tell you (for example the handlebars I thought were appropriate had the wrong colour in the logo's - next model up at half the price again had a plain black and white logo... no prizes for guessing which one I ended up with.) But I think my prize OCD moment was when I bought a headset top-cap/riser cone (that replaced the seperate headset upper race cover AND 15mm of spacers) put it on the bike and decided I didn't like it because it was shiny black carbon-fibre, and all the other visible carbon on the bike was either matt or "eggshell" finish. So I took the spacer off, sanded it down and re-lacquered it with a matt-finish. Then Didn't Like that either so re-sanded and got a "half-matte" lacquer, which I finally condescended to put on the bike...

Then of course, there was the colour co-ordinated cable end crimps...

And the transparent Presta Valve Caps (because I wanted it to look like I was running it without valve caps, but didn't actually want to get dust/grit in the pump-head when I topped up the tyres)

Not to mention Swapping cranksets to a Ultegra 6900 from a perfectly respectable and unworn 6800, because when my first Stages (6800) crank developed an aversion to Yorkshire Rain and was sent back for replacement, the replacement was a 6900 crank. And I couldn't bear having a mis-matched crank on the bike...

Yeah. I have a Problem.

• columbus2015
    columbus2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jeez...don't ever get white bar tape... I spend 20 minutes washing down the bike and 30 trying to clean the *(^%&^ bar tape.

And.... it came with white originally and I replaced it with white...knowing how much work it was, but... gotta keep the ride looking right...ya know what I mean?
  • mkenny5
    mkenny5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I went with red before, never going to anything but black bar tape again.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    mkenny5 wrote: »
    I went with red before, never going to anything but black bar tape again.

Seconded... Carried ;)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    had white tape on the Dolan from new. Baby-Wipes are the the obsessive riders best friend. Quick wipe over the tape after each ride, and when you actually clean the bike, get the "cillit bang (grease version)" and a nail-brush on the case. Many, Many thousands of Km's on the Dolan over the past 3-4 years, and it's still on the original tape. I'm thinking It's going to get changed soon, but that's basically because I need to renew the outer-cables on the gears/brakes sometime soon, and I doubt that the tape would go back on properly after removal...

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    I had white tape on my pro-lite when I purchased it like 25 years ago. I replaced it with black, and much prefer the look.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    So I took the spacer off, sanded it down and re-lacquered it with a matt-finish. Then Didn't Like that either so re-sanded and got a "half-matte" lacquer, which I finally condescended to put on the bike...

Then of course, there was the colour co-ordinated cable end crimps...

And the transparent Presta Valve Caps (because I wanted it to look like I was running it without valve caps, but didn't actually want to get dust/grit in the pump-head when I topped up the tyres)

What a read! Have to admit I never thought of matching the valve caps :D

I should be able to pick up the bike tomorrow if the weather cooperate - still can't decide on whether matt black or shiny-ish black bottle cages...
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Hey @TheBigYin

A new Lasercats jersey was just released. :p

llgn0p1jfv2j.png
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    :D:D:D