September Accountability & Weigh-in

Options

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my belly. Its almost impossible to lose! Any tips??

@karinschoultz It is impossible to spot reduce. This means you can't specifically do anything to lose fat only in your stomach particularly. That being said, as you lose weight and lose body fat, it will come off your stomach as well. Patience!

Additionally, doing a wide range of core and full body exercises will help strengthen your core muscles. This can help firm you up which will become more apparent as you continue to lose body fat.
  • Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thank you @2tall4thisworld and sorry i messed your mention earlier. we must have been typing at the same time. I'm glad you've got what sounds like a great supportive roomate to support you. I agree you're lucky you didn't pass out and I'm glad that you're OK now and know to keep an eye on it.
    @glassofroses I'll do what I can to keep you posted on the ups and downs and appreciate the offer of support. Support over the internet is no less valuable and it means a lot to me <3<3
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7"
    HW 151lbs
    GW 122lbs-124lbs
    September GW: 124lbs

June Start: 144lbs
    June Finish: 141lbs
    July Start: 137lbs
    July Finish: 132lbs
    August Stater: 131 lbs
    August Finish: 128 lbs

9/2: 127 lbs
    9/9: 126lbs
    9/16: 125lbs
    9/23:
    9/30:

@Ree13x @glassofroses my heart goes out to you both. May happier times find you soon. I have been getting run a little ragged lately with grad school classes, full time work, and wedding planning. Despite not being able to work out as often as I've continued to lose weight slowly - I think mostly because I have adopted a standing desk at work so I stand 9am-12p, rest or do yoga 12-1pm, stand 1-4pm and then sit for the last hour. Speaking of yoga I joined a free program at work for yoga on Monday lunch periods - so I'm hoping that will hold me to my fitness goals a bit better. I send my love to all of you!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    Sept Goal weight: 112-115

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- average of 115 as I had a crazy 4th of July trip
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Sept 4-112.2
    Sept 11-113
    Sept 18-113.6
    Sept 25-

Struggles: No real struggles this week.
    Successes: I did my long slow run on Sunday successfully, though I had to do 1/2 outside and 1/2 on the treadmill due to timing issues. It was really weird.
    Upcoming week plan: I've noticed that I'm doing a lot more licks, bites and "just one nut, no biggie" on the daily. I have to re-focus on the meal plan as the unconscious eating is what gets me in trouble. I think I will start weighing in on Fridays as I seem to have a large glycogen/ lactic acid/ water retention after my long sunday runs and it's kind of messing with me. I do prefer the monday weigh in as it keeps me on track for the weekend but this maintenance thing is trial and error at this point.

Stay strong, ladies!
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Weekly check-in:
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 171 lbs
    Ultimate goal: Around 132 lbs
    September goal: 152 lbs (REVISED GOAL 154 lbs)
    Sep 1 158lbs
    Sep 8 157 lbs
    Sep 15 157.5 lbs (i was bad AND premenstrual)
    Sep 22
    Sep 29
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I typed a full post last night on my phone, only to accidentally hit 'done' in the top right corner and losing the entire thing. :s

Welcome newbies! @karinschoultz, the above advise is fab. I am a midsection weight carrier and honestly, it is nothing other than hard work and patience to get rid of it. I still have a fair few lbs of body fat to shift and it is slimming down, though not as fast as my limbs. Never mind, can't change biology. Core exercises will help in the sense that stronger muscles will contain existing fat better, but it won't burn your fat in that specific area at all. Long term eating at a deficit will, eventually, burn it.

Well done on your weight loss @rachls77, @FreshBrew92, @brianneangell08, @RMC1995. @KelseyRL, fingers crossed you break that 170 barrier this month!

@2tall4thisworld, I didn't intend to call you out on fasting, but glad to unintentionally have been of service B). Fuel your weight loss appropriately, you'll be happier and healthier for it. Be aware you are a whole 1lb lighter than me now!

You seem pretty nicely stable and in control, despite some bad habits here and there @bringbackthejoy. To think that in 8 months you dropped 36lbs is astounding!

Treating yourself kindly will save you some energy to use for the rage @glassofroses (not that you should have to, but that's the NHS now). Listen to that sore throat and allow yourself to get better!

@mrssunshine78 and @curlygirlusn, I feel your pain. My PM bloating is starting to go down and, by some miracle, I didn't overeat yesterday (day 1). Then again, I've not been hit by cramps yet and would imagine I will overeat on the day that I am.
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    starting again
    CW 135 - 5 ft 2
    GW 125 by Xmas
    carry weight in stomach mostly , so hard to reduce there but we can do it . Love this place.
    Like to hang out and get inspired by so many of u guys!!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I've been really consistent this week and very conscious of what I have been eating, because I knew the dreaded AF was due and I would be heavier because of it. I also managed two runs and a gym visit, as well as a little weighted circuit training in front of the TV this week. I'm actually surprised I am not heavier than last week, I really did expect to be.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW September: 169lbs (last August weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    September goal: Sub 165lbs
    Body fat goal for September: Sub 26.7%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    2nd Aug: 166.8lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    9th Aug: 167.2lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    16th Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    23rd Aug: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    6th Sep: 168.4lbs - Body fat 27%
    13th Sep: 166.6lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    20th Sep: 166.6lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    27th Sep:

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Party in the 160s! Congrats, @KelseyRL!

Thanks for the support everybody. It's like my mum always says, 'it is what it is'. We have fun, we don't take life too seriously, but you can bet your bottom dollar we're ready to roll when it goes down. Which happens a lot, sadly.

