September Accountability & Weigh-in

Options

Replies

• RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "because the reality is I'm actually the biggest marshmallow to ever mallow." - @glassofroses this is why you are my hero - great sense of humor - I mean also the fact that you are so incredibly inspirational and REAL with your stories, and so supportive of my, and everyone's, journeys. The humor though - legit.
  • LaceyLieb
    LaceyLieb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I changed focus to fitness goals and that has been helping a ton.

Same. It's always been so difficult for me to stay motivated when I view my workouts just as a way to lose weight. Seeing it as training for something bigger is super inspiring. I'm a cyclist and a lot of the group rides I do are coed, so for me the biggest motivator when I don't feel like working out is thinking about training as a way to keep up with (or beat) the boys. Actually, was so close to skipping a workout this morning and then stumbled on this video and got immediately hyped: https://www.tetongravity.com/video/bike/all-female-bike-crew-perfectly-parodies-kendrick-lamars-humble
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 186.4 lbs
    SW August- 177.4 lbs

September 1st - 173.2 lbs
    September 6th - 175.4 lbs
    September 8th - 174.4 lbs
    September 12th - 171.8 lbs
    September 15th -
    September 19th -
    September 22nd -
    September 26th -
    September 29th -

September Goal- 169.9 lbs! (I'd be really happy to get out of the 170s)

Hello again! I know I haven’t posted in forever but I’m still at it! I weigh everyday so I’ve updated my post with the weights from those dates.

I haven’t been able to catch up on what you’re all up to but I’ll work harder and being more engaged. I’ve been working a ton these last few weeks and haven’t had time for much of anything. I haven’t worked out in almost 2 weeks, but I’m still tracking my food diligently.

Last night I had an indulging night. I just felt so tired and the weather is starting to turn cold here which always depresses me. I’ve been tracking and restricting not just my food, but my spending as well and I just hit a point when I needed a break. I feel much more engaged now that I had a night to just let go.

The rest of this week is still crazy with work, but next week things should slow down. Plus, I work at a college and now that school’s back in they have free workout classes that staff and students can attend. Those start up next week as well so that’ll be good for me to fit workouts into my schedule again.

I’ll do my best to post in more regularly and keep up with all of you. I hope September’s being good to all of you!
  • keyfoot72
    keyfoot72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to blogging. I've struggled with my weight for years. Now I'm being patient and remaining consistent with my healthy eating and exercise. I fell off the bandwagon taking two vacations over the summer but I'm mentally ready now.
    BW: 150
    CW: 146
    Goal weight: 135 by Christmas then <130 by 2/28/18. My birthday gift to myself. I'll need lots of motivation.
  • rachls77
    rachls77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    SW 140lb
    CW 131 lb
    GW 119 lb
    Height: 5ft 6
    September GW: 126 (1lb a week)
    1st Sept - 131lb
    10th Sept - 129lb (2lb loss)
    14th Sept - 127.8 lb (9st 1.8!)
    21st Sept -
    28th Sept -
    30th Sept -

So this week has been good in places and bad in places. I'm pleased with my loss and feel that within the next week my goal of being under 126 is achievable.

But it was a little rocky on the way! On Sunday my little boy came down with a sickness bug. I get very stressed about missing school (I'm a teacher) and I hate being stuck in at home. To compensate I snacked, to alleviate the stress and guilt of not being in work and because I was bored. I 'gained' 2lb overnight, which of course I didn't because I still only ate 2000 calls, but was very sedentary. Proud of myself for not throwing in the towel, which is what I would have done in the past. I've even been know to say to my husband 'if one bit of cake is going to make 2lb heavier I might as well give up now and eat whatever I want'.

But not this time! I went back to work on Wednesday. While I'm in work it is easy to eat well as the day flies past in a blur. Stuck with it, starting averaging about 18000 steps a day again and the extra weight has gone, as well as a little extra. Yay me!

I will get to 119lb, hopefully by the end of October half term, but if I don't I will persevere and get there when I can. I am determined not to give up.

Really should start doing some exercise tho.... ; )

Have a good day everyone!
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs

September 1st- 168 lbs
    September 4th- 172 lbs
    September 8th- 169.1 lbs
    September 11th- 169.8 lbs
    September 15th- 166.4 lbs
    September 18th-
    September 25th-
    September 29th-

End of September goal weight 164 lbs

Hi everyone! I was really not feeling like myself at the beginning of this week. I was really low and anxious. I am happy to report I am feeling much better. It looks like opting for the stationary bike some days, to take the pressure off my joints wasn't a bad call!
    I have been noticing some weird aches and pains as my body has been changing throughout this journey. I feel hyper aware of everything. Heres to breaking through to the 165 and below range!! Today is my last day of working in an office. I will be heading to campus to start my graduate school journey on monday. I have a feeling there will be a lot more walking in my future! LOL

@keyfoot72 welcome to the group! :)

@KelseyRL you are crushing!! @rachls77 way to go on getting in those steps.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @2tall4thisworld Excellent work! glad you are taking care of yourself. Welcome to all the new ladies!
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    HW- 186.4 lbs
    SW August- 177.4 lbs

September 1st - 173.2 lbs
    September 6th - 175.4 lbs
    September 8th - 174.4 lbs
    September 12th - 171.8 lbs
    September 15th - 171.4 lbs
    September 19th -
    September 22nd -
    September 26th -
    September 29th -

September Goal- 169.9 lbs! (I'd be really happy to get out of the 170s)

I just posted yesterday so I don't have much new to say. I'm trying to get back into the habit of posting though so I figured I'd post anyway.

