Options
13»

Replies

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    @gamommy Through my own research the past few years I've come to conclusion that calories aren't really relevant to weight loss. I'm convinced it's about the TYPES of food a peerson eats that is important. I see so many people on mfp eating 1,000-1,200 calories struggling to "maintain" their weight. I'm at my lowest weight since high school and eat probably 2,500-3,000 calories. But I rarely eat highly processed food. I don't drink shakes or take vitamins. (all my blood work is good) Don't eat Quest bars or other "healthy" bars. Just stick mainly to fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, seeds, cheese, meats, fish. I graze all day long. Eat when I'm hungry, stop when I start getting full. And exercise most days. Mainly walking and running. :smile:

Sorry this is off topic to the original poster...

My friend..lol you know I'm only saying this because I love you... o:) If a person is not at your fitness level might be a good Idea to give them the bariatric basics.

The original poster asked "I'm actually just looking for some new throw together combinations that are small but taste pretty good and are pretty quick. What are your favorite throw together meals?" I'm just offering up my favorite bariatric basic weight loss quick on the run food ideas.

I get it, If you ate like a bariatric patient and you are an athlete your health is going to deteriorate.

You already know I don't eat like a bariatric patient in weight loss mode. My calories change when I run, when I'm less active, and when my goal is to gain muscle weight lifting.

My preference is to use. TDEE calculator.net

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    This is my new favorite recipe, with the mushroom, egg, and even a little parmesan it's under 150 calories for one, and 10 grams of protein, and super tasty!!! https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2013/11/04/eggs-baked-in-portobello-mushrooms/d9mingipeki1.jpg

Nummmm. I have done crab stuffed mushrooms with mozzarella melted on top. This will be great for breakfast...I'm going to try your recipe.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @garber6th, that recipe sounds awesome; I'm gonna try it within the next couple days! (Need to go get the portobellos.) @fit_chickx, ooh, crab stuffed with mozzarella on top sounds wonderful too! I need to Google "Portobello stuffed" to see what else I can find! Thanks, you two!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite recipe, with the mushroom, egg, and even a little parmesan it's under 150 calories for one, and 10 grams of protein, and super tasty!!! https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2013/11/04/eggs-baked-in-portobello-mushrooms/d9mingipeki1.jpg

How do you clean the mushrooms? Directions say to remove the gills but I can't tell how much to remove. If possible next time you make them would you post a picture of the cleaned mushroom so I can see how much you removed? Thanks.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I like anything that I can prepare ahead or quickly cook. I cook ground turkey or chicken, season with Old El Paso taco seasoning mix with onions and bell peppers and eat 3 ounces with salad or steamed veggies. I like sweet and spicy tuna with a small salad or lemon pepper tuna with steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I also like Morningstar spicy black bean burgers with a soft poached egg and avocado.
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about MorningStar Farms black bean burgers. I'm going to have to get some of those. I hope they have a good amount of protein
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I keep hearing about MorningStar Farms black bean burgers. I'm going to have to get some of those. I hope they have a good amount of protein

I bought some Boca vegan burgers and they have 17 grams of protein, I was pleasantly surprised!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »

How do you clean the mushrooms? Directions say to remove the gills but I can't tell how much to remove. If possible next time you make them would you post a picture of the cleaned mushroom so I can see how much you removed? Thanks.

I cleaned the mushrooms with a wet paper towel and used a spoon to scrape out all the gills, but I will for sure post a picture next time I make them!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »

I cleaned the mushrooms with a wet paper towel and used a spoon to scrape out all the gills, but I will for sure post a picture next time I make them!

A melon baller is a great tool for removing mushroom gills!
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My fave go to meal is provolone cheese topped with pepperoni and microwaved 30 secs to 1 minute. Quick and easy meal. Tastes like pizza.

Now THAT sounds yummy! I'm going to give this a try with turkey pepperoni!!
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas here!
  • professor700
    professor700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yea....pepperoni in the microwave for 30 sec....ends up crispy. I use it as chips for dipping cheese yummm