As for my bloating/weight gain, I'm really starting to think that weight is an illusion. I'm creeping back down to the 10st/140lb mark despite eating free for all for about two weeks and then drinking and eating up a storm at my mum's 60th. I'm talking at least 6 glasses of prosecco and one cider that I can definitely account for -- you know how it is when someone keeps topping up your glass. Tons of party food, I think I stuffed a whole tiger roll in my mouth at one point, and it was not my first. I was very drunk, don't judge. Birthday cake. Also a huge sausage twist thing in a white bap with chips that was frankly, delicious at the zoo. A caramel macchiatio. But yeah, I'm talking nondiscriminatory eating at it's best and I'm 142.6 and still going down.

All I can suggest is that it's this cold I have and water weight but I've been replenishing like it's my day job and to soothe the itch in my throat. Also I should weigh more because I'm not really sleeping because I can't breathe/keep coughing. The mystery of the human body. :confounded:

@jeanniebeanie59 Welcome! You'll definitely find tons of inspiration with this lot. I really like/and think is beneficial is how everyone shares no matter the week's outcome. No one judges you, just makes sure you're okay and back on your way. It's a lot nicer than someone IRL staring you down when you eat a doughnut like HDU eat that you're being 'healthy'. Or is that just me? :lol:
  • rh0322
    rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    New and back at MFP and looking for support / accountability. I know the month is almost over, but hoping to "catch" up on posts and get to know you all....and hopefully carry over to an October group. Love the inspiration so far. I battle the same "last" 10 lbs forever and am ready to turn the struggle into loving the process and result.
  • talliejtaylor
    talliejtaylor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the group but here!
    Height: 5'3
    HW: 143
    CW: 129
    GW: 115

My goal is to lose 3lbs in the next month.
  • doceo
    doceo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI
    So this is my first check in... and I've really been off the gym for a few weeks (trip and then nasty cold with loss of energy). Hope to hit the gym again tomorrow because I cancelled my trainer twice already.

I'm 5'10"
    Sept 20 - 156
    Goal - 140

Hope you are all doing great!
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well, I was cruising along losing according to plan, and then...well, I have no excuses, but it was my birthday and it turned into my birthday week. Up 1.5 lbs.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this group!
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am feeling so drained, stressed and down lately I am afraid of spiraling. I just found out that due to some clerical errors at my office extra money will be taken out of my paycheck for the rest of the year for my Health Care Plan to make up for the almost 3 months that payroll failed to do so. I will also be losing money to additional taxes as they have just determined that my part-time grad school being 95% off is considered taxable income. This means that I will lose 51%-60% of my take-home pay for EVERY PAYCHECK until January. Of course, I still have the 5% of unpaid tuition to handle (about $500 due in mid-October). I was already on a tight budget, but still able to put away about $150-$200 a month - but now I know I will need to dip into my savings in order to pay for groceries, mortgage, student loans, gas, etc. This is absolutely crushing me as I was saving every nickel, penny and dime I had to go towards my wedding next year. With grad school, work, and this added stress I find that I am incapable of sleeping - but still tired all of the time! I feel like all I want to do is wrap up in a blanket burrito, cry and eat actual burritos. SOS
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bringbackthejoy!, how tall are you? I am 5'5'' and weigh 122lb. My goal is 118lb. That's feel very hard. Every time when I loose 4 lb, I quickly gain back those 4lb back. It takes me 8 days to loose 4lb, and only 2 days to gain back
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my belly. Its almost impossible to lose! Any tips??
    I've herd that easiest fat to loose is a belly fat. Don't desperate. It takes u only food restriction and WHOLE body exercieses. Don't get stuck on the belly crunches and cardio treadmill. Fat burns in the largest body muscles, which are the legs, butt and may be your back. Your belly will have it's dose of work out every time u do any moves with your legs, butt, arms, back. Do u know of MRT (metabolick, resistance training)?? This may help a lot. Remember, for girls any exercise day has to be a legs day!!
  • FreshBrew92
    FreshBrew92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Height 5'8.5"

SW September 1 - 157.5lbs

September 1st- 157.5lbs
    September 8th- 157lbs
    September 15th- 154.5
    September 29th-

September Goal- 149!

Doesn't look like I will make my September goal but I definitely want to lose at least 5lbs this month.

Update: As of today I am 154. I was 152 a few days ago but think I am having water weight fluctuations. I expect my weight to be 152 or lower by the end of next week.
  • bringbackthejoy
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    Sept Goal weight: 112-115

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- average of 115 as I had a crazy 4th of July trip
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Sept 4-112.2
    Sept 11-113
    Sept 18-113.6
    Sept 22-111.6
    Sept 25-

Struggles: No real struggles this week. Just trying to keep thinks reasonable and tight.
    Successes: I had a great run yesterday and hit. A PR for pace. It's amazing what taking an unscheduled rest day will do for your stamina.
    Upcoming week plan: First Friday weigh-in. I will keep on keeping on. I am traveling next week so I have written a gym plan and am trying to make my mileage goals but I think I will have to move my long run a day out. Will plan accordingly.
  • bringbackthejoy
    Options
    @glassofroses no judgement here. We have all been there. I have no explanation for the weight though, whenever I have a free for all kind of night, I definitely see it on the scale. I don't know if you have them in your area, but I recommend wellness shots (lemon juice, cayenne and ginger). They have been super effective in staving off colds for me this year.