Things are going well with weight loss. I feel like I'm well on my way to reaching my September goal. However, the last week of September I'm going to a conference in a city I used to live in and I think I could eat/drink a lot that weekend. I'm honestly not as concerned about the food/potential weight gain as I am about the money we're probably going to spend. I live in a much smaller city now and I'm excited to spend a week in a bigger center with all my favourite restaurants and bars. I have lots of friends from there too so there'll be lots of socializing.

Part of me is so excited to go be a downtown city girl again and indulge in everything the city has to offer, but part of me knows that it'll be hard on my pocketbook and waistline if I go all out. Knowing me, the indulgent side will win out, but I'm hoping to at least keep it in check. We'll see. I know I can get back on the weight loss horse if I take a week to party, but I can't just make all the money I spend reappear. Oh well. I'll keep you guys posted.

@rachls77 - good job on keeping it in check. One bad day doesn't really make any difference. It's when you let one turn into 3, turn into 5, turn into forever. Being able to just start the next day fresh is so important!

@2tall4thisworld - I know that feeling of just being restless and uncomfortable. It does pass but it sucks when it happens. I know I'll feel better if I do something active, like go for a walk or a bike ride, but it's so easy to let yourself wallow and hide out and eat and be lazy. I'm glad you got through it and got some movement in. Good luck with grad school! That's such an exciting change!!

@keyfoot72 - Welcome to the forums! Being mentally in it is the biggest thing. If you've got that, then you've got this!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've missed weigh in this week as my period arrived and I was too bloated and it would have made me miserable. Unfortunately I've taken advantage of the witch being here and overindulged :o at a party tonight, so tomorrow is a new healthy day :)
  • FreshBrew92
    FreshBrew92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Height 5'8.5"

SW September 1 - 157.5lbs

September 1st- 157.5lbs
    September 8th- 157lbs
    September 15th- 154.5
    September 29th-

September Goal- 149!

Doesn't look like I will make my September goal but I definitely want to lose at least 5lbs this month.
  • Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Age 29

HW: 128lbs
    SW September: 118.6lbs
    Ultimate goal: 110lbs
    September goal: 115lbs

Sept 3: 117.2
    Sept 10: 115.4
    Sept 17: 114.6
    Sept 24:

Don't trust today's weigh-in because it is the result of very recent poor life choices rather than representative of a healthy pattern. Short version is I'm dealing with a very recent loss in the family and for some reason this translated to me deciding that rather than eat anything yesterday I should instead consume half a bottle of whiskey only slightly mixed with cola and make myself ill and a burden on my husband. Yes, I do know this isn't the way to handle grief. That however did not actually mean much to me while I was in the middle of doing it to myself. This coming week is going to be a mess for me food-wise because I'll be traveling to pay my respects and won't get much choice when it comes to what or when I'm eating. I'll attempt to continue logging food as much as I can, but I freely admit it's not much of a priority right now, and we'll just have to see what the scale says next week
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    @Ree13x I'm sorry for your loss, hon. And coping mechanisms are what they are. My dad went into hospital on Thursday night, is still in there, after only being home for maybe 2 weeks from a 10 day stint in hospital. He's a very poorly man but he's never been hospitalised so much until this year and my natural reaction is to eat, it's my whole family's natural reaction. So I've stopped buying the processed stuff and as an extended family, my mum/brother etc, have decided that we're not going to buy this kind of food because we're not helping ourselves and we're not going to enable each other.

My point is, draw a line in the sand, what's done is done and try your best going forward. That's all anyone can ask of you. :heart:
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height - 5' 3"
    HW - 127 (Feb 2017)
    GW - 110
    September SW - 114.8
    September GW: 113

Sept 4: 114.4, 24.2% BF
    Sept 11: 114.0
    Sept 18: 113.2
    Sept 25:

Had a rough eating week. I completely blew it this weekend - and yet somehow lost weight. Although by all accounts I shouldn't have. I think it was a fluke but hey, I'll take it.

Also, turns out my bathroom scale is really inaccurate at measuring BF% so I've given up on that already. My scale puts my anywhere between 21-25% and online calculators put me around 21-22%.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My condolences @Ree13x. Be kind to yourself. Same goes for you @glassofroses. Tough times call for kind measures.

See @2tall4thisworld, we all said you'd get back in to it and here you are, continuing as if nothing ever happened!

Welcome newbies! @FreshBrew92 and @rachls77, you are doing really well! And @KelseyRL, keeping my fingers crossed you break the 170 barrier this month!

I am not looking forward to weigh in on Wednesday. I have been good all weekend, but the dreaded AF arrived today and I have been feeling bloated since Friday. And despite being under calories on both Sat & Sun I was heavier this morning. Never mind, it's all part of the fun of being a woman.

• glassofroses
    Options
    @brianneangell08 Mine reckons I'm 26.4% BF when no calculator has ever put me above 22% (they range 19-22%). I just use the first measurement I had, a frankly shocking 50.3% (SW 212) - whatever the scale gives me and then I use that as my BF lost. It's not an accurate reading of what my BF is but it gives me a benchmark to work with.

Thanks @rianneonamission. There are no kind hearts here. Just impending rage at whatever mess up happens next. My current favourite was when the doctors went in and got my father, alone, who has dementia, to sign a DNR. Which we know for a fact he doesn't want and they'd know that if they asked us. Then it's like someone give me a biscuit I need to calm down. I wish that was the most recent c*ck up but it's not. It should get easier now to cope that my mum's 60th is out of the way. I had to give up a lot of training (my sanity time) last week and I suffered a lot for it. I'm a very bloated and pained 145 today, bloody alcohol and bread lbr, and it's literally hurting my back like I'm some sort of pregnant lady. Lots of water, no unnecessary snacking and vegetables. God, I miss vegetables.

This is why weight is a range though. Hormones happen. Life happens. You just own up to it and sort it out. Or don't, that's your choice. I'm sure you'll be okay though. Up from ToM but nothing drastic.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs

September 1st- 168 lbs
    September 4th- 172 lbs
    September 8th- 169.1 lbs
    September 11th- 169.8 lbs
    September 15th- 166.4 lbs
    September 18th- 165.6 lbs
    September 22nd-
    September 25th-
    September 29th-

End of September goal weight 164 lbs

Ended up being down to 164.2 over the weekend which was great to see when I stepped on the scale. However, I am much happier with 165.6 today. Over the weekend I felt myself going back to some old habits of not eating enough. As many of you know I do occasionally binge as well. However, the past couple of days I know I haven't been eating enough throughout the day. I will probably write a longer post about this on my profile, but I wanted to bring it up because I think (just like with binges) I need to be held accountable for not eating enough too. I went climbing yesterday on only 700 calories and did not do well. That was my wake up call. I got home and luckily my amazing roommate was there. I admitted to her that I haven't been eating enough, in part because I know there are a lot of changes in my life coming up. And being strict with my diet helps me feel in control. She gave me a big hug and then gave me a huge serving of her veggie quinoa dish. It was SO GOOD. So all of this is to say, 165.6 is ok with me today. I'm just looking to maintain for a couple days now. A couple non scale victories- my climbing harness fits me wayyyyyyy better. The straps now overlap around my waist and before they barely touched each other. I also have been doing well keeping up with my outdoor runs :)

@Ree13x I am very sorry for your loss. @glassofroses I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through with your father, and all of the physical/emotional pains you must be experience. My thoughts are with the both of you.
    @rianneonamission thank you for calling me out about "fasting" it made me reassess what I was doing :)
    @bringbackthejoy thank you so much for the support love!

• Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @rianneonamission and @glassofroses. I really appreciate the kind thoughts. I'm taking things one day at a time and I know that once I'm able to be with the rest of my family I'll have some closure.

@glassofroses I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to your family. Those doctors should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of him like that. I'm getting mad at work just thinking about it.

• karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 50 years old. 5 ft. 6 inches and currently weigh 134 lbs. Started at 142. I want to weigh 130 by Thanksgiving.
  • karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my belly. Its almost impossible to lose! Any tips??
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Thanks @2tall4thisworld and @Ree13x. Honestly you become desensitised at a certain point, as bad as that sounds. Like my mother, she has had a bad foot for well over 18 months and the doctors kept fobbing her off and fobbing her off because of her situation (she's a terminal cancer patient). I mean, one doctor told her in the appointment that she made to talk about it that she [the doctor] didn't want to talk about that but my mum's blood results before proceeding to tell her all this stuff that was wrong with her -- all of which down to her medication for her cancer treatment. Now she has atrophy of the muscles in her foot, and also a kind of arthritis of the muscle, and may never wear a proper shoe again. Currently she has to wear this boot thing for 4 months and hope for the best while they sort out an accompanying steroid injection for her pain. I can get angry and stressed or I can just move on because what's done is done. I do what I can, forget what I can't. I mean, I kick up when I have to but I generally don't think about these things unless they're the problem of the day.

And @2tall4thisworld I think you've learned a valuable lesson about low calories and exercise. You were lucky you didn't pass out. Health isn't a number on a scale, it's the knowledge that you can go out there and do what you need to do and be okay. You have to take care of yourself. No one is invincible and you need to give yourself your best chance at life /gets off pedestal. I really don't like to get all martyr-y on people but I'm going to crack down on a b*tch if I think you're being stupid. That being said, I'm happy about your harness. That's pretty darn cool.

Let us know how you're doing, @Ree13x. I know we can't do a lot from the internet but you've got people you can talk to in us. :heart:

@karinschoultz You can't spot reduce, i.e. choose to lose from your belly, you just have to be in a constant calorie deficit and the weight will come off where your body wants it to. It can be sucky, but thems the breaks. :smiley: